YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

So much Information and not sure what to Follow?

thedorkyd1

Registered
Newbies
In regards to diet/nutrition, especially for AAS users, there are so many more factors/strategies and so little studies and scientific information that pertains to how we live the bodybuilding lifestyle.

I have been cutting for almost 10 weeks now, employing all different dieting strategies through the process and am just to finish my final few days of 400mg DNP. I've dropped around 20lbs so far (5 ft 7 ... 190-171) and have had literally 0 weight change eating 1700-1800 calories on the DNP the last 10 days which leads me to believe I'm probably retaining a few lbs of water too.

Anyway I've never been this lean in my life. I feel like crap the majority of the day and not even intermittent fasting can take away the hunger I experience in my 6-8 hour feeding window. It's good to have gone through this process and suffering to see what true bodybuilding is all about, and not just permabulking and over eating constantly.

I would usually bulk on anywhere from 3600-4200 calories and just get fat way too quickly and just put it down to "water retention". This clearly wasn't the case and getting properly lean has taught me lots about my body. Because if never been in this condition before, I don't really know where I should go from here and this is why I'm making this post today, to find out some anecdotal/proper information on what has worked for you or others or any actual scientific articles on nutrition etc.

Im currently eating 1800 calories on 400mg DNP, 500mg Test E, 400mg Tren E -> 250P , 90C [(45g pre/post WO) (some days lower)], 45F

QUESTION 1: How do I go about increasing calories/reverse dieting coming off DNP and transitioning into a maintenance/lean bulk phase?

How would you increase/alter calories (if at all) when coming off the DNP and staying on the anabolics? Would you increase specific macros or alter macro ratio to hopefully restore proper thyroid function etc.

QUESTION 2: What sort of off season strategy should I employ to maximize my gains without gaining incredible amounts of bodyfat?

As I previously said, every single time I went on a "bulking phase" I just got fat because I over ate so much. Therefore I don't have a lot of experience of knowing what sort of macro ratios work for me/carb timing/splitting carbs/fats etc.

I am thinking of a few strategies here and I was wondering if you think any of these are significantly better than the other for what I am trying to achieve.

OPTION 1: Eating a set macronutrient ratio only when hungry, whether it be 4x per day or 6x per day. This ratio will be something in the ballpark of 50P / 40C / 10-15F

OPTION 2: Seperating meals into P+C and P+F, only taking in carbs around training time and using strategies like carb cut offs etc.

OPTION 3: Going higher carb, higher protein and lower fat with the 2 biggest carb meals of the day being breakfast and post workout as this will be the most optimal time to spike insulin. Still have carbs in every meal but partition the majority of them in those just mentioned. Macro split might be something like: 250P, 320C, 40F

OPTION 4: Make an off season meal plan with a set amount of macros for the day, something basic/generic like 40/40/20 and stick to it, not worrying about all the fancy bullshit, for example, hitting 250P, 250C , 70F over the course of 24 hours, every day and consistently

QUESTION 3: How should I determine if the amount of calories/macros I've picked are right for me?

As I will be coming off DNP, will probably be dropping a bit of water, but then compensating my adding additional water that be coming from ceasing such a large caloric deficit, my weight will probably be all over the place for a little while. I'm thinking of attempting to gain 0.75-1lbs per week at the very most as I am still not an overly experienced lifter so I probably have slightly more room to gain. This is oppose to the 5lbs-10lbs an experienced one may pick up over the course of 12 months.

QUESTION 4: If there is one bit of advice you could give me, potentially a massive mistake you made in your experience, a strategy I could employ to make this as easy to guage as possible, or any comment you wish to make, what would it be?

The good thing about having a community such as this one is everyone has been through all different experiences and tried all different things, and it's truly a blessing to be able to feed off those experienced individuals so we don't go and waste 10 years doing something sub optimally.

If you made it this far through the post I thank you so much for taking the time to read everything and I'm really looking forward to your responses :)

Have you had any refeeds or cheat meals during your cut? If not go out and smash a cheat meal. Your body needs it

No, but im finishing in like 3 days time and I dont want to make myself unnecessarily sweaty and suffer while on this DNP.

Add macros back in slowly until you start seeing fat gain, then back off. Sounds overly simple, but think of it like a science experiment and just change one variable at a time.

Week 1, add in an additional 50 calories a day of carbs, week 2 add the same in fats, keep going in that manner until you find what works best for you.

That's a way over simplified suggestion. Trial and error unless you want to hire someone to help you out.

Matt has good articles on his blog about how to get out of a cut period and get lean mass gains.

Just keep the protein high and add little by little, carbs in PWO and few fats in the rest of meals. You will reduce the protein as you increase fats. A transition period of reverse diet of 8-10 weeks until your off season diet is what I recommend.

Simply REVERSE diet

Pick increments of change you can actually control. For me adding/subtracting 50-100kcal a day is simply too small, I usually make adjustments by the 300-500kcal increments because I'm not anal about my portion size, though that changes if I need to get hella lean.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws