over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Social media and transparency- unemployable

PRorER

Registered
Newbies
The other day at work me and one of my co-workers were talking about different fitness YouTubers and social media accounts we watch and got to the topic of influencers who openly show how they inject, vials, openly admit to AAS use, etc. Outside of professional bodybuilders, I feel like this is becoming more and more common with individuals 25 and younger. I’m curious if you think they realize the ramifications their actions have?

I’m gonna make 2 assumptions, the first being that 99.9% of them aren’t going to make an income off of their physique. While they may gain temporary views or clicks from catchy titles or videos, the majority will not become professional bodybuilders and will fall off over time. The second assumption is they will be unemployable, something about the fact that they are openly committing felonies makes me think that.

I’d make an argument AAS use is more socially acceptable than in previous decades, but still it is illegal(in most countries). To go off this I have two questions, has your AAS use ever affected your ability to get a job? I’d imagine if you’re somewhat discrete/not openly admitting to everyone it has not. And the second being do you think there is any positivity to transparency on social media?

The vast majority of companies big and small - I mean from worldwide enterprises to the plumber around the corner - don't have time to review your social media accounts so it's not an issue. This is also why everyone should be thinking of downstream impacts with anything the post online - a picture, information on this board, etc.

It's clear to most from my amounts of muscle mass and body fat that I use PEDs. It's never been an issue at a company or in a hiring process. The only comments I get are on what great shape I'm in. But it also subcommunicates hard work, consistency, goal setting, etc., which is always good for an interview.

There is no positivity to transparency on social media because there is no real transparency on social media. People show you what they want you to see. It's like all the influencers on their private jets who got caught at the local private airport paying for a one our photo shoot.

The transparency could be a good thing as a slow push towards turning over ridiculous laws that govern what we can or cannot do with our own bodies.

Unless you’re a teacher or wear a badge it shouldn’t matter as nobody is policing your social media pages.

I employ a lot of people and we certainly don’t do this nor would I want to. I like to let people live their life outside of work. As long as it doesn’t impact their performance or harm our brand it doesn’t matter.

Do I think it’s smart business for someone to be making YouTube videos talking about how much gear they use? Honestly, I don’t because nobody wins in that scenario, it’s a liability, people still won’t believe you and it’s going to cost you more energy than it’s worth.

Remember social media is not Professional Muscle. Two very different worlds. There’s a reason I’m not on it. It’s all smoke and mirrors. If you have that much time to be on social media posting 24/7… you’re probably not that successful. Just my 0.02.

The vast majority of companies big and small - I mean from worldwide enterprises to the plumber around the corner - don't have time to review your social media accounts so it's not an issue. This is also why everyone should be thinking of downstream impacts with anything the post online - a picture, information on this board, etc.
I guess I have a different perspective having to have gone through background investigations for employment. Never had anything come back from boards but I have been asked about social media posts
There is no positivity to transparency on social media because there is no real transparency on social media. People show you what they want you to see. It's like all the influencers on their private jets who got caught at the local private airport paying for a one our photo shoots.
This is very true, only the best gets highlighted

I guess I have a different perspective having to have gone through background investigations for employment. Never had anything come back from boards but I have been asked about social media posts

Background checks vary. I work for one of the big banks everyone knows and was thoroughly vetted, fingerprints and everything. They needed to clear a court charge I had from years earlier and I told the woman it was for possession of marijuana. Her exact words were 'I'm not concerned with that.' I had to get a sheet from the court showing a paraphernalia charge had been dismissed.

You mean "keeping it real" may have unforeseen repercussions? I'm shocked! lol I can't imagine this being any worse than all the folks sitting on alien dildos and charging $4.99/month for access.

One can assume it won't matter. Reality is that it may. Have a high level job, someone finds it and takes it to HR or makes it known (admitting to felony or demonstrating it on video). Not a good situation. I've seen a few social media things blow up on people. AI and facial recognition for future research or monitoring - high possibility.

I see no positive to the risk for my situation now or in the future. Others are free to do their own calculus and make their own choices accordingly.

Remember social media is not Professional Muscle. Two very different worlds. There’s a reason I’m not on it. It’s all smoke and mirrors. If you have that much time to be on social media posting 24/7… you’re probably not that successful. Just my 0.02.
Some would say they’re young entrepreneurs putting in work ;) very good point

I think it depends on the industry. If you are a healthcare worker, then you may be at more risk. You can get fired pretty easily by accidentally posting on social media (Patient info etc.). If you have a big social media with you injecting/talking openly then someone like a coworker reports, you then I can see issues arising. Especially if someone is already looking for an excuse to get rid of you.

Some would say they’re young entrepreneurs putting in work ;) very good point
Dude I have met so many of these poser “entrepreneurs” over the years. It’s never their jet, their car, and they’re blabbing about how to use someone else’s money. Different rant for a different day. 🤣

But seriously- we are mainly looking for felonies when we run background checks. Or say if someone has a misdemeanor for family assault that’s a no go. If it’s a position or responsibly we will factor in ones credit score.

Most responsible individuals in the workforce keep their social media accounts private so on some level it’s a dead end even trying to factor it in when hiring. In my experience those who are dumb enough to leave them wide open are usually not employees you want.

Dude I have met so many of these poser “entrepreneurs” over the years. It’s never their jet, their car, and they’re blabbing about how to use someone else’s money. Different rant for a different day. 🤣

But seriously- we are mainly looking for felonies when we run background checks. Or say if someone has a misdemeanor for family assault that’s a no go. If it’s a position or responsibly we will factor in ones credit score.

Most responsible individuals in the workforce keep their social media accounts private so on some level it’s a dead end even trying to factor it in when hiring. In my experience those who are dumb enough to leave them wide open are usually not employees you want.
Exactly - what they look for isn't the same across the board. At a big bank like mine they don't care about weed or a DWI, they're looking for theft, embezzlement, financial stuff like that.

Openly admitting to using illegal substances can affect child custody. Have a bitter baby mama and that’s the first thing she’s gonna use.

If i was to go off social media i doubt there are many people i would choose to higher after viewing their online content.

I own my business so not really a concern for me but my IG account has no reference to my real name or contact info. It would take facial recognition or some other type of real deep dive to connect me to it.

I don't think employers would be interested in forum posts but social media. If they have questions about some post you made on social media, it's a good thing to be transparent about it.

To me I watch what I say on SM and also stay far away from political or religious topics as never know who's watching.

If your embarrassed of using steroids or are trying to hide the fact you do them you probably need a different hobby or youl turn into Mike ohearn lol and this is one of many reasons I don’t go eat social media. This pro muscle is the only form I have. Everyone who knows me knows I use steroids and I could care less I’m mostly transparent about my use except to kids. I steer them in a different direction. I would never suggest to anyone to ever try or use aas. Not even to an adult.

I think it depends on the industry. If you are a healthcare worker, then you may be at more risk. You can get fired pretty easily by accidentally posting on social media (Patient info etc.). If you have a big social media with you injecting/talking openly then someone like a coworker reports, you then I can see issues arising. Especially if someone is already looking for an excuse to get rid of you.

Yea. HC is a different animal. I’ve seen residents and nurses get randomly drug tested after posting on social media with a high likelihood of being fucked up lol.

HC gives zero fucks when it comes to drug use.

Which is so hypocritical. Your doctor or surgeon, probably nightshift nurse is strung the fuck out on modafinil, adderral, whatever. Also, your nurse probably has an alcohol or benzodiazepine problem.

If you’re in the ED….if they are wearing a badge they will piss hot.

Because it’s required to survive that field.

Source: 12 years healthcare….recovered alcoholic, currently on modafinil 😂

If your embarrassed of using steroids or are trying to hide the fact you do them you probably need a different hobby or youl turn into Mike ohearn lol and this is one of many reasons I don’t go eat social media. This pro muscle is the only form I have. Everyone who knows me knows I use steroids and I could care less I’m mostly transparent about my use except to kids. I steer them in a different direction. I would never suggest to anyone to ever try or use aas. Not even to an adult.
That's a good reason to not attract attention and I also steer clear of PED discussions on SM. No need to advertise that on open SM platforms.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperAndy
NapsGear