over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

slin without liquid carbs

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have been taking slin for a week,,,,i get fat easy,,,,so even taking just 5iu and adding 50g of liquid carbs (to my malto) i noticed the fat coming on ( no other changes to diet- food all weighed out). Prior to this i was staying lean with my diet/cardio regiment,,,on cycle.

So it had to either be the slin itself, or more likely the 50g of junk carbs I was taking with the slin to not go hypo.

So today I decided just to try and use my regular meal carbs to keep me from going hypo. I took the humalin r 90 mins pre-workout (so it would be peaking during my workout followed by cardio). I shot 5iu,,then ate my regular meal (10 oz chicken 8 oz sweet potato). I think it worked out to 60ish carbs.

Well I made it through my entire workout (1 hour) followed by a bcaa shake, followed by 30 mins of cardio without any problems.

Blood sugar readings...

Pre-workout 120
Beginning of workout 82
Middle of workout 78
Post workout 75
10 min into cardio 75
20 min into cardio
Post cardio 80

Is this what is meant when some guys say just add the slin to your regular diet, rather then adding slin then using carbs (as liquid) to the slin?

It seems like it makes more sense to do it the way i did today with no liquid carbs,,,,especially for guys who get fat easy. Im sure guys who are naturally lean can drink junk carbs without a problem. Or is there an anabolic effect by taking liquid carbs also?

Just wondering opinions,,,seems like there are two schools of thought

1. Take slin and take a shitload of liquid carbs down with it
2. Add slin to your regular diet carefully without adding junk liquid carbs

The reason that bodybuilders are interested in insulin lies in it's ability to cause the storage of greater amounts of carbohydrates and amino acids inside muscle cells. Insulin is both anabolic and anti-catabolic in nature, and can produce dramatic and rapid increases in the size and fullness of the muscles when used "correctly.
For many, insulin may seem like the perfect bodybuilding drug. It's legal, cheap, effective, and easy to obtain.
Its easy to get very fat of insulin. I go with the old school of thought: Add slin to your regular diet carefully without adding junk liquid carbs

Are you taking your insulin daily or just a few days per week?

hey bro,,im hitting the slin 3 days a week,,,,delts day,,,arms day,,,and back day,,,,the 3 parts im really trying to bring up right now,,,no slin on chest day and legs.

im thinking it might be ideal to train after breakfast,,,5iu slin with morning oats and egg whites....1.5 hour later train. that breakfast carbs hopefully can support the slin

smalltown,,,i def agree it makes more sense to support it with regular diet,,,but i see alot of guys go crazy with these magic drinks full of junk carbs,,,wonder if they naturally stay lean so it works for them

hey bro,,im hitting the slin 3 days a week,,,,delts day,,,arms day,,,and back day,,,,the 3 parts im really trying to bring up right now,,,no slin on chest day and legs.

im thinking it might be ideal to train after breakfast,,,5iu slin with morning oats and egg whites....1.5 hour later train. that breakfast carbs hopefully can support the slin

smalltown,,,i def agree it makes more sense to support it with regular diet,,,but i see alot of guys go crazy with these magic drinks full of junk carbs,,,wonder if they naturally stay lean so it works for them

how many units of insulin (and what kind) do you use that oats is enough to keep you from going hypoglycemic and into insulin shock?

Humalog and Novalog are ideal. Humalin, Levemir and Lantus are simply too long acting in my opinion. The point of insulin to shuttle what would otherwise be an excessive amount of nutrients into the muscle to fascilitate muscle growth. The slow, long acting ones have a milder effect, yet still require monitoring of glucose levels and for a much longer duration. Additionally, i wouldnt want supraphysiological levels of insulin in me around the clock. Resistance will happen, and subsquently lead to hyperglycemia

hey bro,,it was 5iu humalin r,,,and 8oz of sweet potatoes supported that amount,,i think its around 60 carbs (in 8 oz) not quite sure but its around there. took no liquid carbs and was good until about 4 hours later when i got off tredmill

I have found that Humulin-R works great without the addition of liquid carbs. As far as the fat gain goes, you shouldn't be using carbs to "not go hypo". You should consider your carb intake and adjust your slin dose accordingly. This will minimize fat gain and make it a lot less likely that you'll run the risk of going hypo.

I have found that Humulin-R works great without the addition of liquid carbs. As far as the fat gain goes, you shouldn't be using carbs to "not go hypo". You should consider your carb intake and adjust your slin dose accordingly. This will minimize fat gain and make it a lot less likely that you'll run the risk of going hypo.

Well you should certainly have in mind the amount of carbs you need to intake in relation to how many units you took. If your equation is incorrect, you may find yourself hypo with no readily available carbs and you go into insulin shock and possible fall iinto a coma and even die.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131