over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

So my GF used my BP monitor I got from her mother, and the results concern me

DrBeefcake777

Banned
Okay so their entire family is big. Her dad and sister both had gastric something (IDK if it was sleeve, bypass, etc.) bc they were rather large. Her father is French so they eat these giant dinners. She has gained quite a bit of weight since we got together over 2 years ago, but these BP readings are worse than some of mine. Here is where she was and this being with her being still and early in the morning. My app says its Hypertension 1 but Ive had that abd 2 also, but my diastolic was never 97. 154/97

Her heart rate is much lower than mine, mines usually in the low to mid 80s but Im on hormones, etc.

She has insurance so if she doesn't call tomorrow and schedule an appointment then I will as her "fiance"

She is 30, about 5"8" and idk her exact weight now but she weighs likely close to 300. She is still beautiful and has good shape for her size, but needs to lose weight and eat better. I now know why she says she is always tired.

Attachments

• IMG_2844.JPG
    IMG_2844.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 11
At 30, she still has a chance for a lifestyle change. She needs to start eating healthy and lose that weight. If she doesn't being that heavy will run into a lot of health problems. The excessive weight is her problem more then anything.

Her weight is now a clear health danger. It needs to be attended to aside from any feelings about appearance.
If you care about her, you need to help her on this journey, and that will be challenging at times. Don't let her associate the weight loss with self worth, but rather saving her life.

You need to throw the BP monitor on the ground and stomp on it

Not to be a dick but did you really need a bp monitor to know being severely obese was unhealthy? Even if her bp was fine she’s 300lbs of over 50% bf

How many fucking threads are you going to start a day.....BORING!!!!

Obvious answers to you starting far too many threads.
NEXT!

To be honest, at that weight, her always being tired probably has more to do with sleep apnea than anything else, along with having to struggle along with a body that heavy. I only mean this out of love, as many of my family members are obese as well, even if they are beautiful people. But if you love her, gently encourage her and support her in losing the weight, for health's sake and not appearance's sake. Get her checked for sleep apnea and encourage her to lose the weight and lower her blood pressure. At over 250lbs, mortality rates go way up for anyone. Your job is to encourage her toward a more healthy lifestyle, and not "eating her feelings" if she has any emotional issues that are making her eat that much.

I've tried to do the same with family members myself, with only mixed success, and often long-term failure. But do what you can. Her life depends on it.

Well she wont tell me or step on a scale for me and she gets very defensive and idk why she does w me, I love her. I said start with a 20lb weight loss goal and she started crying. Shes an emotional one

Not to be a dick but did you really need a bp monitor to know being severely obese was unhealthy? Even if her bp was fine she’s 300lbs of over 50% bf

No thats for me, and she was putting off the doctor and now doing that she has an appointment made at 8:30 am tomorrow so it helped. The BP monitor is to measure my progress bc I had a thread where I got edema and am now on BP meds.

It helped and opened her eyes up some more, she knew, she was in denial. She doesnt eat terrible. She also doesnt eat enough to lose weight. She wakes up has coffee at 9 am, gets to work at 10 and has a wrap they serve (grillled chicken or sliced ham so not bad) then doesnt eat again until 11 PM when she gets off. Her metabolism is stagnant and on days off she goes to her oarents and theyre french and make the most unhealthy fooid, but thats 1 time every week.

I think some of it is hormonal, thyroid, and bad eating habits, and bad genetics. Theyre all big and many had to have the gastric surgery. Her sister was shorter but much chubbier looking and looks close to normal now. There is no willpower to I feel it may be the road to take eventually if her mother (not obese) and my advice and attempts dont work.

To be honest, at that weight, her always being tired probably has more to do with sleep apnea than anything else, along with having to struggle along with a body that heavy. I only mean this out of love, as many of my family members are obese as well, even if they are beautiful people. But if you love her, gently encourage her and support her in losing the weight, for health's sake and not appearance's sake. Get her checked for sleep apnea and encourage her to lose the weight and lower her blood pressure. At over 250lbs, mortality rates go way up for anyone. Your job is to encourage her toward a more healthy lifestyle, and not "eating her feelings" if she has any emotional issues that are making her eat that much.

I've tried to do the same with family members myself, with only mixed success, and often long-term failure. But do what you can. Her life depends on it.

It def does and my whole family is small/average. Ive said "if you cant control what you wat, do what Stephanie did and you cant overeat" Her sister is a new person and lost 160 lbs+

5'8 300 lbs

You didn't need to check her BP to figure out why she's always tired

I didnt, she did and it finally got her to make an appointment so Im happy she used my BP monitor one morning randomly

At 30, she still has a chance for a lifestyle change. She needs to start eating healthy and lose that weight. If she doesn't being that heavy will run into a lot of health problems. The excessive weight is her problem more then anything.

Absolutely. Thyroid issues, diabetes, etc etc etc are right around the corner and Id imagine we will find many things are already off with her bc of it.

She gets too emotional when I tell her to try to lose a little bit but that changes now bc she will hear it from a doctor

BP is normally high first thing in the morning.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131