over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

So you want to be a bodybuilder?

I know you were not responding to my post but still. If you read my post and then look at your post .. a significant other does have direct influence on my life, meaning I would of course care if someone in my direct circle gambled my house away. If my neighbor gambles his house away, why would I gossip about it? Not my problem at all, same goes for the fact that I wouldn't gossip about things if he made a fortune playing poker. No direct influence on me -> no need to waste energy and let negativity get the better of me 🤙

It’s not about negative or positive... It’s just a conversation, I’m not saying you’re going to scream it from the roof tops and tell every single person you’ve ever known.. But you’re telling me if you were in your driveway and saw your neighbor weeping in his front lawn, his wife and kids leaving him because he lost the house on a bet etc you’d just walk in your house and not say a word to your wife or your family or to anyone ever? You’d take it to your grave? Lol You just don’t react at all to the world around you and live in your own circle of life and that’s it?

C’mon bro... :rolleyes:

It’s not about negative or positive... It’s just a conversation, I’m not saying you’re going to scream it from the roof tops and tell every single person you’ve ever known.. But you’re telling me if you were in your driveway and saw your neighbor weeping in his front lawn, his wife and kids leaving him because he lost the house on a bet etc you’d just walk in your house and not say a word to your wife or your family or to anyone ever? You’d take it to your grave? Lol You just don’t react at all to the world around you and live in your own circle of life and that’s it?

C’mon bro... :rolleyes:

There's a difference between reacting to it or simply acknowledging the fact that it happened (e.g. talking about it with your girlfriend, also talking to the hypothetical neighbor losing his house) or gossiping about it (at least to me there is a negative connotation to the word gossiping) and if you can't see that then I'm sorry. Just as much as there is a difference between spreading awareness of the risks involved in this bodybuilding endeavor, which is a good thing, and constantly trying to talk down on other people for their choices that do not concern you in the slightest personally 🤙

I'm all for being passionate about something, and setting goals that drive you on a daily basis.

BUT

I do roll my eyes when I hear about bodybuilders complaining about something. You do it to yourself. The sun will still rise, and fall everyday whether or not your egg whites get eaten or GH vial gets reconstituted for a second time today.

I personally hate the jabbing side of this sport; the cost, the health risks and the literal pain in the ass it presents.

Training is like being a kid in the candy store, and nutrition is fun to tweak and figure out once you get in line with your own body.

I should head to class now...too much babbling

There's a difference between reacting to it or simply acknowledging the fact that it happened (e.g. talking about it with your girlfriend, also talking to the hypothetical neighbor losing his house) or gossiping about it (at least to me there is a negative connotation to the word gossiping) and if you can't see that then I'm sorry. Just as much as there is a difference between spreading awareness of the risks involved in this bodybuilding endeavor, which is a good thing, and constantly trying to talk down on other people for their choices that do not concern you in the slightest personally ��

Well then maybe things are misconstrued in our communications.. I classified talking to your girlfriend or your neighbor or friend whatever as gossiping too.. I guess I meant more in the manner you just expressed it...

But do you think I’m talking down to anyone? Did I say anyone was a bad or stupid person for making the bodybuilding endeavor a passion to pursue? I said it’s unhealthy and I see more negative effects and outcomes than positive ones and I asked what makes a person pursue something like that? But I never spoke down to anyone or shamed anyone... It just comes off that way because whenever the question about the sport and endeavor is asked, the people take it as a personal attack on their decision and get defensive when it’s not personal, it’s a fact of the actual sport and the outcomes of the sport...

Last edited:
Well then maybe things are misconstrued in our communications.. I classified talking to your girlfriend or your neighbor or friend whatever as gossiping too.. I guess I meant more in the manner you just expressed it...

But do you think I’m talking down to anyone? Did I say anyone was a bad or stupid person for making the bodybuilding endeavor a passion to pursue? I said it’s unhealthy and I see more negative effects and outcomes than positive ones and I asked what makes a person pursue something like that? But I never spoke down to anyone or shamed anyone... It just comes off that way because whenever the question about the sport and endeavor is asked, the people take it as a personal attack on their decision and get defensive when it’s not personal, it’s a fact of the actual sport and the outcomes of the sport...

Yeah then we definitely have different interpretations of gossiping - maybe that's also because of how the word is translated into my mother tongue - miscommunications happen online. Sorry about that.

Well, not talking down per se, perhaps I didn't word it correctly. It's maybe more the way you formulate things, I just interpret them like you want to rub the dangers that come with each member's AAS use right into their face when they might well be aware of that or might just want to ignore that (not ideal, but who am I to judge?). We're all adults, I personally don't think we need to constantly be reminded of the the repercussions this "lifestyle" might or might not have. As long as people are happy with what they are doing and know that if anything happens, they can only blame themselves then I think that's all that matters. That goes for anyone doing anything that is dangerous and can have long-term repercussions. Wouldn't you agree?

I completely get what you're saying, and I really don't disagree. If I didn't have legitimate opportunities presented through competing, I wouldn't do it. I would just live the lifestyle, take a TRT dose, and go about my day pretty much exactly the same as it is now.

And as far as martial arts, I got burnt out. I started when I was 4 years old (slightly older than toddler ZK wanted to be a ninja turtle, lol) and continued with it through the first two years of college. People are free to call bs on me, but my entire martial arts career was spent training next to and with Pat Miletich. In high school I spent several nights a week training with his guys on take down nights and in college I competed in amateur MMA events in my area. He was literally the one that told me to find something else before I destroyed my body. It was the same for that sport though, I enjoyed the training by itself, and competed because I was decent by virtue of just really putting my all in to the training.

By no means am I saying bodybuilding was any better, and I honestly just kind of stumbled my way into the sport. Regardless, I think pretty much any hobby carries with it qualities that an outside observer would find ridiculous.

I get where you guys are coming from, but again to my very first post about this; you can love and be passionate about things that don’t fuck up your health permanently and have that accountability etc..

Zach you compare it to martial arts (which I’ve done through out my kid/teenage years and stopped in my early 20’s and am looking for a better school now) but again, there’s way more excitement in MMA, way more money, and even just doing it for fun (comparing to amateur bbers here) if you can avoid getting kicked in the head enough to get a serious injury, you’re walking away pretty much Scott free...

I think the amount of guys in MMA/Martial Arts who’ve died compared to bodybuilders is way less... And yea you have the guys who get unhealthy because of weight cuts, but that’s their decision not to move up a weight class, nothing to do with the MMA/Martial Art...

Shit, you can do BJJ for 25 years and still learn something new EVERY SINGLE SESSION.. It literally never ends...

Again, I’m just giving my opinions and don’t understand the bodybuilding side when it’s so boring, there’s literally zero money and your health is significantly involved negatively...

Yeah then we definitely have different interpretations of gossiping - maybe that's also because of how the word is translated into my mother tongue - miscommunications happen online. Sorry about that.

Well, not talking down per se, perhaps I didn't word it correctly. It's maybe more the way you formulate things, I just interpret them like you want to rub the dangers that come with each member's AAS use right into their face when they might well be aware of that or might just want to ignore that (not ideal, but who am I to judge?). We're all adults, I personally don't think we need to constantly be reminded of the the repercussions this "lifestyle" might or might not have. As long as people are happy with what they are doing and know that if anything happens, they can only blame themselves then I think that's all that matters. That goes for anyone doing anything that is dangerous and can have long-term repercussions. Wouldn't you agree?

No you’re right, I’m not disagreeing with you and I see how it can come off that way... It’s just that you also have to admit the same guys who are either aware of the risks or choose to ignore them being happy either way DONT blame themselves when something actually does happen and take accountability FOR THAT...

We’ve seen it almost weekly for a while now (probably a few years) that someone either has died, has a serious health issue or is asking for advice from everyone and their mother about their shitty blood work before it’s too late and they’re scared... And to me it’s like “Oh NOW you’re fucking scared?” It’s just frustrating to see I guess and I admit it might show in my responses.. Again I’m not trying to shit on anyone..

No you’re right, I’m not disagreeing with you and I see how it can come off that way... It’s just that you also have to admit the same guys who are either aware of the risks or choose to ignore them being happy either way DONT blame themselves when something actually does happen and take accountability FOR THAT...

We’ve seen it almost weekly for a while now (probably a few years) that someone either has died, has a serious health issue or is asking for advice from everyone and their mother about their shitty blood work before it’s too late and they’re scared... And to me it’s like “Oh NOW you’re fucking scared?” It’s just frustrating to see I guess and I admit it might show in my responses.. Again I’m not trying to shit on anyone..

Absolutely, 100 % true. And I see where you are coming from if I look at it from your perspective. However, and yes I know this might sound rude, but I personally don't feel pity if people do not blame themselves in case anything bad happens. Everything comes with a consequence in life and whatever decisions you make, be sure to be able to live with those consequences and accept them and don't go blame something else.

I can only speak for myself, but in regards to bodybuilding - I had regular bloodwork done before I even ever touched something AAS related, I donate blood every two months even though my hematology is always great and I take every precaution I can to mitigate the damage. STILL I am well aware of the risks involved and know that even the best precautions don't stop the damage. And if anything ever happens, I know that I decided to do what I am doing and am the only one to blame.

Last edited:
I just wasn't born with the genitics honestly!! I have been concidering possibly doing a master's comp though!!! Just have to see how plays out!!

Well maybe I am to old or just naive, but I started BBing in the early 70"s. Never heard of AS. I though it was about challenging yourself and improving. There was still a health aspect to it then. And I try to still carry that over today to at least some degree. I didn't touch any AS till after I hit my 40's and started TRT. Lifted ate and competed without ever using any PEDs. We all make our own choices and are responsible for where we are now. once we realize that other people and their issues are easy to deal with. If some one wants to give everything they have and do a butt load of drugs I am OK with that. But there is a good chance they a severely lacking in other areas of their lives. Because once you have given 100% there is nothing left to give elsewhere. I think people that moderate themselves and do well in all areas of life are some pretty strong people. Course I have not always fit that profile.

Last edited:
I admire guys that compete in bodybuilding. It takes a lot of self-discipline. For me.....I just like to lift weights, take moderate amounts of gear, and eat too much. Then when I get too chubby......I lift weights, take moderate amounts of gear, and swear a lot because I'm not eating as much as I would like to. No need for me to over think things the way I look at it.

You sound exactly like one of my training partners! lol

Doesn't compete, just likes to lift heavy, look halfway decent and eat. Complained all winter about not hitting 240, then the day he hits 240 he starts complaining about being fat and wanting to cut :rolleyes:

I admire guys that compete in bodybuilding. It takes a lot of self-discipline. For me.....I just like to lift weights, take moderate amounts of gear, and eat too much. Then when I get too chubby......I lift weights, take moderate amounts of gear, and swear a lot because I'm not eating as much as I would like to. No need for me to over think things the way I look at it.

I just really love lifting weights. So much so that most things during my day revolve around it. I really love lifting heavy. Love getting stronger. Try getting stronger on low-mod test levels and eating 3000cal a day.

NEMSZ not sure where you are going with this post. But bodybuilding working out are part of my life. If I was not able to work out I would not want to be alive.

I have not competed since the 1990s. Bodybuilding working out however you wanna call it is a lifestyle. I do not do it for anyone else other than myself. I feel I have awesome genes. But I hate the weekly shots. I skip my weekly before my meals or training.

I hate looking like the average person and can not stand the hypocrites who smoke drink eat like shit judging bodybuilders weather they are non competitors or pros.

Bodybuilding weather you are pro or gym rat is the fountain of youth. Yeah there have been some deaths in BB. But I believe thses people would have had health problems anyway. The lifestyle just fast forwards those issues.

But to each his own. I have worked in the medical field for over 20yrs and am so burned out of it my bodybuilding keeps me sane. To each his own. Mayb very well do another show one day just so I know I still have it. I love to show up those 20 yr olds and their video games.

Even with a torn rotator cuff would be fun. Hope you find what you are looking for in life. Find what passions and things make you happy. For me family, my dogs, motorcycles and bodybuilding are my life. MM

NEMSZ not sure where you are going with this post. But bodybuilding working out are part of my life. If I was not able to work out I would not want to be alive.

I have not competed since the 1990s. Bodybuilding working out however you wanna call it is a lifestyle. I do not do it for anyone else other than myself. I feel I have awesome genes. But I hate the weekly shots. I skip my weekly before my meals or training.

I hate looking like the average person and can not stand the hypocrites who smoke drink eat like shit judging bodybuilders weather they are non competitors or pros.

Bodybuilding weather you are pro or gym rat is the fountain of youth. Yeah there have been some deaths in BB. But I believe thses people would have had health problems anyway. The lifestyle just fast forwards those issues.

But to each his own. I have worked in the medical field for over 20yrs and am so burned out of it my bodybuilding keeps me sane. To each his own. Mayb very well do another show one day just so I know I still have it. I love to show up those 20 yr olds and their video games.

Even with a torn rotator cuff would be fun. Hope you find what you are looking for in life. Find what passions and things make you happy. For me family, my dogs, motorcycles and bodybuilding are my life. MM

I understand where you’re coming from;

I stated what I didn’t understand, maybe you didn’t read everything or only what you wanted to, if there’s something you want cleared up feel free to PM me and we can talk and have a realistic conversation about it...

I’m leaving it out of here to avoid further arguments as I’ve said all I needed to say here and got all the expected responses.

So like you said; To each his own..

Damn your thread was about the daily grind
and people just trashed it with a pointless
debate.

I’ve always felt a sense of irony. I actually
think this lifestyle is ridiculous In the sense
that, so many of my actions and so much of
my time is all centered around this one single
goal. And it’s nothing noble. I’m not saving
lives or changing the world. I just want to put
on muscle. And I as crazy as it is to calculate
all of your meals and train so hard and put
who knows what into your body. I love it and
I’m obsessed with it so I do it anyway.

Once in a while I have moments I take a step
back and wonder if it’s really worth it. When
just want to wake up without an alarm.
Lounge around and have a cup of coffee.
Get around to having whatever I want to eat
without making sure it’s a high protein high
calorie meal. Just go for a drive or do
whatever without worrying that alarm is
going to be going off every 3 hours and I’ve
got to have my meals figured out.

But it’s worth it because I love it. I love to
train. I love to see the changes and the
progress. I love the pump in the gym. The
feeling of repping weights I couldn’t even
touch when I started. I love walking in there
and forgetting about all the stupid shit going
on in this fucked up world and all that matter
is this set. This rep.

So do we do a lot of shit that might seem
crazy? 2x at the gym, the tanning routine,
the training, the aas, the food intake, the
stacks of supplements. Yeah. And there’s
levels to it and some of you guys pinning
multiple times a day and doing hgh and slin
and whatever else have taken it a step
further. So I’m sure it feels even a bit crazier
at that point. But really. You chose this. So
what else is there to say? We want the
results and we do what it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do what makes you happy. Just cause your not getting paid to do this doesn’t mean it’s a waste. So you like to spend your money on drugs and supplements and you like to train. If that makes you happy then good. Say you don’t and you choose to spend your money on nicer cars and buying nicer things. If that makes you happy then good.

Point is do what makes you happy cause you got one life and you have to enjoy it.

What a gambit in this thread. There is a range of folks that are called bodybuilders. Purists I guess means every second of every day is governed by bodybuilding. Some need to be on drugs from every angle of the anabolic axis al the time. So many factors involved. I started BBing in my teens in the 70s and played a bit with AAS starting in 1987. Very few cycles did I get to the high risk range. But I don't criticize those that do the whole gambit. It is a passion/obsession looking for improvements. No matter what the use, training and diet, pretty much everyone that does this is trying to improve themselves. I think it also transfers toothed aspects of life as well. I know a lot of bodybuilders that are way way above average in their productivity in their job/career.

I think one f the biggest tricks is to exercise restraint. Too much training, too much drugs, to much extreme dieting.. these are the things that impact health. Just enough and maybe you end up like some of the guys that live well into they 80s escaping all the heart, kidney and cancer disease we see in the community. Walk around at 5'7" at 300 lbs heavy on PEDs and dieting down to 245 on stage using another box of PEDs and then maybe you don't see your 50th birthday.

I stopped reading this thread. You have guys who have never competed going on about why others shouldn't and they don't see the point. Well that's because you don't have the passion for any of it. I don't even compete myself but I love the gym. I go the gym all the time and it's more than just physique results why I go. Many people out there think going to the gym is pointless too.

I get the competing side of things but even if I didn't I wouldn't go on about it. Guys go on about "but look at these poor guys with poor health due to drugs". The world is full of people who do and take dangerous things. AAS aren't even that bad but of course some guys abuse them and die young. Others abuse rec drugs. Other abuse smoking or even food and both are considered pretty normal in today's society.

Wage shouldn't come into things. Some collect stamps and spend a lot doing so. Many may think that is pointless but they aren't that person. It's irrelevant if your hobby costs or makes you money. The key word is passion and if some guys don't get that they never will. It's like going onto a street car racing forum and going on about why do guys race cars in the street as it's silly. Not everyone has the same passions in life.

Last edited:
I understand where you’re coming from;

I stated what I didn’t understand, maybe you didn’t read everything or only what you wanted to, if there’s something you want cleared up feel free to PM me and we can talk and have a realistic conversation about it...

I’m leaving it out of here to avoid further arguments as I’ve said all I needed to say here and got all the expected responses.

So like you said; To each his own..
Bro I think everyone gets your point. But your batching bodybuilders like it's a crime. I not disagreeing that the drugs can kill you. But tomorrow is promised to no one. People die every day of all kinds of things. Even people that never touched a weight in there life. Everyday you leave your house your at risk of not returning because you may die.drug addicts die every single minute of every single day but you don't hear about it like you said. But that doesn't change the fact that they are dieing. You can be a victim of gun violence, you at risk everyday you get behind the wheel. You said you like extreme sports right why you think it's called extreme? Because you can die from it. The plain your in can crash taking off, landing, or mid air. You parachute can not open or get tangled. Many things can go wrong but you still do it and take the risk right. So why you being so hard on bodybuilders. Do you even lift? Do you use or have you used steroids? If your answer is yes then your just a hypocrite. Because you can use just a little and it can still kill you. Your also in a bodybuilder forum what do you expect people to post specially to the op topic. Just let people people pick their own poison and don't judge them. That's why this world is fucked up like it is. Because everyone wants to be in others people's business and be judgemental. Do you walk into a McDonald's or burger King and start preaching to everyone in there that their stupid for eating that crap. That it's going to eventually kill them? Because that type of junk food will give you cholesterol, clogged arteries, stroke or heart attack. To break it down live and let live bro. Life is a bitch and everything can kill you even if you make the best choices in life.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner