advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Small Doses Insulin To Offset High Blood Sugar Vs. Bigger Doses For Muscle Building

natrol

Registered
There seems to be 2 schools of thought when it comes to bodybuilding and insulin usage.

One school of thought is that it should only be used in very low dosages concurrently with high doses of GH to offset the high blood sugar that GH will cause, and relieve the Pancreas of stress by bringing blood sugar back down to where it should be.

Then the other school of thought is that it should be used in moderate-high dosages (dependent on your insulin sensitivity and your carb intake) with your meals to shuttle the nutrients to the muscle "better" and induce more muscle growth.

To the guys who avidly use insulin in the off-season to grow, what do you think is the correct approach to properly utilizing insulin to maximize growth potential?

I'm a bit conflicted between the two proposed methods of its' usage.

Why not take a more moderate approach and use it for both of the proposed approaches?

I believe like with everything you should start low and not move up until you've used all options and plateaued. Then you increase. Some people can grow on small doses. Why not take advantage of it while you can is my opinion

Maybe I should rephrase my question, basically I want to know what the beliefs are from you guys on the muscle building potential of using insulin just to lower blood sugar, vs. using it alongside your meals to "shuttle the nutrients better".

E.G. a classic protocol is using humalog or humilin-r pre-workout with a peri-workout 3 shake concoction.

Do you guys find this kind of style of insulin use more beneficial muscle building wise than taking small shots of insulin with your GH to keep your blood sugar stable?

It just seems like there are 2 totally different styles of insulin use and I'm wondering if there is any merit to one vs. the other muscle building wise.

I'm not referring to using more insulin than you need on purpose, more so the practicality of one method vs. the other for building muscle. I also believe in not using more than your body needs, taking a moderate approach, etc. these are just two totally different styles of insulin use.

this thread is just begging for trouble....

:(

It's not really an either/or situation. Each situation is independent or relative.

I'd think about it more in reverse.

"How would this dude on (x) gear, (y) diet, (z) training, under (list specific) circumstances, benefit best from using insulin?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

using insulin just to lower blood sugar, vs. using it alongside your meals to "shuttle the nutrients better".

BUT... with this logic... if you don't use slin around your meals, it means you'll have to use it on a fasted (or close to) fasted state... which implies using only very low doses to not go hypo... so basically mostly in the morning not too long after you get up, anywhere from 2 to 6IU's... this just CAN'T have enough muscle building potential! Healthy maybe cause you'll indeed reduce (temporarily) a possibly high BGL, but pointless if you're looking to add size.

Good for fat loss though... :)

With gear, gh, insulin, to a point more mgs or ius equals more results. Eventually there is a point of diminishing returns. But with increase doses come increased side affects. Your question is similar to asking "what is better, TRT or a cycle?" it all depends on you.

BUT... with this logic... if you don't use slin around your meals, it means you'll have to use it on a fasted (or close to) fasted state... which implies using only very low doses to not go hypo... so basically mostly in the morning not too long after you get up, anywhere from 2 to 6IU's... this just CAN'T have enough muscle building potential! Healthy maybe cause you'll indeed reduce (temporarily) a possibly high BGL, but pointless if you're looking to add size.

Good for fat loss though... :)

Curious how you use for fat loss... If using an R insulin, first thing in the morning and then fast for a few hours I imagine?

Coach Trevor from enhanced athlete talks about this in youtube videos about small frequent shots of slin/gh throughout the day is very beneficial.

Coach Trevor from enhanced athlete talks about this in youtube videos about small frequent shots of slin/gh throughout the day is very beneficial.

It can be good with low or even no carbs but you would have to be careful. Taking it before fasted cardio with synthetine is great. There is also merit in low dosed slin throughout the day with your standard meals in regards to muscle building. I experimented for a short time with that approach and did get fuller but also tigther at the same time. I actually just posted a fairly long post on Anasci about this subject (someone asked about slin and fatloss) so will copy and paste it here as it sort of matches with this thread...

It can help with fat loss but you have to be careful. Personally I think it's a waste of time using slin alone for fat loss but that doesn't mean using insulin in general is a waste. The one method someone could try would be just one dose first thing in the morning before fasted cardio. I am talking about 3iu Humulin-r and have carbs on you just incase but that dose should be fine. I would recommend adding Synthetine to this stack as the insulin shuttles the l-carnitine into the muscle cells and this will be amazing for fat burning. You could do the same before weight training too and believe me it does make a difference.

Personally I wouldn't recommend frequent insulin at high doses through the day for most on here. It's simply not needed. Fact is insulin will likely make many fatter as they eat too much on it (use it with a typical bulking diet). Slin will lower the utilization of fat for energy over time (unless used with Synthetine). It also inhibits lipase which breaks down fat tissue so slows fat burning when used frequently. I am not saying someone very lean could use slin like CG has and get some good weight from it as I have done it myself and many others over the years. The added fullness alone if you stay around the same bodyfat will be an illusion in itself.

Now if someone was on an effective aas cycle and following a good diet you could use slin to blow up but get lean at the same time. It's a great tool for this but I would recommend using it at specific times... basically around training and with carbs and other aids such as glutamine, creatine, l-carnitine etc. Insulin increases glucose transportation both in fat and muscle cells. Therefore many need to be careful when adding it in at random times unless they are very lean and well pretty much have a furnace for a metabolism from effective training and dieting over time (and of course genetics).

So use it when active and lifting weights with lot's of muscle building ingredients (oral aas, aminos, carbs, creatine etc) and drive all of those nutrients into the working muscles. Then for the rest of the day follow a relatively low carb diet to keep insulin levels low and of course increase insulin sensitivity for your next shot. I think this is the best general approach for growing and getting lean using insulin but there are 101 other ways that could work. Just don't think your average 230 pound 13% bf guy on here will blow up with lean tissue if using 100iu slin pre day with high carbs as it's not going to happen for most.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131