over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Smoking and lung cancer

PHIL HERNON

Banned
Does anyone feel that nicotine plays an important role in the growth of the cancer? I just read an article that nicotine undermines chemotherapy treatments because it protects the cancer cells. Could it also possibly protect unrepaired cells from being destroyed, which happens in otherwise healthy individuals?

I know that smoking has a lot of positive points but just like steroids, it only gets bad publicity.

Hey Wolf, name one good use for Smoking. Obviously you must think smoking and bodybuilding go hand in hand!!!

Can you point me in the direction of this article? My grandmother (my wifes) was just diagnosed with lung cancer. She is really devastated. Her nerves are so shot, that she's been smoking more since she found out. I'd love for her to get some zyban and xanax and quit the smokes. We know she's gonna have to start chemo soon and it would be crazy for her to go through all of the side effects of chemo if the nicotine is gonna lessen its positive effects.
After 60 yrs of smoking though, not sure she is gonna quit. Pretty strong addiction. Glad I gave it up after 6 years!

Here

tbonus said:
Can you point me in the direction of this article? My grandmother (my wifes) was just diagnosed with lung cancer. She is really devastated. Her nerves are so shot, that she's been smoking more since she found out. I'd love for her to get some zyban and xanax and quit the smokes. We know she's gonna have to start chemo soon and it would be crazy for her to go through all of the side effects of chemo if the nicotine is gonna lessen its positive effects.
After 60 yrs of smoking though, not sure she is gonna quit. Pretty strong addiction. Glad I gave it up after 6 years!

**broken link removed**

I received this from my mother about my ex brother in law whom I was closer to then anyone. He was a smoker as I am and here it is. He turned 61 Jan 9th.

PT, Debbie called a few minutes ago and said that Jim Rickard died this morning. She said he hadn't been feeling good for about 3 weeks and he was suppose to have a body scan because the dr. couldn't find out what was wrong with him, but he didn't keep that appt. Anyhow they found out that he had emphysema and lung cancer. She said it was pretty fast. Anyhow I knew you would want tt know. Debbie asked if I would call Jackie tomorrow, I guess she's taking it pretty hard and Deb thought it would help to hear from me.

Now I have a funeral to attend in Las Vegas this coming Thurs.

Hello???? It's not the tobacco. Compare stats from Europe and the Orient and you will find nowhere near the same numbers of heart disease related to smoking that you will find here in the U.S.
It's all the toxins that American ciggarettes contain that kill. It's all the shit put in it besides the tobacco.

Could be from the arsenic and fluoride that is in the tobacco that caues the cancer, since both are carcegenic(or however its spelled lol...)

PHIL HERNON said:
IS THIS ANOTHER APRILS FOOLS JOKE?

Lol! Im trying to quit but aint having no luck. I will defently kick the habbit once Ive sorted my presonal life out which I have mentioned on the counselling forum.

tdrose said:
Hey Wolf, name one good use for Smoking. Obviously you must think smoking and bodybuilding go hand in hand!!!

smoking is great when dieting!! :D

The Wolf said:
Lol! Im trying to quit but aint having no luck. I will defently kick the habbit once Ive sorted my presonal life out which I have mentioned on the counselling forum.

Hang in there. It took me many times of trying before I was able to put them down for good. Each time you'll get smarter on how to succeed and beat it for good.

I just mae up my mind to quit. Got some wellbutrin, took one tab a day for a week, then quit the smokes on day 7 and went to 2 tabs a day for the month. Never went back. That was over 8 yrs ago. Then after gaining about 20 lbs in a year, I joined a gym.
Just have to break the habit and create new positive ones.

Good article Phil. (as MG spits out his 2 mg Nicorette)

I have searched a bit on nicotene and toxic effects or sides and can't find much info other than tobacco studies.
I am interested to see if there are any toxic effects from using pure nicotine since I dose about 4 mg a day in nicorettes, as it looks like it does have SOME effect on cancer cells.

yes it does have benefits....

The Wolf said:
I know that smoking has a lot of positive points but just like steroids, it only gets bad publicity.

look and the money health insurance makes off of smokers, look how much money the gov't makes off of people who buy tobacco products. How bout all the money being made to make nicotine patches and drugs to help people stop smoking.

Not only does this drug people use have high rate of contracting cancer but also... one can kill others with by smoking and exhaling it into public areas so we can breath it in too. You wanna smoke and possibly get cancer thats ur deal, but keep it out of my breathing areas!

gooey said:
You wanna smoke and possibly get cancer thats ur deal, but keep it out of my breathing areas!
AMEN!

God Damn, its smoke. Who the fuck wants to breathe smoke? Shit, the exhaust pipe is just in the driveway and its free. You are trading your families for your own little high. Got kids or grandkids yet? Want to see them or miss ten yrs with them? Besides that, fuck the government out of the bullshit dumbass tax on you guys. I got a puss set of lungs and I can tell ya when you can't breathe, you appreciate clean fucking air.

How about the fact that it raises the bad cholesterol dries your tendens
out and and makes you look like an old man real quick. My Dad died at
47 years old from a tumor in his wind pipe. He suffered the most agonizing
death. After seeing this, It will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws