over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

So many times....

lucian

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
so many times i read a post..."going for clean bulk" or something like "goal here is to gain muscle and loos a little fat."

The best is " i am looking to put on 30lb of lean mass and drop 10lb of fat in 10 weeks" followed by a HUGE cycle that would kill a cow, and mostly nothing about diet or training!

I never read "goal is to gain muscle and not get much fatter" which is what really happens when you bulk, or something like "Trying to be the best bodybuilder i can be."

I remember when i was younger i would write in a notebook what my goals were. most seem pretty ridiculous looking back at them now.

So my goal...to be the best i can be. Im going to eat clean foods, throw in a treat here and there, train as hard as i can and get all the rest i need, and let the chips fall in place.

Lucian

i have always said bulking is a complete waste of time and a strain on the body. why gain 25 lbs of mostly fat and bloat to diet down and net 4 lbs of lean muscle?!! why not just increase clean calories enough to gain the 4 lean lbs? it aint rocket science.

I agree for the most part. This type of thing has been going on for years, not only here, but on all boards....Some people think the shit is magic.

However, take a look a M's(Mike1107's) thread in the members forum where he bulked up a TON and then cut....That right there is the template some are looking to achieve...Look at the amount of calories and training he did.

I didn't know him at the time. I was GREATLY impressed and he doesn't even compete in shows. The guy amazed me!!:):)

I agree with all you guys. Good post! The best thing I have done lately is finally stayed off the damn scale and starting eating right and going by the mirror. It was very hard to do as I've always been a skinny guy my whole life and even though I hear comments all the time now about being big, I still feel skinny. I been eating right and going by how I look in the mirror now instead of the scale and I'm liking it more and more all the time. And even though my weight IS dropping, all my measurements are mostly the same AND I'm getting new PR's on all my lifts now. Its kinda weird and doesn't really make sense but I take it I must be losing fat but why can I lift so much more weight:confused: I feel I'm taking in about the same amount of protein but cutting out alot of carbs.

I guess my advice is don't worry so much about what the scale says as long as you eat right and lift hard then everything else will fall in place. I think guys get too worried when they lose a pound or two and it causes them to overeat and put on more fat than they realize. As far as the increased strength gains, I don't have an answer for that. Maybe I just got lucky... lol:D

However, take a look a M's(Mike1107's) thread in the members forum where he bulked up a TON and then cut....That right there is the template some are looking to achieve...Look at the amount of calories and training he did.

I didn't know him at the time. I was GREATLY impressed and he doesn't even compete in shows. The guy amazed me!!:):)

Mike's ability to gain weight/size is just ridiculous... and trust me pics don't even do him justice!! :eek:

However Ty, let's keep in mind he was in his early 20's when he bulked up that much... at that age it's much easier to lose bodyfat... not really sure he would do it again now that he's gonna be 30 in July... actually I know he wouldn't! ;)

And not only cause your metabolism usually tends to decrease as you get older, but for the simple fact when you've been training for 12+ years, you're less willing to suffer for endless weeks from long and boring diets... :eek:

Bottom line: the less fat you get when adding size, the less you'll cry from hunger when comes diet time. Lol! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
It can be done....just so few will get every aspect lined out, and then follow it perfectly.
Tons of factors are involved, but when you do....

part of the problem is these guys map it out....and follow it even if it takes a turn and doesn't work. your body doesn't care what a paper says! if it only puts on 3 lb of mass and 34lb of fat......just cuz the paper says keep going...they keep going and get too fat! Instead they should say this isnt working and try a different approach rather than do damage control afterwords.

You gotta be able to LISTEN to your body and adjust as need be., not just keep going cuz you wrote it on a paper.

You get fatter....cut back on the cal. your not getting fat, try adding some cal and see if you get bigger, if you do start to get fat....cut back again. Its more of a touch and go but bodybuilders are so strict they try not to veer off the plan. cuz then they feel like they are failing. Look at phil's eat when hungry. Its LISTENING to your body!

Mike's ability to gain weight/size is just ridiculous... and trust me pics don't even do him justice!! :eek:

However Ty, let's keep in mind he was in his early 20's when he bulked up that much... at that age it's much easier to lose bodyfat... not really sure he would do it again now that he's gonna be 30 in July... actually I know he wouldn't! ;)

And not only cause your metabolism usually tends to decrease as you get older, but for the simple fact when you've been training for 12+ years, you're less willing to suffer for endless weeks from long and boring diets... :eek:

Bottom line: the less fat you get when adding size, the less you'll cry from hunger when comes diet time. Lol! :p

I completely understand, Phidias.;)

part of the problem is these guys map it out....and follow it even if it takes a turn and doesn't work. your body doesn't care what a paper says! if it only puts on 3 lb of mass and 34lb of fat......just cuz the paper says keep going...they keep going and get too fat! Instead they should say this isnt working and try a different approach rather than do damage control afterwords.

You gotta be able to LISTEN to your body and adjust as need be., not just keep going cuz you wrote it on a paper.

You get fatter....cut back on the cal. your not getting fat, try adding some cal and see if you get bigger, if you do start to get fat....cut back again. Its more of a touch and go but bodybuilders are so strict they try not to veer off the plan. cuz then they feel like they are failing. Look at phil's eat when hungry. Its LISTENING to your body!

Good words Lucian!!!:)

Don't get me wrong it was really really fun telling myself those trips to the burger joint were for the betterment of my bulk but I like being able to take my shirt off year round now!

If your refering to my post, you misunderstood. I agree with you.

I recently started a different another phase of my offseason, trying to hold my weight steady for 6 weeks ;) Now a week later I'm heavier than I ever been after only a week on the new plan. I will hit 260 and hold for a couple of weeks before it's time for contest prep to begin.
Here's me at 235, 7 weeks ago.
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...-pics-me-after-being-member-here-4-years.html

I strongly beleive in change, but to not have a plan to get started, IMHO, will keep you from your potentail.
I also know there are other peolpe that have their own way of doing things, but all that really matters are the end results.

Last edited:
is finally stayed off the damn scale and starting eating right and going by the mirror.

I wish i could convince my friend to do the same...the obsession to be 300 lbs is literally going to kill him by the time hes 30..its a damn shame

If your refering to my post, you misunderstood. I agree with you.

I recently started a different another phase of my offseason, trying to hold my weight steady for 6 weeks ;) Now a week later I'm heavier than I ever been after only a week on the new plan. I will hit 260 and hold for a couple of weeks before it's time for contest prep to begin.
Here's me at 235, 7 weeks ago.
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...-pics-me-after-being-member-here-4-years.html

I strongly beleive in change, but to not have a plan to get started, IMHO, will keep you from your potentail.
I also know there are other peolpe that have their own way of doing things, but all that really matters are the end results.

Wasnt referring to your post. Just something i have learned as i got older and i seethe younger guys making the samw mistakes i made. Just tryin to help em out a lil bit!

I dont feel bulking is a waste of time but i like to referre to it as a "gaining phase" or "lean mass phase". Obviously you need to up calories to gain muscle. I just think some people over due it and think well ill just eat everything i see and since im on aas it will atribute lean muscle no matter what.

Eat clean, gain clean is what i go by. Have your treats when you need them in the off season. But stay on track with some really good clean calories and it will pay in dividends

I just started my diet, clean calories and looking to gain 20lbs in 16 weeks. I'm not trying to be comp lean but lean enough. I think I would rather sacrifice a little weight for leaner gains if nessesary.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131