over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Social media

Is anyone else just tired of Facebook, Twitter. Tictok, etc and dumbing down on society? I stopped using all of them.
personally i dont get much into that shit, i do get on fb from time to time, as the neighborhood i live in has a group and im a member, but that is about it, oh i was a member of what was billed as a bodybuilding group, but 90% percent of the peeps on there were dumb as a box of hair when it came to training and eating.

It is indeed proven by science that the more time you spend on social media, the greater your chances of being unhappy or even depressed are.

Stay away as much as possible people, it gives you a very skewed view of the world.

I'm a Communication Sciences doctorate so I know this shit all too well.

I only have an Instagram to keep in touch with folks in the Iron Game I've met over the decades (from the yearly AOBS strongman dinners) etc.
Even that is annoying.

I was just thinking how sick of FB I am at the moment. Its just useless. Its adds and dumb videos with no value. I'm ready to take a break as well.

It is indeed proven by science that the more time you spend on social media, the greater your chances of being unhappy or even depressed are.

Stay away as much as possible people, it gives you a very skewed view of the world.

I'm a Communication Sciences doctorate so I know this shit all too well.
I am on FB and SnapChat. Mainly to see pictures of the grandkids on a daily basis. I disagree with being on there making me unhappy or depressed. I shake my head at all the incredibly stupid posts, questions, bitching and laugh as I am reminded how great my life is compared to some of these miserable souls. LOL

I use FB to keep in touch with family and friends that's about it. Only groups I am in are local neighborhood groups where I grew up in. Twitter I just browse and pretty much shake my head at the dumb tweets lol.

Is a ‘forum’ considered social media?

Is a ‘forum’ considered social media?
You could argue that, but forums, like earlier versions of social media, are predominantly text-based. They force interaction because the platform is limited. Twenty years ago there was no point in being on ICQ or MSN if you didnt want to engage in conversation because that's all you could do. The problem came from Facebook and then Twitter, Instagram etc, which allows people to like and comment without actually having a conversation. It also became a massive circle jerk of who has the best pictures. This furthered the downward spiral of everyone comparing themselves to everyone else by the second and struggling with depression if their life isn't as great as another's.

It's just weird times, i have this weird feeling something massive is going to happen to us all, a great reset

I use facebook for marketing/promoting my business(s) AND as a photo album. thats really what it is to me.
my kids will be able to see my life with them as they scroll thru all the pics. i think thats pretty cool.

Only have Facebook...use it mainly for coupon codes & Mustang parts, lol nothing more.

I used to post relationship pictures, but not anymore. Ended up erasing them when we broke up. Last real relationship I was in, she understood this.

I am on FB and SnapChat. Mainly to see pictures of the grandkids on a daily basis. I disagree with being on there making me unhappy or depressed. I shake my head at all the incredibly stupid posts, questions, bitching and laugh as I am reminded how great my life is compared to some of these miserable souls. LOL
Haha, that's the way to go about it if you're going to use it ☺️

Best is to only friend/follow family members.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws