over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sodium intake

joos23

Sponsor Rep
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How much pink salt you guys use daily to help with water retention? I have only came across 1 article that says 3-4g and all the others say add to all meals evenly. Do you still add a teaspoon to your intra and just a smidge on all meals? I've never tried this to all my meals to see if it helps with the water I'm holding right now. I appreciate the help!

I get around 3g of added sodium per day , not counting what is in some other seasoning I use.

I do use Himalayan pink salt when adding salt to foods and I add about 1/2 a gram to my intra shake

Really a newbie question, but why would you add salt?

Really a newbie question, but why would you add salt?

Sodium has many positive things to add to body buildeing. It helps with muscle contractions , helps prevent cramps , helps cell volume , helps glucose transportation , and dozen of other things aside from it being essential in proper body function

Sodium has many positive things to add to body buildeing. It helps with muscle contractions , helps prevent cramps , helps cell volume , helps glucose transportation , and dozen of other things aside from it being essential in proper body function

I know Stan Efferding is a big believer in additional sodium. Especially if performance is your goal. I don't advocate as much as he does, but I don't restrict mine either.

I know Stan Efferding is a big believer in additional sodium. Especially if performance is your goal. I don't advocate as much as he does, but I don't restrict mine either.

I do,
and get it from SEA SALT, the one with Iodine.
200lb man, I would say get 8-10 grams daily.
Best supplement you can take to stay hard , full and get lean on positive calory intake.

What is pink salt exactly?

The only thing we use a pinkish colored salt for over here in Belgium is to get rid of the snow on the roads :D

I do,
Best supplement you can take to stay hard , full and get lean on positive calory intake.
Wow I had no idea salt had such an impact. Having heard all my life how salt impacts your cardiovascular system...

I heavily salt all my meals. About 6 turns on a salt grinder per meal. Also add about 2g to pre workout.

Why not pink salt?

Its too low in Iodine for performance enhancement purposes, although rich in certain minerals, Iodized Sea Salt is a lot more bang for the buck.

I do,

Hi Rogue. What does the iodine actual do? Is iodine naturally occurring in sea salt? How about those "table salt" that has iodine added? Good? Thank you in advance.
Take care.
MS

Hi Rogue. What does the iodine actual do? Is iodine naturally occurring in sea salt? How about those "table salt" that has iodine added? Good? Thank you in advance.
Take care.
MS

Excellent question.

Iodine is a mineral that is needed in the diet to ensure that the thyroid works properly.

Thyroid hormones play an important role in a wide range of bodily functions, including metabolism, bone health, immune response, and development of the central nervous system (CNS). Especially in the presence of PED's

Iodine helps convert thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) to triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4). This conversion is important for the thyroid to function properly.

An iodine imbalance can lead to an overactive or underactive thyroid.

Supplementing it from a natural source like SALT, will make sure that you arte NOT overtaking it, and meeting your requirements which are above those of common man, being a training athlete.
Also, the human nervous system communicates that much better in a mineral rich environment, remember electricity does NOT flow through decriminalized water. But when minerals are present, there is conductance... Your whole order and command center (BRAIN) communicates with the rest of the body, working muscles, nerves etc... based on electric impulses, better conductance, better performance, endurance and strength.
On a final thought, iodine deficiency is rare in Western nations. However having the right amount or a little surplus can REALLY make a difference in cultivating those gains.

After day 1 of increasing my sodium, I felt like a furnace all day. It's crazy!

Stick with the protocol and give your feedback in 1 month.
Its the best advise I can give you on a relatively inexpensive, yet highly effective supplement.

So those of you with high BP are still adding salt this high?

It doesn't make sense.

This can be catastrophic for you.

Please correct me here.

It doesn't make sense.

Please correct me here.

chipper.

Its easy to understand nutrition to get healthy.

Do everything that doctors tell you NOT to do.

Sodium, Saturated fat, Eggs, Beef.

You will feel the difference.

It doesn't make sense.

Please correct me here.

If one has blood pressure issues, kidney issues, etc., they should definitely be more careful with sodium intake. If you're otherwise healthy I see no reason to restrict it.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws