over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Smith machine rows

I love Smith Machine Rows...banded is great, and as Heavy shared, awesome contraction. However, that won't solve your hook issue. For me...I train at a lot of different gyms, because of business travel and it seems each guy has their a different one to deal with.

For me, sometimes is is a matter of hand/wrist rotation. When setting up your wraps, you might have to roll your hand forward so when you go to unlock the hooks are vertical and your hands/wrists should roll back when you unhook into their natural position for rowing.

Just work at it and you'll get the hang of it. I use the Smith a lot...there is so much you can do with it...with bands, doing back/chest/shoulders can create muscle stimulus that you've never had before.

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Freeweight rows let you move more weight, but in MountainDog training we never use freeweight barbell rows, only smith machine rows. When you get the hang of them properly they offer a completely different feel/contraction than you can get with a bar.

As a rule, I never do smith machine rowing...but after this endorsement, I may look into incorporating it.
My bread and butter is the db row, t-bars, and bb row. I do really like doing a modified version of the Meadows row(with no handle).

I was watching a video a while back was phil heath doing bent over rows he does reverse grip he said since he started doing reverse grip he has gotten more development in his lower lat insertions. I have been doing them for probably the last 6 months and def have noticed a big difference.....But after watching these videos I may incorporate more John meadows smith machine and more Dorian's little narrower grip bringing bar more to waist. I thank God have a very good back but I strive to make it bigger and better bc you step on that stage and hit a rear lat spread or rear double biceps and you have a awesome back it is game over.:headbang:

Ive always done them more like Yates, brining the bar to the thigh. I switch the grip around..regular and reverse. I used to do these on the smith machine in my old gym years ago but the smith machine we have at my current gym its a little tricky but can be done. I think I am going to add these into my training as well.

Banded smith machine rows is one of my favorite back excercises. the contraction is nuts

Hey bro do you know of any youtube vids showing this that you can post up real quick or inbox me? I just want to make sure I am on the same page as what you are talking about and how to set it all up. Looking for some new ways to hit the back so figured I would start here.

I couldn't find any vid's. But here's what I do. Put one end of the band over the end of the bar where the plates slide on. Loop the other end down around the bottom of the smith machine(or down to a heavy dumbell if there's nowhere to loop it on your smith) and back up to the bar. You may have to stand on a small box so that there's enough tension on the bar( i use on of those reebok steps old ladies use for step class). It's an awesome exercise. Constant tension during the rep and a huge peak contraction at the top if you stop and hold.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131