over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Snap Fitness

jrs

Registered
I've recently started working at this chain. Two different locations that have the same equipment. Many machines, dumbbells up to only 100 pounds, smith machines, and a 5 foot barbell (short).

For shoulder and chest exercises I need over 120lb dumbbells even for sets of 12. So that means I have to use the smith machine for chest and shoulders.

I also have to use the smith machine for legs. After the first workout, my lower back and knees kill me. I'm going to experiment with different form to see what will work but this is the equipment I have to deal with.

Does anybody know how much weight a 5 foot barbell can usually hold compared to a 7 foot bar of the same brand? I plan on doing deadlifts with that thing..

Does anybody else work out at this chain?

on smith squats you can take some pressure off the knees and back if you put your feet a bit in front of the bar. you will feel like you are falling backwards, but the bar keeps you in line. perform the squat as if you are on a hack squat machine (keeping torso in a vertical line).

you might also want to look into bulgarian split squats. it is a lunge in which you elevate the rear foot. you hold a dumbell in each hand. if done right, you don't need crazy weight.

I've recently started working at this chain. Two different locations that have the same equipment. Many machines, dumbbells up to only 100 pounds, smith machines, and a 5 foot barbell (short).

For shoulder and chest exercises I need over 120lb dumbbells even for sets of 12. So that means I have to use the smith machine for chest and shoulders.

I also have to use the smith machine for legs. After the first workout, my lower back and knees kill me. I'm going to experiment with different form to see what will work but this is the equipment I have to deal with.

Does anybody know how much weight a 5 foot barbell can usually hold compared to a 7 foot bar of the same brand? I plan on doing deadlifts with that thing..

Does anybody else work out at this chain?

Yep, its not their fault. I've a friend in the business that owns one. Its all franchise/independently owned and it is for insurance reasons they cant have that stuff. They cant even have an incline bench, its a bummer.

They have both a flat and incline bench similar to hammer strength but some off brand. Looks ok.

I'm more concerned about that 5 foot bar shattering and sending fragments into my face. Perhaps that's unreasonable?

I have the same problem at a small gym by my house. I go there on the weekends, when i don't want to drive down to my normal gym. I usually have to plan certain workouts there, since it is limited

Because of that exact situation, I always ask for a free week to work out before I join...if not, I walk the floor to make sure they have everything I need.

i didn't sign up for a membership. i actually work there doing sales and i've found that working out on the clock has many benefits. free, no contract, i'm getting paid to do it, leaves time for other things when i'm not at work as i have a very hectic schedule, etc

i'm just having a hard time having to use a 5 ft barbell and a smith machine. if anybody has -any- ideas, please let me know. basically i've been doing zercher squats, stiff legged deadlifts, and lunges

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131