advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

So, I just watched the DC training video...

GoneForever

Banned
was interested in the DC method since so many people rave about it and there is no way im gonna read all that shit, so I just orderd the dvd and watched it last night. Concept seems very interesting, especially the severe stretching but im a bit confused on something.

For example, I can behind the neck press 315lbs for maybe a few reps at my max. So during a shoulder day i'll do a few warm up sets, then 2 heavy sets of maybe 250lbs x 5 260 x 4 and then a final set of 315 x 2 or 3 with long rests inbetween sets.

Now with the dc method your supposed to use the weight you can get about 9ish reps out of. So in that case i'll only do maybe 225lbs. So lets say I follow the program and do 225 for 9reps, then rest for 25sec do 225 for around 3-5reps, then rest 25sec and do my final 1-2reps of 225 and stretch. Thats the dc method, but at the end of the day, I still only did 225lbs v.s. the 315lbs I could do before. Maybe im not making sense but I dont see how this is gonna promote growth as much as a standard shoulder day with a few diff excersises using much heavier weight? In no way am I doubting this program, I havent even tried it, this is just a ? I have. Thank you.

total poundages are greater in the DC Method:

they way you use to lift resulted in a total of 2,920 lbs lifted assuming you lifted the reps and weights as you listed.
when you employ the DC training style your total poundage lifted is 3,600 lbs if you do the weight you listed and reps you listed.

soooo, you are moving more weight PLUS the stretching will add more time under tension resulting in more fibers being stimulated. Hence, doggcrapp training could be a great way to train.

personally, i don't train that way. i like a little bit more freedom in my workouts, but i do employ some of the DC strategies. good luck and whatever you do, stick to it long enough to know if it is working or not. -STEELE

was interested in the DC method since so many people rave about it and there is no way im gonna read all that shit, so I just orderd the dvd and watched it last night. Concept seems very interesting, especially the severe stretching but im a bit confused on something.

For example, I can behind the neck press 315lbs for maybe a few reps at my max. So during a shoulder day i'll do a few warm up sets, then 2 heavy sets of maybe 250lbs x 5 260 x 4 and then a final set of 315 x 2 or 3 with long rests inbetween sets.

Now with the dc method your supposed to use the weight you can get about 9ish reps out of. So in that case i'll only do maybe 225lbs. So lets say I follow the program and do 225 for 9reps, then rest for 25sec do 225 for around 3-5reps, then rest 25sec and do my final 1-2reps of 225 and stretch. Thats the dc method, but at the end of the day, I still only did 225lbs v.s. the 315lbs I could do before. Maybe im not making sense but I dont see how this is gonna promote growth as much as a standard shoulder day with a few diff excersises using much heavier weight? In no way am I doubting this program, I havent even tried it, this is just a ? I have. Thank you.

cause you will have 3 shoulder exercises that rotate and each week you add weight. for shoulder presses the rep range is usually 11-15 rest paused. so each week you add and get the same rep range, once you cant get at least 11, then you lose the exercise, and you must dominate another one. you might get up to 280 x 7-3-1=11rp

they way you use to lift resulted in a total of 2,920 lbs lifted assuming you lifted the reps and weights as you listed.
when you employ the DC training style your total poundage lifted is 3,600 lbs if you do the weight you listed and reps you listed.

soooo, you are moving more weight PLUS the stretching will add more time under tension resulting in more fibers being stimulated. Hence, doggcrapp training could be a great way to train.

personally, i don't train that way. i like a little bit more freedom in my workouts, but i do employ some of the DC strategies. good luck and whatever you do, stick to it long enough to know if it is working or not. -STEELE

Now the reason why more weight is lifted in the long run is due to hitting the body part a few times per week im assuming. So why couldnt you just train that bodypart 2x per week but for long rests so you could get more weight on the bar?

Now with the dc method your supposed to use the weight you can get about 9ish reps out of. So in that case i'll only do maybe 225lbs. So lets say I follow the program and do 225 for 9reps, then rest for 25sec do 225 for around 3-5reps, then rest 25sec and do my final 1-2reps of 225 and stretch. Thats the dc method, but at the end of the day, I still only did 225lbs v.s. the 315lbs I could do before.

look at it this way . 25 sec. is not enough to completely recover your phosphocreatine stores, which decrease during a set and recover at rest. it can take more than a minute to have them recovered (depending on work done ) . thats why a RP set is only ONE set .
SO >>> 9 + 5 + 2 = 16

have you ever done 16 reps with 225 before ?
so if someone would ask you how many reps are you able to do with 225 , the answer is 16 .

i hope this clears it up a bit more

little info :D : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatine_phosphate

wake

I know people go crazy when you change his program, but i have found I the rp to be too much for me. You can do straight sets with more rest. I still usually only do one work set per bodypart. Occasionally I will do two hard straight sets of an exercise, and find I recover better than doing the rest pause as outlined. I really believe the stretching and the split are the most important parts of the system.

Im going to pick this up myself and the share my thoughts.

I would never do behind the neck presses first of all. And I would try the method for a few months before saying, "I don't feel as tired" or "I would think this way would be better."

It's really a superset.

The problem I have with short rest sets is that some days I just have it in me to get the desired reps and others I don't (like if I didn't have a good breakfast). That's another reason why it has to be combined with correct nutrition and good timing.

I may give this method a shot some day but in the mean time i've picked up some tips. Im definately gonna do some extreme stretching after each workout even if I stick to my 1 bodypart per day workouts, and im also gonna incorperate some of their excersises.

Now the reason why more weight is lifted in the long run is due to hitting the body part a few times per week im assuming. So why couldnt you just train that bodypart 2x per week but for long rests so you could get more weight on the bar?

The point isn't to get as much weight on the bar as possible. The point is to make continual strength and size gains by stimulating as many muscle fibers as possible. As you progress through the workouts in DC, you try to do more reps or a little more weight each time. So you do end up putting more weight on the bar, but progressively in a way that promotes as much growth and size as possible providing you also eat to support your training. I've been making regular strength gains at each workout, and I'm astounded at how much the weight goes up.

To answer the question about the differenc between the "315 and 225" debate is "Time under tension". Controlled negatives! The muscle is under stress for 4 times the amount of a straight set. So, yes you're correct that 315 is heavier, but your muscle can't read the number on the weight, but it will feel the difference in tension. This I assure you! i have been transitioning into DC and have obviouslt noticed the change. I'm not full blown DC yet, but only because I've trained on the opposite program my whole life. I will go full DC at some point soon. You just have to have major discipline and a quality partner to make the program work. All out failure every working set is key as well.

I gave you some thoughts below in CAPS.....I think this might help oyu out..

Now with the dc method your supposed to use the weight you can get about 9ish reps out of.

I WOULD SAY FOR GOOD MEASURE TO GET A BASELINE ACCURATE NUMBER 10-11......FINDING THE BASE NUMBERS TO GET STARTED ARE THE HARDEST PART. IT TOOK ME ONE WHOLE ROTATION THROUGH ALL MY EXCERSISES BEFORE I FELT COMFORTABLE WITH THEM

So in that case i'll only do maybe 225lbs.

IF YOU CAN DO 315 THREE TIMES YOU COULD START WITH MORE I BET...

So lets say I follow the program and do 225 for 9reps, then rest for 25sec

YOU NEED TO TAKE 12-15 DEEP BREATHS...THAT SHOULD BE A~ 30-45 SECONDS....

do 225 for around 3-5reps,

YOU NEED TO TAKE ANOTHER 12-15 DEEP BREATHS

then rest 25sec and do my final 1-2reps of 225

AFTER YOUR LAST SET TRY TO STATIC HOLD (OF COURSE WHILE THE BAR IS OVER THE RACK FOR SAFTEY OR HAVE A SPOTTER) AS LONG AS YOU CAN HOLD IT NOT LOCK OUT BUT ALMOST LOCKED OUT

and stretch. Thats the dc method, but at the end of the day, I still only did 225lbs v.s. the 315lbs I could do before.

YOU WILL DO MORE THE NEXT TIME AROUND WHEN YOU CAN PUT MORE WEIGHT ON THERE AND TRY GO UP IN REPS......IF YOU LAND IN THE LOW END OF REPS 8-10...STAY ON TAHT WEIGHT AND DO MORE REPS....IF YOU LAND IN HIGH END THEN ADD MORE WEIGHT

Maybe im not making sense but I dont see how this is gonna promote growth as much as a standard shoulder day with a few diff excersises using much heavier weight?
IF YOU ARE ONLY TRAINING ONE BODYPART PER PER WEEK YOU ARE ONLY GETTING 52 SHOULDER WORKOUTS PER YEAR....IF YOU ARE DOING DC TRAINING YOU WILL BE HITTING THE BODYPART TWICE EVERY 8-9 DAYS TURNING 52 SHOULDER WORKOUTS PER YEAR INTO 89 WORKOUTS PER YEAR......

ALL THE WHILE YOU ARE FUCKING BUSTING IT IN THE GYM CONSISTENTLY BEATING YOUR NUMBERS AND GETTING STRONGER, STRETCHING, EATING PROPERLY, AND GETTING REST YOU WILL GROW.....

In no way am I doubting this program, I havent even tried it, this is just a ? I have. Thank you.

I KNOW YOU DON'T DOUBT IT BUT SOMETHING I WANT YOU TO DO IS TO REALLY HAVE A GOOD GO AT THIS YOU NEED TO GIVE IT AT LEAST 8 SOLID WEEKS DOING ALL THE FACETS CORRECTLY...

YOU ARE GOING TO REALLY LIKE IT IF YOU DO AS I AT ONE TIME WAS ADIMAT THAT THERE IS NO WAY I WAS GETTING ENOUGH SETS IN....I WAS YOUR TYPICAL OCD BB'ER..

GOOD LUCK BRO...

franco you really rest 30-45 secs between rp?

franco you really rest 30-45 secs between rp?

Honestly I really don't know I would say more towards 30 seconds.....All I do is make sure I take nice deep breaths and not short shallow ones.....I guess it feels that long but really isn't.....:D

Point is take nice deep slow breaths..

Ok so what i don't understand is this: Im doing shoulder press with 215lbs. I do 8 reps and then rack the weight, take 15 deep breaths, and do 3-5 reps, rack the weight take deep breaths and do 1-2 reps. Ok so all that was just one set? or am i supposed to do this 3 times? or once im done this im done with that particular exercise?

To answer the question about the differenc between the "315 and 225" debate is "Time under tension". Controlled negatives! The muscle is under stress for 4 times the amount of a straight set. So, yes you're correct that 315 is heavier, but your muscle can't read the number on the weight, but it will feel the difference in tension. This I assure you! i have been transitioning into DC and have obviouslt noticed the change. I'm not full blown DC yet, but only because I've trained on the opposite program my whole life. I will go full DC at some point soon. You just have to have major discipline and a quality partner to make the program work. All out failure every working set is key as well.

We are going to pull you in Rob (we all met behind closed doors for months now and plotted the diabolical plan)....soon it will be like black tar heroin and you will need a fix

In all seriousness congratulations on the new look and thickness/roundness you have now--I know thats hardwork to change yourself at that advanced level....be forewarned....Dusty cracks the whip and he doesnt get a smile on his face until it draws blood, he is kind of sick like that.....LOL

Ok so what i don't understand is this: Im doing shoulder press with 215lbs. I do 8 reps and then rack the weight, take 15 deep breaths, and do 3-5 reps, rack the weight take deep breaths and do 1-2 reps. Ok so all that was just one set? or am i supposed to do this 3 times? or once im done this im done with that particular exercise?

bump

That is one set man and its time to move on to another bodypart....

That is one set man and its time to move on to another bodypart....

I still look back on that training session you put Mason and I through in May, and like I said then, it was definitely an eye-opener!

do you think more time resting between sets gives = a better performance in the following set? within reason of course. or is that really overanalyzing?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131