lynx

IFBB PRO/ NPC Judge / TRIPLE Featured Member/Verif
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Well, I was involved in this "outing" last Sunday. We had the option on going snowshoeing or skiing. Well, I thought snowshoeing because the last time I went skiing I twisted both knees and pulled a hip-flexor due to the fact that we went off a non-trail on my 3rd trip ever. That is a different story. Anyways one of my friends was going on the snowboarding trip and persuaded me to go. I though I have wanted to try it, what the heck. Not to mention he had all the gear for me (his kids are my size).

We get there and I said I should probably do a couple of runs on the bunny hill. The group I was with said that it was not steep enough for snowboarding and just to go up with them and they'd help me. Ok...well, I fell coming off the ski lift and proceeded to fall every 1-2 feet for about 10 feet. I finally get a little more comfortable and the span between my falls increased. Eventually I was falling every 10 feet, 15 feet, 20 feet, etc.

There was another first-timer with us and we went part way down the hill and waited for him. No show...hmmm...interesting. The guys I was with went down and jumped on the ski lift to get behind him. I said I'd wait in case he came down. I waited and waited and decided to go a little bit further down the hill. I did most of my "boarding" facing downhill riding the heal edge. I got going a little too fast for comfort and low and behold I caught the toe edge and turned a pretty bad fart-knocker. Next thing I knew I was looking up at the sky. What the hell? I was going down face first how did I end up on my back? Whatever, I sat up and looked around. Thank God! Nobody saw me! I laid back down for a second to compose myself. Then I sat up and dusted myself off and waited. They couldn't find him. So we proceed.

I fell quite a bit on my bum and knees. Getting up was another challenge all on it's own. I went down lots of blue squares which are intermediate and at this place are quite steep. I did manage to find some green circles (easy) but always ran out of steam and had to walk. On one of the blue square runs I fell once more that was pretty hard but didn't manage to be by myself. My friend saw it and as I'm flying through the air getting ready to to a beautiful face plant in the snow I see my friend eyes. They were very wide, just like his grin. :mad: I land and as the dust settles he asks tentatively, "Are you ok?" "Yeah, yeah, I think so." I turn away from him to get up and I'm thinking, "Muther-fer! That HURT! Slow and easy from now on. How in the HELL did I think this would be fun?!?"

I decided it would be a good idea to go to the gym Monday after my interviews. I was so freaking sore most places I thought, "Well, I could do shoulders and chest and maybe some light biceps. I'll just go very light and throw in some machines. Yeah, that's a good plan." I did a shoulder lateral raise machine, not bad. Then I moved on to dumbbell military press, uh my neck is hurting. I'll just go light. There is still some pain. I move on to hammer strength incline presses, ok, now let's try some dumbbell flys. The whole time I'm moving through the gym at a sloth pace due to the fact that I'm so freaking sore and stiff. I grab some tiny dumbbells and sit down very slowly. I attempted to lie back, ouch, my butt hurts. Ok again, uh, it REALLY hurts. Third time, I get down and it was so painful, not only did my butt hurt but so did my neck trying to support this huge head that obviously has $h!t in it! I do my set and lay there thinking, now what dumb@$$? I could drop the weights and roll off the bench...NO way I was going to look like that big of a wiener! I heist myself up and it was not pretty or pleasant. Skew that! No I did not quit, why that would be the SMART thing to do. No, I decided I'll just do the pec deck. I then try to do a bicep machine and as I lift it up to a starting position my forearms proceed to tell me f-u. Ok...I'll just do hammer curls. I used 10lbs dumbbells. :rolleyes: I finally gave up and went home.

I woke up Tuesday morning and couldn't lift myself out of bed. My neck said to me, "Oh yeah smarty pants, let's see how you do today with out me! On second though, let's try the whole week!" Yeah, I creeped around the whole week turning my body to talk to people and due to that attractive feature I had to explain what I did.

Now I can say I've tried snowboarding and check that off my list.

Note to self: Listen to your body knot-head! :mad:

Sounds like it went as well as my first (and only) time snow skiing. I beat the shit out of myself and ended up throwing a temper tantrum that resembled Happy Gilmore.

At least are you ok by now? :eek:

The saddest part is you had no one to give you a big hug afterwards to ease your pain. :eek: :( Where the hell is JT when you need him? :mad: :D ;)

Snow boarding is harder than skiing.

I've done both.

I ski around 30-40 full days a year, so I am pretty experienced and don't feel the pain anymore and don't really fall on the double diamonds.

But that is how snowboarding is ever three feet they fall - the the ski lift is hard for them as well. But once you are able to go down the hill without falling it's really fun - but it takes a lot of days of hell.

Just a rank here:
It depends where you go but I hate those snow boarders that ride the side of their boards (so the their board is perpendicular to the angle of the hill) the whole way down the hill cause they suck and should be on the bunny slope and pile up all the snow so it hard as hell to ski. I've gone up to a few of them before and told them maybe they should stay on an easier hill because some of us come to these black diamonds because of the higher quality of snow (less traffic and people not knowing how to ski) they are ruining. Anyone feel my pain here?

Well, I was involved in this "outing" last Sunday. We had the option on going snowshoeing or skiing. Well, I thought snowshoeing because the last time I went skiing I twisted both knees and pulled a hip-flexor due to the fact that we went off a non-trail on my 3rd trip ever. That is a different story. Anyways one of my friends was going on the snowboarding trip and persuaded me to go. I though I have wanted to try it, what the heck. Not to mention he had all the gear for me (his kids are my size).

We get there and I said I should probably do a couple of runs on the bunny hill. The group I was with said that it was not steep enough for snowboarding and just to go up with them and they'd help me. Ok...well, I fell coming off the ski lift and proceeded to fall every 1-2 feet for about 10 feet. I finally get a little more comfortable and the span between my falls increased. Eventually I was falling every 10 feet, 15 feet, 20 feet, etc.

There was another first-timer with us and we went part way down the hill and waited for him. No show...hmmm...interesting. The guys I was with went down and jumped on the ski lift to get behind him. I said I'd wait in case he came down. I waited and waited and decided to go a little bit further down the hill. I did most of my "boarding" facing downhill riding the heal edge. I got going a little too fast for comfort and low and behold I caught the toe edge and turned a pretty bad fart-knocker. Next thing I knew I was looking up at the sky. What the hell? I was going down face first how did I end up on my back? Whatever, I sat up and looked around. Thank God! Nobody saw me! I laid back down for a second to compose myself. Then I sat up and dusted myself off and waited. They couldn't find him. So we proceed.

I fell quite a bit on my bum and knees. Getting up was another challenge all on it's own. I went down lots of blue squares which are intermediate and at this place are quite steep. I did manage to find some green circles (easy) but always ran out of steam and had to walk. On one of the blue square runs I fell once more that was pretty hard but didn't manage to be by myself. My friend saw it and as I'm flying through the air getting ready to to a beautiful face plant in the snow I see my friend eyes. They were very wide, just like his grin. :mad: I land and as the dust settles he asks tentatively, "Are you ok?" "Yeah, yeah, I think so." I turn away from him to get up and I'm thinking, "Muther-fer! That HURT! Slow and easy from now on. How in the HELL did I think this would be fun?!?"

I decided it would be a good idea to go to the gym Monday after my interviews. I was so freaking sore most places I thought, "Well, I could do shoulders and chest and maybe some light biceps. I'll just go very light and throw in some machines. Yeah, that's a good plan." I did a shoulder lateral raise machine, not bad. Then I moved on to dumbbell military press, uh my neck is hurting. I'll just go light. There is still some pain. I move on to hammer strength incline presses, ok, now let's try some dumbbell flys. The whole time I'm moving through the gym at a sloth pace due to the fact that I'm so freaking sore and stiff. I grab some tiny dumbbells and sit down very slowly. I attempted to lie back, ouch, my butt hurts. Ok again, uh, it REALLY hurts. Third time, I get down and it was so painful, not only did my butt hurt but so did my neck trying to support this huge head that obviously has $h!t in it! I do my set and lay there thinking, now what dumb@$$? I could drop the weights and roll off the bench...NO way I was going to look like that big of a wiener! I heist myself up and it was not pretty or pleasant. Skew that! No I did not quit, why that would be the SMART thing to do. No, I decided I'll just do the pec deck. I then try to do a bicep machine and as I lift it up to a starting position my forearms proceed to tell me f-u. Ok...I'll just do hammer curls. I used 10lbs dumbbells. :rolleyes: I finally gave up and went home.

I woke up Tuesday morning and couldn't lift myself out of bed. My neck said to me, "Oh yeah smarty pants, let's see how you do today with out me! On second though, let's try the whole week!" Yeah, I creeped around the whole week turning my body to talk to people and due to that attractive feature I had to explain what I did.

Now I can say I've tried snowboarding and check that off my list.

Note to self: Listen to your body knot-head! :mad:

After hearing that story I think I will mark it from my last as well.:)

Lynx

I wanted to try that one day, when I go back to Lake Tahoe (my favorite place) but I think I will now stick to snowmobile riding:)

I'm glad you're ok.

I used to actually be a damn good snowboarder, I competed in slope style and boarder cross events. Then I got into weights, and just didn't go snowboarding much for about 2 years. Well, I go back 2 years later with some friends 80 lbs more mass. The first jump I hit told me really fast that I had become more of a gym rat than a snowboarder because it seemed like all of my skill completely went out the frikken' window. And I didnt get up so fast anymore, hahah

Dude! I know what you talking about. I went snowboarding a few years ago for the first time.
It sucked! You either fall on your wrist or your ass!
I will stick to skiing.

Too bad you didn't start when you were a little 13 year old shit, those kids remind me of gumby. I'm glad I did... now when I take people who have never been, I wait for the right moment, when they're expecting me to teach them all about snowboarding, and say "I'll meet you in the lodge at 1" as I skate away, pretending not to hear them as they yell and wave their arms trying to get me to play snowboard instructor for 4 hours on the bunny slope. haha

At least are you ok by now? :eek:

The saddest part is you had no one to give you a big hug afterwards to ease your pain. :eek: :( Where the hell is JT when you need him? :mad: :D ;)

No kidding, a hug and a nice butt massage. :D

Alfresco how were you able to hold on after snowboarding? My forearms were so sore the next day.

Just a rank here:
It depends where you go but I hate those snow boarders that ride the side of their boards (so the their board is perpendicular to the angle of the hill) the whole way down the hill cause they suck and should be on the bunny slope and pile up all the snow so it hard as hell to ski. I've gone up to a few of them before and told them maybe they should stay on an easier hill because some of us come to these black diamonds because of the higher quality of snow (less traffic and people not knowing how to ski) they are ruining. Anyone feel my pain here?

Lol! That was me! I was riding perpendicular to the hill! I did suck, bad.

I been skiiin and snowboarding now for about 15 years now or more. I still remember my first time trying it. I hated it....didnt have fun at all...hated how you always had to strap in and out of the binding all the time...I didnt have step in ones then...Plus I spent most of the time on my ass that day....I didnt think I would ever do it again....But after about 5 times going it started to become really fun and now I can see going a winter without snowboarding atleast a few times. Plus I live so close to one of the best ski resorts around so its very popular around here and I take advantage of that. Its def not for everyone that forsure. And only a had fun of ppl are decent at it the first few times they go....most dont even enjoy it intill 10+ times.

Even after doing it as long as I have been I still get wore in spots that only snowboarding can bring about. `

This year our half pipe is alot bigger then it has been in the past and I get a kick out of seeing ppl who have no clue what they are doing try to take this half pipe on. We are getting shit on right now as I type this with snow so after dinner today I'm going to hit up the slops for alittle night time snowboarding with some friends....should be a good time sinces its going to snow all night.

Anyone from the board ever go to Seven Springs in Pa? Be cool to hook up with some ppl from the board and rip it up.

Just a rank here:

I cant tell you how many times I have seen ppl who dont know what the hell they are doing take out other skiers and snowboarders. And I'm not talking about just making them bit it....I'm talking about completely taken them out and hurting them. Its a shame...but its not just the snow boards....its ppl on skis as well. This is why I hardly ever go during the day or on a fri or sat. because its just to packed with ppl who are doing it for the first time or just learning.

These are the same ppl that my friends and I watch on the half pipe.....we will do our run then sit at the bottom and watch ppl eat snow intill they realize that this is NOT the x-games and they are NOT Shawn White lol

I didn't want her to go at all.

I am so afraid of her getting injured, a torn knee etc.

I mentioned it once and then asked her to please, please, be careful. As usual I don't know anything until I get a call that she can't turn her head to the left and a story about how her ass hurts! ;) :D She ended up being better than some guy who said he'd gone up all winter long! [ Some other newbie to the slopes]

Everybody does horrible their first time going you cant expect to be as good as others that have been doing it for awhile but after a few times going you will learn how to maneuver better and like it alot more but dont give up on it you have already taken the biggest and hardest step its only up hill so to speak from here

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws