over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

so gf says "no" to competitive bodybuilding

Bigtiny8859

Registered
after yo-yoing w my physique over the last few years i decided the only thing that would 100% motivate me(mainnly w diet w i struggle to be consistent on) would be to step on stage, i thought id pick a show about a year out and plan accordingly. so i mention this to my gf and she basically says no and if you do it we'll have "problems". she says no because she is extremely controlling and insecure and doesnt like me bodybuilding cuz of the attention from women and supplement use. what do you guys think? im sure this has happened to other people out there...

Bro, I dont know you well....but I am willing to guess that training is very important to you. And if she isnt going to be supportive then its only going to get worse. I would really have a long talk with her and explain how much this means to you. How hard you work for it, and how much it would mean to you to have her support. If she can not handle it....then problem she is going to have is getting out of the way fast enough so that the door doesnt smack her in the ass!

Dont take this the wrong way bro, but I cant for the life of me understand why a male or a female would want to be with someone who is controlling ?? Maybe you have a great reason I dont know? And its not really any of my business but I know I could NEVER put up with that at all.

Ya she should be supporting you not telling you what to do
You need to think about telling her to shove off

Being in a loving, caring relationship, is about helping one another achieve your dreams, and to do better in life. It is also about trusting the one you love, and being able to believe in them.

Competing in a BBing show has nothing to do with you cheating on her and is likely to make you a better person. Her discouraging you from it is holding you back and is a sign of her lack of trust because she is an insecure person.

Her insecurity is her problem, not yours. Tell her she needs to get over it and if she can't she needs to get help. If she won't do one of those, then you should be asking yourself whether you want to be with someone who holds you back?

I have been in your shoes before.

I am very happy that I left that situation.

i was already asking myself all these questions. she says she already "lets" me do other things, like take anabolics, and idk what else i do thats so bad but im not going to take a boat load of stuff just be a hell of alot more consistent w training and diet, and lifting/bbing is my biggest passion in my life. she just doesnt understand cuz her only passion in life is me lol:banghead:

just gonna sit her down and say look im not doing anything wrong and u should be supportive as opposed to being negative. sad thing is this is her attitude to most things in my life, working out, friends, activities etc

her exact response was "how would u feel if i started stripping?" lol

I completely understand a wife not wanting illegal steroids in her house ... but if this is over you being more attractive to the opposite sex you need to set boundaries on how much this woman gets to say over your life.

Look over this site bro.
**broken link removed**

I completely understand a wife not wanting illegal steroids in her house ... but if this is over you being more attractive to the opposite sex you need to set boundaries on how much this woman gets to say over your life.

Look over this site bro.
**broken link removed**

weve come to an understanding about anabolics, i told her no tren, no crazy doses shit like that. but i started test prop and var today and shes cool w it as long as i keep her informed of what i take and give her info on it, she says shes concerned for my health and legal issues which i understand, but competition doesnt mean im going to take more necessarily. i just want a goal other then the usual "i wanna get ripped for summer".

How long have you two been together for?

are you sure the real reason she doesnt want you to do a show is because of your percieved increased attractiveness from the other gender. some girls just dont like how freaky and vainy someone looks when they are close to stepping on stage. i think you want to find a balance between making her happy and making you happy. she already lets you take anabolics. i guess i am thinking differently than the other guys, but does she make you happy in other areas of life? im sure she sacrifices in some areas for you as well

convo shoulda went-
you- "im doing a BBing show next year"...
gf- "no"
you- "that wasnt a fucking question"

lol

when i first married my wife i let her know that i use steroids. i wasn't asking permission. this is my life. you want in or out? of course she had her usual concerns about steroids and your health. i tried to explain to her that steroids cant make an already unusually small penis any smaller and ... kidding i'm 9" like everyone else on here as well ... but in all seriousness after a while she realized they weren't what the media had told her ... my blood work always checks out fine.

convo shoulda went-
you- "im doing a BBing show next year"...
gf- "no"
you- "that wasnt a fucking question"

lol

thats pretty much how it went. she wants me more then i want her so if she doesnt like something i have my heart set on she can kick rocks. ive given up friends and smoking for her and been more faithful then i have been w any other girl

weve been together for 1.5 years, and are very close. shes given up alot for me and made sacrifices and puts me before ANYONE even her family. this is why she asks for the things she does cuz she puts me before anyone/anything and wants me to do the same

and ya she doesnt want me being more attractive to women, she admits it. when im big and toned i get alot of looks from women and she is extremely jealous even of other girls LOOKING. she gets upset when i look at myself in the mirror and flex, i try and tell her its a bodybuilding thing, its funny cuz usually when i look in the mirror its more criticism then "dam i look good"....

her exact response was "how would u feel if i started stripping?" lol

Sorry bro but this relationship is going to get really bad. She is jealous and insecure and it will NEVER get better. You need to run, fast. This is the type of girl that (eventually if she hasn't already) will stop you from going out with your friends or doing anything that doesn't involve her.

You only are on this planet for a brief flash, why would you want ANYONE but yourself deciding what you can and can't do?

No offense to you or or girl but it really doesn't seem like you two should be together...just go read the first sentence in your last post man..not good.

I do understand it's very tough if your gf doesnt compete..because my girl and I both do and it's still tough sometimes when dieting and all that..but she supports everything I do and just started some anavar herself lol so were all good there..I'm really thankful everyday for it..not just that she uses herself haha but that were so compatible when it comes to training,competing, etc.

I'd imagine you'd be happier being in a situation like that bro...not worth sacrificing what you want to do and what makes you happy because someone tells you you can't do it.

Sorry bro but this relationship is going to get really bad. She is jealous and insecure and it will NEVER get better. You need to run, fast. This is the type of girl that (eventually if she hasn't already) will stop you from going out with your friends or doing anything that doesn't involve her.

You only are on this planet for a brief flash, why would you want ANYONE but yourself deciding what you can and can't do?

ya i cant do shit w/o her. had to convince her to let me go watch football and have a couple beers w a buddy i havent seen in 8 months. shes just really needy and im not as much which is why i said "she wants me more then i want her" idk ill see how it goes were gonna talk tomorrow....dun dun DUN

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws