over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Social Media is the biggest drug in the world

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Saw this posted over at reddit; and thought it was worth sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMotykw0SIk&feature=youtu.be&t=1282

This guy was one of the executives of facebook; and here he admits the kind of damage they unintentionally created by launching this type of concept worldwide.

I'm going to be honest; social media creeped me out even in high school; and I stayed off all forms (facebook, twitter, instagram) right from the beginning so I might not be one to judge it's use in society. I saw a bunch of nutjobs right in the beginning use it as their home base; I also saw the birth of a massive scale herd mentality starting to take place.

With that being said; it has for the most part destroyed the newer (my) generations ability to communicate and function in day to day life. People's attention spans are in the shitter, they can't focus for shit on one task; they can't even hold a conversation with a stranger properly.

I've had friends meetup with me, and check their instagram midway through a conversation...I'm sure many of you have experienced this too.

Just read this. Excellent article. Once you transcend and don't give a rats ass about what others think then social media is nothing but pure entertainment. Kind of like watching a train wreck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

This guy was one of the executives of facebook; and here he admits the kind of damage they unintentionally created by launching this type of concept worldwide.

They didn't launch the concept. MySpace and Orkut were doing the same thing.

But he's right. It's ridiculous.

how many here DO NOT have any social media accounts....????

:action-sm

They didn't launch the concept. MySpace and Orkut were doing the same thing.

But he's right. It's ridiculous.

Read what I wrote and infer the meaning. They were one of the first ones to fully globalize it; they wiped out other platforms in this regard.

Here I am arguing on another form of social media right after posting this...:)

Fighting "stupidity" by wasting your time posting negative replies to things you disagree with... Who is stupid in that equation?

Tenny.... I`m the guy with no social media accounts, unless you count this board. It`s quite happy on this side, come on over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a facebook with like 85 friends or whatever.. pretty much just highschool/college friends and family.

never had IG, snapchat, or anything else.

I know I've said this before, but I can't wait for the dystopian nightmare that will be the female population of the 'social media generation' turning 30-35. :eek:

Professional Muscle is the only ‘social media’ I participate in. (That is a free
plug Big A.) Do have a LinkedIn account for work but could not tell you how
to log-in it has been so long. Never use it.

Don’t own a smart phone. My wife says I am too dumb for a smart phone.
Do have a cell phone; old flip type with the texting turned off. The phone
costs me nothing. Would not have that if it were not for my film work. When
we have company over, all the phones go in a box at the door. They can pick
them up when they leave. Or don't come over.

Have not had a TV or watched commercial television for 23 years. First thing
my wife and I did when we got married . . . threw away the TV.

I don’t follow the internet news stations. Maybe hit the headlines (Goodle and
The Gaurdian) once every few days. I pay zero attention to the local newspapers.

I get all the news I want to get, can tolerate, via four magazines: The Economist,
The Times Literary Supplement, The New York Review of Books and the London
Review of books.

The most important cards in my wallet are my library card and my gym membership
card. Have zero debt. Pay cash for everything. Yes everything.

Fun to be with aren’t I?

I have a facebook with like 85 friends or whatever.. pretty much just highschool/college friends and family.

never had IG, snapchat, or anything else.

I know I've said this before, but I can't wait for the dystopian nightmare that will be the female population of the 'social media generation' turning 30-35. :eek:

You're right about that...and add a good percentage of the male population as well.

You're right about that...and add a good percentage of the male population as well.

normally I would agree.. but look at any 'instagram famous' woman's page... and what do you generally see?

ass pic after ass pic, duck face.. same banal horse shit on EVERY PAGE lol

a woman's value comes from virtue and beauty

a man's value comes from virtue, beauty, ambition, industriousness, etc. etc.

I can't put my dick in a chick's gender studies degree :eek:

the girl I visited in socal was literally hitting 'refresh' on her instagram every few minutes.. she asked me to take pics of her in the gym... and it legitimately took like 200 shots to get the one that was 'just right'

and she is a mild case..

so yeah, while men can age like shit if they don't take care of themselves... there's a reason Hugh Heffner had so many attractive young women around him...

and there's a reason why you don't see any old hens with a harem of young studs.. lol :eek:

Fighting "stupidity" by wasting your time posting negative replies to things you disagree with... Who is stupid in that equation?

Tenny.... I`m the guy with no social media accounts, unless you count this board. It`s quite happy on this side, come on over.

ohh I'm there....

TMT has a tweeter tho.....LOL

:)

Never had any. Aside from this board and some car forums...it's about all the interaction I have on the web aside from work projects.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Don't do the regular social media. I visit this and 2 other work out boards.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He's 100% right and anyone on social media with a set of eyes can see this. Facebook was GREAT in its initial stages when it was just pictures, a profile, and a status update. Once it turned into a platform where the entire population can interact over public articles and comments, is when it went south. Instagram is in the same boat. In the bodybuilding world, there is so much hate and confrontation being spewed as a result.

The problem is you HAVE to have social media to be a normal person in society today. I would NEVER delete my accounts because I would feel so disconnected from the world. It's become the top source of news and personal interactions. If someone is having a party, forget about hearing about it if you're not on facebook because you won't receive the invite on there.

It has created an epidemic of depression and confrontation between people. It has widened the political divide, and given every no name idiot a public opinion.

You can go out on a date with someone and have a great time together. Then if they see your social media after, they could find one or two pictures they don't like and you will never hear from them again. It's horrible in that aspect.

That being said, I use it properly so that it benefits me, but there are so many downsides. Simply not having it is not the answer for most people though. We have to adapt to the world.

Facebook and Instragram cause more relationship breakups than anything in world history!!!

I've broken up with two girlfriends over Facebook alone. Couldn;t stop talking to ex's and liking their photos. Playing footies online. Fuck that, dumped!

One girl I dated took it upon herself to delete and block any guy she had ever dated or been in a relationship once we got serious. I respected that girl big time. I never implied or asked, she just did it. She's been the only one though. All the rest, "cheat" via social media. And chances are your girls are as well. It just the way it is these days.

Facebook and Instragram cause more relationship breakups than anything in world history!!!

I've broken up with two girlfriends over Facebook alone. Couldn;t stop talking to ex's and liking their photos. Playing footies online. Fuck that, dumped!

One girl I dated took it upon herself to delete and block any guy she had ever dated or been in a relationship once we got serious. I respected that girl big time. I never implied or asked, she just did it. She's been the only one though. All the rest, "cheat" via social media. And chances are your girls are as well. It just the way it is these days.

sounds like someone hasn't read the sidebar :eek:

I have zero, no grown man should be on social media, they made it for woman and teenagers

if I don't have your phone number I don't want to talk to you or look at a picture of you, leave me alone

Last edited:
but please continue to use FB, I have a chunk of stock:D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner