YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

so, it seems like alot of this board is into super low volume.

jack98

Registered
only reason for this is giving the muscle more time to recover?? ve done some of dorian yates workotus in the past, but its not really all that low of volume if you count all the warm up sets

never really see any guys in my gym train low volume like Big A's traing split.

so my question is, is there really any need to take THAT much rest like from Big A's split wehre he does 4 sets including warmups of chest a week?

Last edited:
volume, intensity, and FREQUENCY, all need to be balanced.

Lower volume = increased frequency and intensity.

wow

great fuckin answer

:headbang:

only reason for this is giving the muscle more time to recover?? ve done some of dorian yates workotus in the past, but its not really all that low of volume if you count all the warm up sets

never really see any guys in my gym train low volume like Big A's traing split.
so my question is, is there really any need to take THAT much rest like from Big A's split wehre he does 4 sets including warmups of chest a week?

How are these guys progressing? Are they the same size as they were 6 months, 4 months, 2 months ago? I ran DC for a few months and gained some great strength and some good size. I had been doing the cookie cutter FLEX Magazine workouts and getting minimal to no results at all.

Read "cycle for pennies" by DC, and read about the rest and frequency of training. It's about resting your CNS as well. If your CNS is fried, do you think you will be balls out pushing it?

Personally, I just go by feel. I know when i'm tired - i simply cant do anymore lifts with full intensity, i dont want to be here anymore, and im thinking "wow unless i get 12 hrs of sleep tonight im going to have a shitty ass workout tomorrow" (usually when it gets to this point its already too late). Or when i'm overworked - for instance i could still have "gas in the tank" but my muscles will just be sore from a previous workout.

For me this usually amounts to (not including warm ups) 3 exercises of 3-4 working sets each, done once per week (larger body parts) and 3 exercises of 3-4 working sets each, done TWICE per week for smaller body parts like bis/tris.

volume, intensity, and FREQUENCY, all need to be balanced.

Lower volume = increased frequency and intensity.

Yep. I experience that for me at least I do better on lower volume and more intensity/freq. Once I changed my training to that I started to grow again after being stuck for years.

I feel like with more frequency and lower volume each workout that you can hit the weights with a lot more intensity. The amount of weight you handle is going to average a lot more since the workouts are short and youre not fatigued as much while lifting.

Yep. I experience that for me at least I do better on lower volume and more intensity/freq. Once I changed my training to that I started to grow again after being stuck for years.

I feel like with more frequency and lower volume each workout that you can hit the weights with a lot more intensity. The amount of weight you handle is going to average a lot more since the workouts are short and youre not fatigued as much while lifting.

could you elaborate on how you increased your frequency. does that mean you just increased the number of times you hit a bodypart a week or what>

It's easier for me to gain muscle than to lose weight. I did really well on volume training with less frequency when I was younger. I reached a point where everything got confusing. The information felt outdated or I wasn't doing something right. I started investigating the low volume approach after watching Justin Harris and Steve Kuclo go through the DC training process. I started in the high 230's/low 240's with around 15% bodyfat. I could have been drier, but I weighed in at my last contest at 250 on the dot.

October 30, 2010 Golds Classic - Toms River, NJ: Open Prejudging

Volume isn't the enemy, but the best/most efficient/fastest gains for me came when I switched to a more high intensity, low volume approach WITH a logboook.

It's easier for me to gain muscle than to lose weight. I did really well on volume training with less frequency when I was younger. I reached a point where everything got confusing. The information felt outdated or I wasn't doing something right. I started investigating the low volume approach after watching Justin Harris and Steve Kuclo go through the DC training process. I started in the high 230's/low 240's with around 15% bodyfat. I could have been drier, but I weighed in at my last contest at 250 on the dot.

October 30, 2010 Golds Classic - Toms River, NJ: Open Prejudging

Volume isn't the enemy, but the best/most efficient/fastest gains for me came when I switched to a more high intensity, low volume approach WITH a logboook.

There it is right there, gotta beat that damn log book EVERY time

could you elaborate on how you increased your frequency. does that mean you just increased the number of times you hit a bodypart a week or what>

yeah, it used to be only once per week but then I went to 2x per week on major parts. Calves its like 4 days per week.

would something like this be a good idea for a more frequent, lower volume approach

Day 1-Chest/shoulders/bis
Day 2-legs/abs
day 3-off
day 4- Back/tris
day 5-legs/abs
day 6-off
repeat

also, the one thing i would be worried about on that split is the carryover from closegrip bench to chest. as closegrip bench is my favorite tri excercise, i guess i would kinda be hitting my chest 3 times in 7 days.

would something like this be a good idea for a more frequent, lower volume approach

Day 2-legs/abs
day 3-off
day 4- Back/tris
day 5-legs/abs
day 6-off
repeat

also, the one thing i would be worried about on that split is the carryover from closegrip bench to chest. as closegrip bench is my favorite tri excercise, i guess i would kinda be hitting my chest 3 times in 7 days.

Not enough frequency there excpet for the legs. Better off doing the muscles that assist with the primary moving muscles day 1: legs . day 2: chest, shoulders, tris. day 3: back, biceps. rest on day 4 and repeat.

Day 2-legs/abs
day 3-off
day 4- Back/tris
day 5-legs/abs
day 6-off
repeat

What are your goals?

The 3x/week approach is a GREAT low volume/high intensity setup. If you are trying to get stong and put on size (assuming your diet is in check), I think this is the best way to go, JMO. It worked great for me and a lot of guys on here. I ran DC for about 10 weeks with no aas help, stength went through the roof and I gained 20lbs. Granted it wasn't all muscle of course, but there was no doubt that I was a hell of a lot stronger than when I started. With the strength and eating came size.

Did you read the article, "cycle for pennies"? Type it into yahoo or google and you'll find ALL you need to know about the approach

It's a M/W/F setup:
M: chest,shoulders/tris/back width/back thickness
W: bis/forearms/hams/quads
F: repeat M with different excersizes
M: repeat W with different excersizes
and so on

Last edited:
ive done three day splits and didnt like them.

There are other splits that can be done to increase frequency and lower volume, however, total weekly volume may be the same, volume per training session is what will be cut down. off the top of my head i can think of 3 or 4 different ways to split training to lower volume and incrase intensity and frequency, giving a greater number of opportunities for growth in a given period of time.

off the top of my head i can think of 3 or 4 different ways to split training to lower volume and incrase intensity and frequency, giving a greater number of opportunities for growth in a given period of time.

bet you cant. try listing them

Recently Diagnosed With Diabetes

I assumed it was about time I joined this forum. I was not too long ago identified with diabetes and I'm still sort of adjusting to my new life-style and eating habits. I actually need to watch my weight loss plan, exericse and attempt to stay healthy. I've lately had a number of bouts with gallstones and toenail problems for years.

I recently joined a number of forums like this one to get ideas and tips on find out how to successfully manage my illness so I can live a protracted and healthy life. Seems like many people, once they reach their 60's, are getting diagnosed. I hope to reverse mine to some extent so I will not need to observe my blood sugar ranges constantly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner