over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

slow carbs, fast slin?

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Does anyone's who uses fast acting slin pre or post use more typical, whole food, carb sources only? Fruit, potatoes, Oates, etc? It seems like I see everyone drinking liquid carbs along with slin, but if you can support them and not go hypo using regular food, is there any downside? The carbs are still being shuttled where they need to go and your still getting the benefits.

I take 10 R type pre (adding 2 Iu each weak) and I simply eat egg whites, fruit, and rice cakes pre (140g carbs). Tuna and rice cakes post with an apple.

I have used Humalog with meals that were lean protein and carbs like fish and potatoes , lean beef and sweet potatoes with no issues at all as far as hypoglycemia.

I prefer to use very simple fast digestion carbs like dextrose during and immediately after training because they always digested very easily , I want the nutrients available as easy as possible during and after training without the body having to break them down

I use fast slin and 95% of my carbs are from whole food sources (rice, potatoes, oats, fruit, etc). The only time i use liquid carbs is in Intra and thats maybe 5-10% of my total daily carbs. LOTS of people/BBers do this.

I use regular carbs at every other time besides peri workout

Rice cakes were always a between exercise snack on humulin-R pre workout

But humulin R is kinda middle speed

The Carmel ones were 11g carbs. Easy to count

good to see others use whole food and slower carbs, I assume people did, I just read so much about guys using liquid carbs and intra workout.

I have no doubt that slow whole food sources can keep me from going hypo, just based on personal experience and knowing my tolerance to slin. and I have the smarties on hand in case I feel im going hypo

I just wanted to make sure there is nothing beneficial about fast carbs when it comes to the anabolic benefit we are looking for from using slin in the first place. essentially am I missing out on that glycogen being delivered quickly to the muscles by not using fast carbs?

but it appears that isn't the case.

I use fast slin and 95% of my carbs are from whole food sources (rice, potatoes, oats, fruit, etc). The only time i use liquid carbs is in Intra and thats maybe 5-10% of my total daily carbs. LOTS of people/BBers do this.
Yep that’s pretty much the norm. Fast carbs only intra workout or after if they pin the slin post workout. Seems like the preference is preworkout now though.

Yep that’s pretty much the norm. Fast carbs only intra workout or after if they pin the slin post workout. Seems like the preference is preworkout now though.
Pre and intra fast carbs with EAAs, isolate with rice post is my go to. Usually add egg whites too

10iu R pre, 10iu R post slin. Works great. I don’t use slin any other time during the day

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131