over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

so gf says "no" to competitive bodybuilding

BigTiny- ultimately you should make a decision based on what is best for YOU. What decision will make you happiest in the end? Which decision allows you to be the REAL YOU?

Personally I have made too many decisions based on what was right for other people, instead of what was really right for me. In the end, if you are not happy with yourself no one else will be either.

BigTiny- ultimately you should make a decision based on what is best for YOU. What decision will make you happiest in the end? Which decision allows you to be the REAL YOU?

Personally I have made too many decisions based on what was right for other people, instead of what was really right for me. In the end, if you are not happy with yourself no one else will be either.

im pretty happy w the decisions ive made havent really regretted any. i listen to the people closest to me and in the end i make my own decisions, sometimes i listen to my family/gf and sometimes i dont. but as i get older i usually make the right ones i dont make quick rash decisions. i talked this over w my significant other and everything seems to be working out well. so far my "contest prep" is going well :) but i am in a hole as i took 6 months off so i have my work cut out for me!

If you've only been together 1.5 years, it will get worse, sounds like line-in-the-sand time. When I first competed in 1990, my gf (now wife of 20+ years) absolutely loved it when I transformed and got ripped up and got on stage. She wasnt wild about the irritability and the anti-social aspect of it all, due to having to follow strict diet, but was pretty supportive. At the time, she was smokin hot, so any attention I got from other girls didnt matter, because she got hit-on all the time herself.
I went clean and didnt compete again until 2009. She was mildly supportive, but not crazy about it. I did it again in 2011, but she absolutely despised it, and didnt even go to the show (state show). She's not in the shape she used to be in, thus part of the reason for her lack of support. I also have a 15 year old daughter that hates it too. She said all the boys at her school are scared of me, so theyre reluctant to ask her out, etc. Precisely what my intentions were when she was born .. .stay jacked and swole throughout her teenage years :D
Bottom line, relatively speaking, you dont have as much invested in that relationship as some, and would be easier to walk away from it. In my case, I'm starting to see their viewpoint, that the sport of BBing is kind of silly, from the standpoint of a common person, and a reasonableness perspective, esp considering the dangers of gear use, and the self centered aspect of it all. At the same time, watching yourself transform, and the desire to be better than the next guy is addictive.

Maybe this will help, maybe it won't.

All I ever really wanted to do was lift big weight. When I was a teenager, I was told school had to come first. So I put aside lifting, studied my ass off, made it into a top private school, full scholarship. Holy balls, then the work started - I never had any clue I'd have to work that hard to keep up.

I got off to a bad start, but then came back, and pulled 4.0 semesters. I was told that I should work on my PhD. So, I got into a top grad school, full research assistant, and worked on my PhD. Holy balls - the work. I didn't have time for anything but studying.

Went through a bunch of personal shit, ended up out of the PhD program with a complementary masters, and finally started lifting again. I really had purpose. I was thinking about competing in a BB show.

I was about 30. Everybody told me I had to get my professional life on track. So, I did. I started my own software development business. No time to train, and diet went to hell.

Fast forward to 3 months shy of age 45. I was morbidly obese, hated everything about myself. I remember my wife and I were enteraining clients in our penthouse suite in the Ritz in Chicago, and we went out to a musical, and afterwards, I told her, "I want out."

For my 45th birthday, I started to try to train again. Had a lot of pain, and found out I had a disease which was going to leave me immobile by about the age of 60, if not dead.

I'm 51. If there's one thing I regret deeply in my life, it's that decision to stop pursuing that first bodybuilding show at about age 30, and to hop into the professional rat race with both feet and give up training.

Good luck with your decisions.

im pretty happy w the decisions ive made havent really regretted any. i listen to the people closest to me and in the end i make my own decisions, sometimes i listen to my family/gf and sometimes i dont. but as i get older i usually make the right ones i dont make quick rash decisions. i talked this over w my significant other and everything seems to be working out well. so far my "contest prep" is going well :) but i am in a hole as i took 6 months off so i have my work cut out for me!

Glad to hear things have improved. Just keep your guard up a little.

Glad to hear things have improved. Just keep your guard up a little.

ya i am, we havent really argued about anything but this in a while, so im not gonna dump her cuz of this, and shes gotten better. she was way worse before, idk its kind of give and take she has good points and bad, im just doin me right now and i told her just yesterday if u continue to be a negative influence in my life you wont be in it. sometimes a little arguement is good we get it out of the way and are good for a while after. also she was off work on disability for a couple months so we were around each other all the time as i work from home. more time = more things annoy you haha.

on another note my diet/training is going very good but not dropping fat as much as i should. i think i need an eca stack whcih sucks cuz it messes w my anxiety

ya i am, we havent really argued about anything but this in a while, so im not gonna dump her cuz of this, and shes gotten better. she was way worse before, idk its kind of give and take she has good points and bad, im just doin me right now and i told her just yesterday if u continue to be a negative influence in my life you wont be in it. sometimes a little arguement is good we get it out of the way and are good for a while after. also she was off work on disability for a couple months so we were around each other all the time as i work from home. more time = more things annoy you haha.

on another note my diet/training is going very good but not dropping fat as much as i should. i think i need an eca stack whcih sucks cuz it messes w my anxiety

Try YCA. I hate the sides from ephedrine.

Maybe this will help, maybe it won't.

All I ever really wanted to do was lift big weight. When I was a teenager, I was told school had to come first. So I put aside lifting, studied my ass off, made it into a top private school, full scholarship. Holy balls, then the work started - I never had any clue I'd have to work that hard to keep up.

I got off to a bad start, but then came back, and pulled 4.0 semesters. I was told that I should work on my PhD. So, I got into a top grad school, full research assistant, and worked on my PhD. Holy balls - the work. I didn't have time for anything but studying.

Went through a bunch of personal shit, ended up out of the PhD program with a complementary masters, and finally started lifting again. I really had purpose. I was thinking about competing in a BB show.

I was about 30. Everybody told me I had to get my professional life on track. So, I did. I started my own software development business. No time to train, and diet went to hell.

Fast forward to 3 months shy of age 45. I was morbidly obese, hated everything about myself. I remember my wife and I were enteraining clients in our penthouse suite in the Ritz in Chicago, and we went out to a musical, and afterwards, I told her, "I want out."

For my 45th birthday, I started to try to train again. Had a lot of pain, and found out I had a disease which was going to leave me immobile by about the age of 60, if not dead.

I'm 51. If there's one thing I regret deeply in my life, it's that decision to stop pursuing that first bodybuilding show at about age 30, and to hop into the professional rat race with both feet and give up training.

Good luck with your decisions.

im working on a bachelors degree in biochemistry right now and between that, working for my dads business, bodybuilding and having a gf im just trying to find a balance but its going ok so far. nothing too stressful yet. starting my own business slowly but surely as well and im sure within a year that will be full blown. also taking this semester off from school which i DONT like and is NOT by choice but it gives me more time to put towards other things.

Try YCA. I hate the sides from ephedrine.

do u mean yohimbine? that was waaaay worse for me then ephedrine. i took some pills i got from a pharmacy and even half a pill had me so effing jittery only good thing was it made me horny

im working on a bachelors degree in biochemistry right now and between that, working for my dads business, bodybuilding and having a gf im just trying to find a balance but its going ok so far. nothing too stressful yet. starting my own business slowly but surely as well and im sure within a year that will be full blown. also taking this semester off from school which i DONT like and is NOT by choice but it gives me more time to put towards other things.

Good for you, bro.

Sounds like you have a lot going on in your life that's positive. I always tended to throw out the stuff that was important to "me". Took me a long time to learn that by doing that, I ultimately ended up with nothing left to give others.

Hope you do well in your first show.

Bigtiny......Below I copied one of the first posts I ever wrote on PM. It described my relationship with my girlfriend. I am a doctor and she is a nurse. We got married last week and she is one of the best things that has ever happened in my life. She even signed a prenup. I received a lot of grief from other members after this post but I can honestly say that I love her and she is a very special person. Our relationship grows stronger everyday.

I want to describe a normal day in my life and the treatment I receive from my girlfriend. I want everyone to use this as an example of how a woman should treat her man. She does all these things on top of her full time job as a nurse. Here is what she does for me:

- Cooks all my meals. I am not allowed in the kitchen for anything. If I want something I have to tell her and she has to get it. She than serves me my food.

- Goes to the grocery store and buys my food. She pays for it. She comes home and cuts all the meat, weights it on the scale, and individually packages each meal.

- Puts gas in my car. She pays for it.

- Washes my clothes.

- Cleans the house everyday.

- Pays for my steroids. I buy bulk powders overseas.

- When I come home from work it is either dinner or massage. If I choose dinner she serves me my food. If I choose massage we go up to the bed and she massages my head, neck, shoulders, back, arms, legs, and feet for one hour.

- Stretches my body before the gym and does physical therapy after my workout.

- Gives me a shower every night. When we are finished I step out of the shower, raise my arms, and she dries me off with the towel. After that she brushes my teeth. Next she goes into the bedroom and kneels down beside the bed to wait for me. When I come in I tell her what I want.

- Massages me every night until I fall asleep.

- Calls me "master" and likes to "obey" me. These are her own words.

If anyone reading this is thinking about getting married or thinks their relationship is not where it needs to be this should open your eyes. I asked her why she does all these things for me and her response was surprising. She knows my job and workout are both very important to me. She does everything to make these two things better for me. If I have a good day at work and good workout I will be happy, treat her nice, and overall have a better relationship. If she does not do these things for me I would be miserable at work and in the gym, come home unhappy, and our relationship would be bad. She understands that I need "physical" support during my day and this will make things easier for me and result in a better "emotional" relationship at home. She is Japanese and says this is her culture and has been passed down from generation to generation. She is hot too.

Bigtiny......Below I copied one of the first posts I ever wrote on PM. It described my relationship with my girlfriend. I am a doctor and she is a nurse. We got married last week and she is one of the best things that has ever happened in my life. She even signed a prenup. I received a lot of grief from other members after this post but I can honestly say that I love her and she is a very special person. Our relationship grows stronger everyday.

I want to describe a normal day in my life and the treatment I receive from my girlfriend. I want everyone to use this as an example of how a woman should treat her man. She does all these things on top of her full time job as a nurse. Here is what she does for me:

- Cooks all my meals. I am not allowed in the kitchen for anything. If I want something I have to tell her and she has to get it. She than serves me my food.

- Goes to the grocery store and buys my food. She pays for it. She comes home and cuts all the meat, weights it on the scale, and individually packages each meal.

- Washes my clothes.

- When I come home from work it is either dinner or massage. If I choose dinner she serves me my food. If I choose massage we go up to the bed and she massages my head, neck, shoulders, back, arms, legs, and feet for one hour.

- Gives me a shower every night. When we are finished I step out of the shower, raise my arms, and she dries me off with the towel. After that she brushes my teeth. Next she goes into the bedroom and kneels down beside the bed to wait for me. When I come in I tell her what I want.

If anyone reading this is thinking about getting married or thinks their relationship is not where it needs to be this should open your eyes. I asked her why she does all these things for me and her response was surprising. She knows my job and workout are both very important to me. She does everything to make these two things better for me. If I have a good day at work and good workout I will be happy, treat her nice, and overall have a better relationship. If she does not do these things for me I would be miserable at work and in the gym, come home unhappy, and our relationship would be bad. She understands that I need "physical" support during my day and this will make things easier for me and result in a better "emotional" relationship at home. She is Japanese and says this is her culture and has been passed down from generation to generation. She is hot too.

You have balls to post that bullshit again, lol

I lived in Japan for decades and have never heard of a wife calling her husband master.

- Washes my clothes.

Cut the shit dude..you got roasted last time you posted this rubbish...

ya i cant do shit w/o her. had to convince her to let me go watch football and have a couple beers w a buddy i havent seen in 8 months. shes just really needy and im not as much which is why i said "she wants me more then i want her" idk ill see how it goes were gonna talk tomorrow....dun dun DUN

If you think she's bad now, wait till you make the mistake and put a ring on her finger. Kiss your freedom and nuts goodbye! :D

If you think she's bad now, wait till you make the mistake and put a ring on her finger. Kiss your freedom and nuts goodbye! :D

Echoing this... Dante made a great point about relationships on another forum when asked a about them....

Here is his post:

marriage/relationships: I have the best of wives but I definitely learned some lessons on the relationships before I found her.....mainly this - WHAT YOU SEE IN THE BEGINNING IS WHAT YOU WILL GET IN SPADES IN THE END.
What I mean by that is in virtually all cases of relationships (in my experiences) the warning signs you see with someone in the beginning isn't a blip on the radar but is a definite foreshadowing of things to come. Example: Jim and Jane have been dating for 8 weeks and things have been going pretty good...one night over dinner Jane totally loses her cool and starts screaming and throws her drink in Jims face.......Jim storms out and goes home.....Jane calls him the next morning and apologizes profusely telling him it was a mistake and isolated incident and wont happen again.....Jim agrees with that thinking and thinks any problem will go away with maturity because she is young still (24).....BOOM trust me on this one....this is going to come back in spades....that screaming and water thrown in Jims face is going to become full on rage episodes and lamps thrown years down the road. <----this is a hypothetical situation but Ive seen this too many times to count now that I am pretty steadfast in my opinion. I could probably write a novel of incedences regarding this as it pertains to me personally. And its in every facet of personality...if you see warning signs of "someone who needs reaffirmation of her looks from men" because of insecurity....guess what might happen to you a few years down the road.

This is no lie...this happened to me right before I met my wife. I hooked up with a real hot girl who really was looking at me as boyfriend husband material. Things were going really great until I saw something. She was on her best behavior 24 7 and then let her guard down one time and I saw her get so angry at a waiter (and it was nothing...truly not a big deal to get angry about but I could see the sneer)...but I saw it...I saw the switch get flipped...and that waiter situation was the true reality of what would be coming my way X 50 later on. I put myself on high alert, saw a couple other things that told me I was absolutely correct...and removed myself from that relationship real quick after that. Again Ive seen this time and time again in relationships....that jealousy, that anger, that instability, that hint that she isn't so faithful, that not telling the truth....in the beginning will happen in the end 50X

Link to actual post: IntenseMuscle.com - View Single Post - Ask a guy named Doggcrapp anything...

bigtiny- DO NOTTTTTTT trust this type of controlling chick to take her "pill" everyday.... do not ever believe a controlling possessive woman will not try to have a kid to trap you...its the 1 thing they can do to lock u into 18 years around them.... beleieve me man, u dont want that

dont give her access to ur condoms either(if u use them)... if your the type to just leave a costco pack in the dresser drawer, dont do that, keep them on u... I was shown something once by a few strippers i use to kinda hang with this was 10 years ago, but it stuck in my head as 1 of the most fucked up conversations i ever had....... this is seriously fuckedddd up, but this is life... they would find the richest baller they could and have condoms for these guys.... the thing was, they would poke a few pin holes with a needle right thru the condom while in the wrapper... u wouldnt be able to tell SHIIIIIT when ur sober, nevermind when guys are all wasted... 1 of these strippers locked down a ex dolphin football player like that and now is getting PAIDDDD... sooo fucked up, but just lettin you know sum of tha games.... dont get tricked dawgy....

- Washes my clothes.

literally sounds like the beginning of a horror movie...
-JS

Get out. Now. Find someone who backs what you do. Women shouldn't control you.

- Washes my clothes.

Sounds like D/s relationship, where you're in the Dominant role and she is in the submissive role. If you both are happy with the arrangement and get what you each want out of the relationship, it really doesn't matter what anyone on here thinks or says about it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws