over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Slin question?

BigD09

Newbies
I've been using 8ius of Novolin R(started at 2 and worked my way up) postworkout. But I was thinking about using it pre because when I wake up my breakfast is my preworkout meal. I've read that guys take it first thing in the morning with their breakfast.. Would this be more beneficial?

I've been using 8ius of Novolin R(started at 2 and worked my way up) postworkout. But I was thinking about using it pre because when I wake up my breakfast is my preworkout meal. I've read that guys take it first thing in the morning with their breakfast.. Would this be more beneficial?

It works either way.

I prefer R preworkout. I like the pump and strength it gives me, and also feel like the shit ton of carbs I'm taking in, are going where they need to. I usually put on about 8 lbs in 2 weeks when I get back on slin.

I also don't like staying low fat for so long after my workout with R post workout.

Do it pre the life of it will give you the benefit of both worlds. The carb feeding pre is great and also post is great for feeding the muscle better.

You seem to be already using slin without a very good understanding of it.
If you switch to pre, keep in mind you will likely need an intra shake properly put together and sipped on so you don't go hypo.

You seem to be already using slin without a very good understanding of it.

You can tell this from a single post? And in the post he states that he has worked his way up from 2iu to 8iu postworkout...sound reasoning skills you have...

You can tell this from a single post? And in the post he states that he has worked his way up from 2iu to 8iu postworkout...sound reasoning skills you have...

Who are you again? Read his post. Let him take Humulin/Novolin with breakfast and then go work out. See how that works out with no mention of timing or an intra workout shake. If you understand insulin fully...why would you need to contemplate if this would work or not? Why would you use humulin post workout in the first place?

Wow, I guess anyone that starts at 2iu and works their way up to 8iu has a full understanding of insulin. Good logic.

Who are you again? Read his post. Let him take Humulin/Novolin with breakfast and then go work out. See how that works out with no mention of timing or an intra workout shake. If you understand insulin fully...why would you need to contemplate if this would work or not? Why would you use humulin post workout in the first place?

Wow, I guess anyone that starts at 2iu and works their way up to 8iu has a full understanding of insulin. Good logic.

Lol...I have an understanding of it. I used it today pre with my breakfast and it worked out just fine :) I have my timing right with my intake of carbs and I have done my research. I know plenty who have used it post with success. Just a question bud lol

Lol...I have an understanding of it. I used it today pre with my breakfast and it worked out just fine :) I have my timing right with my intake of carbs and I have done my research. I know plenty who have used it post with success. Just a question bud lol

Just lookin out for ya. I highly suggest you take in a peri workout shake with carbs, aminos, etc. From the 2 to 5 hr mark you are feeding your muscles and trying to get in as many quality nutrients as possible under that curve. This is especially a must if you are trying to gain muscle mass with this insulin cycle. The last thing you want to do is load up on breakfast and go hypo one day in he gym without proper nutrient intake laid out.
Good luck.

Just lookin out for ya. I highly suggest you take in a peri workout shake with carbs, aminos, etc. From the 2 to 5 hr mark you are feeding your muscles and trying to get in as many quality nutrients as possible under that curve. This is especially a must if you are trying to gain muscle mass with this insulin cycle. The last thing you want to do is load up on breakfast and go hypo one day in he gym without proper nutrient intake laid out.
Good luck.

I appreciate the look out. Yeah I sip on a drink with everything I need while training. I've felt good so far. The pumps were insane. I definitely love that feeling.

I personally prefer my R about 1 hour preworkout with a pre,during,and post workout shake. I use 16 iu's R and take in a total of 175 grams of carbs during the Peri workout period. Keep in mind im 6 foot and 248 right now

I personally prefer my R about 1 hour preworkout with a pre,during,and post workout shake. I use 16 iu's R and take in a total of 175 grams of carbs during the Peri workout period. Keep in mind im 6 foot and 248 right now

That's a solid way to do slin.

question

shooting humalog a few mins before going into train. I usually train around 7 or 730 and need to be in bed by 11 for work purposes the next day.

How long do you have to wait after shooting humalog before you can go to bed generally?

Most sites say 3-4 hours.

It really depends on how much your using. Personally, I really dont think i would feel comfortable going to bed any sooner than like 4 or 5 hours after using insulin

fitnesskatz

good imfo makes sense,,,im wondering bout morning injection thats the one that always gets me ppl have told me that should be the smallest dosage so say 10units still too much you guys think for am pin

how long afterwards will you be going to train?

fitnesskatz

how long afterwards will you be going to train?

i meant a.m. morning thats the one i cant get when ive tried slin,,,but i always workout at nightime workdays start kind of early but the last time i tried it i did 10 units in morning then 20 before workout i always use humalog r, that morning shot is what gets me,,,i mean far as sugar falling out it was fine for say few days then every morning like hour after morning pin man my sugar would bottom out i even tried switching carbs up where i was getting some complex, maltodextrin and pure simples so is my morning dose just too much

possibly. When you do the morning shot, is it after your first meal of the day, or before? How many grams of carbs do you consume in say the 3 hour time period after the slin is administered?

fitnesskatz

possibly. When you do the morning shot, is it after your first meal of the day, or before? How many grams of carbs do you consume in say the 3 hour time period after the slin is administered?

i pin before meal, 12 eggs, met-rx mrp, 1 cup oatmeal with banana and 1 tbl of natural pb in it with some pancake syrup and a bagel and im pretty good bout consuming something every 3 hrs even if its just a shake i try to stay with as much food as possible depends on time of yr cuz of job im a strength and conditioning trainer at a college so believe it or not this is the best time with football underway full swing cuz i have the skilled position guys and i dont work them very hard during season point is i have more time this time of yr to try different things after jan i may not even be able to take a dump til that evening only thing i have ever been able to figure out is i take xanax for sleep which drops your blood sugar anyway and im a bad bad bad morning person i mean i have to chill for a while when i get to work other than that im pretty active during the day i cant sit behind desk long but im very open to suggestions cuz what little i have gotten to use it i got tremendous results

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear