over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

So I guess I TORE my pec ??? :-(

ray425

Registered
Was finishing off my Bench day, with 225 for 3 x 5, and on my sencond set trird rep. It felt as if my pec rolled, or unraveled. where the pec meet in to the delt, biceps area.

Anybody here have this happen to them ??? If so do u now what actually happend. Didnt hurt at all when this happend monday, feels sore now but nothing out of the ordinary.

BTW : I had just done 315 3 x 3, with NO issues....

Last edited:
Just hope its a muscle belly tear and not a tendon tear. I tore my pec 3 yrs ago, pretty much like you on a cool down set, I felt and heard it pop twice and told them to get it. My training partners actually heard it pop also. I didn't have insurance at the time so I couldn't get a MRI, so a friend of mine who is in sports medicine took a look at it, and said it was a muscle belly tear where the pec meets the shoulder. said to take some time off and ice it, it will heal on its own, said to come back light with high reps. Said if it would have been a tendon tear I would have to have surgery. Mine bruised up a little, but not bad. As of today I haven't had any problems, I warm up a lot more now and do higher reps. I used to nothing but low reps with the heaviest weight possible, not any more.

Just hope its a muscle belly tear and not a tendon tear. I tore my pec 3 yrs ago, pretty much like you on a cool down set, I felt and heard it pop twice and told them to get it. My training partners actually heard it pop also. I didn't have insurance at the time so I couldn't get a MRI, so a friend of mine who is in sports medicine took a look at it, and said it was a muscle belly tear where the pec meets the shoulder. said to take some time off and ice it, it will heal on its own, said to come back light with high reps. Said if it would have been a tendon tear I would have to have surgery. Mine bruised up a little, but not bad. As of today I haven't had any problems, I warm up a lot more now and do higher reps. I used to nothing but low reps with the heaviest weight possible, not any more.

No bruising yet, i just dont know what to think. Dont have insurance... Couldnt hear a pop, but sure felt what to seem to be a rolling of the pec where it meet the delt, or unraveling there... How much time should i take off ??? thanks for your input...

No bruising yet, i just dont know what to think. Dont have insurance... Couldnt hear a pop, but sure felt what to seem to be a rolling of the pec where it meet the delt, or unraveling there... How much time should i take off ??? thanks for your input...
If you really tore it you would certainly have bruising..also when you really tear it you'll hear it and so will the people around you...it sounds like a wet towel ripping..
Ive ruptured and torn both my left then my right pecs...both times requiring surgical reattachment..not fun..I was bruised from my chest and shoulders down to my forearms both time..I mean like eggplant purple...You probaly just strained it..lay off of it for a bit...try alternating ice and heat...start back up slow..
Both times for me flat, BB bench press..guess what I dont do anymore?;)

I would take off at least 2-3 weeks. If you aren't bruising then you probably strained it real good. When I tore mine, it burned real bad, felt like a match on my pec. I had a lump on my pec the next day where the burning was. I would ice it for 20min every hr and come back slow. good luck

Thanks Goody, and Massive1975....

Will do

I tore my left pec 3 years ago ...felt like a cble unraveling ..took 3-4 days for bruise to show ...and severe after a week ..blood ended up running down to my upper row of abs ..
I did no pec work for 2 months ..and then only very light hi rep stuff for the next six months ..just being cautious .. I am old

I had a small pec tear once during my first cycle. I wasn't even using that much weight, but it was a weird and unique feeling.

I was supposed to stay off it all together, but being young and stupid I just eased up on pec training--kept doing flies and stuff. It probably took longer to heal, but all ended up OK. Fortunately.

I have torn both pecs multiple times, that was before I knew how to bench correctly. Arch as high as you can can bring the bar low on your body, I have not problems with my pecs even with benches in excess of 450. For anything pec specific,which is rare, I use dumbbells

Yeah very tough to injure a pec on a powerlift bench. With elbows tucked and bar below the nipples its just so unlikely from a kinetics leverage stand point.

At any rate, as always any injury recovery roadmap must be accompanied by a long GH protocol. Doesn't have to be high dose either. Duration is key to full recovery 6-9 months

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131