YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

So what are we doing when we add T3 to GH?

Juice Authority

Registered
I found the part in bolds, well, interesting....To sum it up, according to this...GH + T3 = waste of money, and GH without T4 = waste of money. I think I'll stick to GH + T3 because it works but I thought I'd pass this along.

"We’re effectively shutting down the conversion pathway that is responsible for some of GH’s effects! And what would we be doing if we added in T4 instead of T3? You got it- we’d be enhancing the pathway by allowing the GH we’re using to have more T4 to convert to T3, thus giving us more of an effect from the GH we’re taking. Adding T4 into our GH cycles will actually allow more of the GH to be used effectively!

Remember, the thing that catalyzes the conversion process is the deiodinase enzyme. This is also why using low amounts of T3 would seem (again, anecdotally in bodybuilders) to be able to slightly increase protein synthesis and have an anabolic effect – they aren’t using enough to tell the body to stop or slow down production of the deiodinase enzyme, and hence .Although this analogy isn’t perfect, think of GH as a supercharger you have attached to your car…if you don’t provide enough fuel for it to burn at it’s increased output level, you aren’t going to derive the full effects. Thyroid status also may influence IGF-I expression in tissues other than the liver.So what we have here is a problem. When we take GH, it lowers T3 levels…but we need T3 to keep our GH receptor levels optimally upregulated. In addition, it’s suspected that many of GH’s anabolic effects are engendered as a result of production of IGF-1, so keeping our IGF receptors upregulated by maintaining adequate levels of T3 seems prudent. But as we’ve just seen, supplementing T3 with our GH will abolish Growth Hormone’s functional hepatic nitrogen clearance, possibly through the effect of reducing the bioavailability of insulin-like growth factor-I (12.)

So we want elevated T3 levels when we take GH, or we won’t be getting ANYWHERE NEAR the full anabolic effect of our injectable GH without enough T3. And now we know that not only do we need the additional T3, but we actually want the CONVERSION process of T4 into T3 to take place, because it’s the presence of those mediator enzymes that will allow the T3 to be synergistic with GH, instead of being inhibitory as is seen when T3 is simply added to a GH cycle. And remember, we don’t only want T3 levels high, but we want types 1 and 2 deiodinase to get us there- and when we take supplemental T3, that just doesn’t happen…all that happens is the type 3 deiodinase enzyme shows up and negates the beneficial effects of the T3 when we combine it with GH.

And that’s where myself and Dr. Daemon ended up, after a week of e-mails, researching studies, and gathering clues.

If you’ve been using GH without T4, you’ve been wasting half your money – and if you’ve been using it with T3, you’ve been wasting your time. Start using T4 with your GH, and you’ll finally be getting the full results from your investment."

good to know. thanks for this.

something to consider, when i get rich enough to buy GH

mmmm. ill give it a shot. i always ran t-3 with gh.
how much t-4 and when to take it ? running 8iu of gh/day.

Well I should be good since I use desiccated thyroid,which consist of a combination of both.

Is this by Anthony Roberts?

I know he had a few articles on this topic and always told peole to use t4 not t3, but I never knew if his advise was hype or not.

I know he had a few articles on this topic and always told peole to use t4 not t3, but I never knew if his advise was hype or not.

I'm to what people think about this as well. I googled and heard good reports, but who knows if its really necessary. 100mcgs T4 seems to be the suggested dose.

It was Co-authored by him and Dr. Daemon. People like to bash Anthony Roberts on the boards but the guy isn't an idiot. I've actually spent a few hours with him over the phone and he knows his shit. That said T4 is the dominate thyroid hormone in the body. T3 is the more active, therefore T3 plays the primary role in regulating metabolic activity within the body. In normal thyroid function, T4 converts to T3 in the active form so I believe the logic below to be somewhat flawed.

Understanding the T3 and T4 Thyroid Hormones: Facts about Thyroxine and Triiodothyronine

Thyroxine-T4 Converts into T3

Thyroxine, known as the T4, is the one most abundant in the body representing approximately 80% of thyroid hormones but is also a precursor to T3. While medical research shows that T4 does have a purpose at the tissue-level, in regulating bodily metabolism, its other major function as a “prohormone” is to convert into the T3 hormone (triiodothyronine).

There are four iodine molecules in T4 but it loses one of the atoms (single element) of iodine from these molecules (combined elements), which is removed from its outer ring once converted into T3 which will then have three iodine molecules. The T3 it converts into is at least four times more powerful in spite of having one-less iodine molecule and is more active in regulating bodily metabolism. When looked at it from this point of view, T4 is less active, with the purpose of being on stand-by as a reserve hormone, to be converted into the active T3 as needed in the body.

Read more at Suite101: Understanding the T3 and T4 Thyroid Hormones: Facts about Thyroxine and Triiodothyronine Understanding the T3 and T4 Thyroid Hormones: Facts about Thyroxine and Triiodothyronine

Does anybody have any info they can post or links they can share on how to use something like T4 safely? From what I understand you can screw up your thyroid and become dependent if overused right?

T4 safer than T3. From what I have read the body will only convert as much T4 to T3 that is actually needed by the body....

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws