over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Small bowel resection

supermofo

Registered
Newbies
Hey men, have any of you ever suffered from a bowel obstruction that required a bowel resection surgery? I literally was dying from an obstruction of my small bowel about 5 weeks ago. I became very ill vomiting with severe abdominal pain, that after 3 days of the vomiting, pain (was in pain for 1.5 weeks before vomiting began), and being dehydrated, forced me to my first ever ER visit in my 46 years of being alive. I went from a fairly lean (abs showing) 237lbs on Friday down to 221 by Monday from all of the vomiting, dehydration, and not being able to eat or drink anything. A CT scan showed a hematoma, an abscess, and an obstruction of my small bowel. This resulted in an emergency surgery where the doctor first tried just draining the hematoma as it was pressing on my bowel to see if this freed the obstruction. It didn't work as my bowel was dead in that area which resulted in another emergency surgery 2 days later where the doc removed part of my small intestine and colon. I was unable to eat or drink for 13 days resulting in me losing 41 lbs. I'm almost 5 weeks post op and I'm not recovering as well as what the doc is used to seeing and was told that if I get worse to get to the ER and get a CT scan or if I'm not feeling good by mid October, to let him know so he can schedule another CT scan to see what's wrong.

So far I've only been able to gain 11 lbs back. My appetite is close to back to normal and I've been eating to gain weight. I have a 10lb weight restriction until I'm well so not training, just walking. I've been 230+ lbs for about the last 20 years or so. I've maintained 235+ (weighed 250+ when I was able to train heavy)on TRT for the past decade or so and in that time have went 3 years with no training due to 3 failed back surgeries, still maintained most of my size. I just lost a little mass and some conditioning and hardness. So this has me concerned...

I would appreciate any tips or recommendations that may help me in my recovery or if you'd just like to share your experience? It's all appreciated.

It's not uncommon for the entire intestine to get all out of place and possibly cause an ileus or maybe a "kink" from the surgery.
I had this issue after my surgery last October because they had to go over every inch of my large and small intestine to find where they cut it during the first robotic surgery.
My procedure was just removing a huge diverticuli on my duodenum which had to be fixed better during the second surgery as well , but for weeks after I could eat solid food again I would get the worst cramps from the bowel not having the same paristalsis in a couple spots (ileus) but eventually it all "woke" back up and everything works fine now.
I would have them do a barium swallow scan and see if they can locate the obstruction or areas causing the issue.
I dropped from 266 down to 219 was my lowest I believe but I rebound pretty fast once I could get eating solid food again.
I stayed on my TRT and was taking 4iu HGH for a month leading up to surgery and since then

It's not uncommon for the entire intestine to get all out of place and possibly cause an ileus or maybe a "kink" from the surgery.
I had this issue after my surgery last October because they had to go over every inch of my large and small intestine to find where they cut it during the first robotic surgery.
My procedure was just removing a huge diverticuli on my duodenum which had to be fixed better during the second surgery as well , but for weeks after I could eat solid food again I would get the worst cramps from the bowel not having the same paristalsis in a couple spots (ileus) but eventually it all "woke" back up and everything works fine now.
I would have them do a barium swallow scan and see if they can locate the obstruction or areas causing the issue.
I dropped from 266 down to 219 was my lowest I believe but I rebound pretty fast once I could get eating solid food again.
I stayed on my TRT and was taking 4iu HGH for a month leading up to surgery and since then
Thank you for the reply Gunsmith. I'm happy that you are now doing well! I too had an ileus post op but everything seems to be moving along fairly well. Just sometimes intense pain but still always discomfort. It's usually worse as the day progresses into the night, making it difficult to sleep. It's really uncomfortable riding in a car from the movement to my stomach.

How long before you were able to train again after your surgery?
Did you gain most of your weight back before you were able to start training again?
Do you feel the gh helped you heal?

Thank you again for sharing and trying to help.

I'm really sorry to hear you're going through all of this! Hopefully your body recovers as much as it can and you're on the right track again.

I'm really sorry to hear you're going through all of this! Hopefully your body recovers as much as it can and you're on the right track again.
Thank you Sir! I'm trying to make the best of the situation and move past it. I just really hope it doesn't take too much longer... lol

I had a small bowel obstruction last year. Had intense pain at work (I work in a hospital) and went right over into the ER. They did a barium study and saw it but thought it might resolve on its own without surgery. They kept me as an inpatient, no food or liquid, just meds to control the pain. Luckily after a day and a half it seemed to pass. After 2 more days they let me go home and it’s been ok since. They never really had a solid answer for what caused it though, as I had none of the typical pre existing things known to cause them? (Although I’ve had on again/off again GI issues the last 2 years with IBS-C and SIBO, but have a good GI doc who’s helped me work through it and I’m *mostly* back to normal now)

Did they ever say what they thought caused your obstruction?

I had a small bowel obstruction last year. Had intense pain at work (I work in a hospital) and went right over into the ER. They did a barium study and saw it but thought it might resolve on its own without surgery. They kept me as an inpatient, no food or liquid, just meds to control the pain. Luckily after a day and a half it seemed to pass. After 2 more days they let me go home and it’s been ok since. They never really had a solid answer for what caused it though, as I had none of the typical pre existing things known to cause them? (Although I’ve had on again/off again GI issues the last 2 years with IBS-C and SIBO, but have a good GI doc who’s helped me work through it and I’m *mostly* back to normal now)

Did they ever say what they thought caused your obstruction?
Punctured abdominal wall and small intestine.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws