over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Snap Fitness - Gym or Library?

Some areas don't have hardcore gyms believe it or not. I live in San Diego County and believe it or not there are only about five gyms (that I have found) that I would actually want to work out at. There are 3 million people here and only 5 "hardcore" gyms.We have about 75 other crappy gyms though! Closest good one is 15 minutes away, the others are 35+ minutes away. Ive seen some people that have to drive an hour to go to a good gym on this board and alot of people aren't willing to do that. If you factor in gas my gym membership is expensive as hell lol. Maybe I should get a hybrid.

Yea, nearest decent gym to me is about 30 miles and its a bastard drive through a busy city. I just train at home alone these days, ive got a bench, squat cage and a few hundred kg of iron, what more do you need. Also i can watch telly while i do my cardio on the pedlar :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yea, nearest decent gym to me is about 30 miles and its a bastard drive through a busy city. I just train at home alone these days, ive got a bench, squat cage and a few hundred kg of iron, what more do you need. Also i can watch telly while i do my cardio on the pedlar :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I'm planning on building my own little home gym but Im dealing with the city I live in for a permit, a bunch of hoops. I guess I could just do make it in the garage but I wanted my own gym/workshop in the back yard. Few hammer strength, power rack, benches, plates and I'm good. I already have the db's :headbang:

The bottom line is $$$ always will be.
I was at a smaller gym for a few years mostly because it was dirt cheap. This gym was probably 80% cardio and machine crowd and 20% free weight. Even though the gym itself was just as much free weight as machine and cardio stuff. When I started they only had 100's so the 10-15 guys who could actually use heavier DB's got together all and wrote and asked the manager and the owner to buy some heavier bells. For months we got the run around. There was reluctance on the owners part because he didn't want the bodybuilder type. Its his place so fine. Eventually we got DB's up to 130's. When I personally asked for 140's and 150's I was flat out told it will never happen.
I left soon after. Not because of the DB's but just the environment was not great. So I left paid 3x as much but had a better training environment with better equipment.

Best thing that every happened though was when an exercise equipment store went out of business then I laid out maybe $500 but got $3000 worth of stuff and but it in my basement. Seriously they were just taking offers the final day and they still had a power rack marked at $599 I got for 100. I got a 300lb Oly set for $50. Bought 4 extra 45's for another $50. Its easy to see why your own place is always best.

Sadly I moved and sold all my stuff and now I'm back in a commercial setting. Bottom line remains when its someone else's place you must play by their rules.

Money talks. When you support gyms like these you're inadvertently pushing "hardcore" gyms out of your area. I understand if you don't have any other options, but when you do it's like placing a vote.

Some areas don't have hardcore gyms believe it or not. I live in San Diego County and believe it or not there are only about five gyms (that I have found) that I would actually want to work out at. There are 3 million people here and only 5 "hardcore" gyms.We have about 75 other crappy gyms though! Closest good one is 15 minutes away, the others are 35+ minutes away. Ive seen some people that have to drive an hour to go to a good gym on this board and alot of people aren't willing to do that. If you factor in gas my gym membership is expensive as hell lol. Maybe I should get a hybrid.

Ive got that exact problem. There is a hardcore gym about 30 minutes away but I am a poor college student with skinny friends and no vehicle so its a no go.

Okay, so I stop by my old gym to see how things are. It turns out they are owned by someone else now and all of the killer Hammer strength equip is gone, but the equp they replaced it with looked decent. They remodeled the place and it looks nice, but it has a very different feel to it. More like the Snap Fitness I'm at now. Lots of cardio shit and quiet....

The front desk gal gave me a brief tour of the free weight area... Db's go up to 150lbs, so that was good to see, but the place was pretty empty for right after 5pm and I didn't notice anyone training very hard...

To make a long story short, I mentioned that I was a little frustrated with my current gym because I was not allowed to make any noise setting the weights down.

Well, turns out they have a clause in their membership that says weights need to be put down "quietly" and "grunting" is discouraged...

I smiled as I left and said I'd think about it.... not. :banghead:

Maybe I need to search out some venture capital and start my own damn hardcore gym???

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131