over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Soft drink makers new way to pitch their beverage

chainheart

Kilo Klub Member

Attachments

• mountain dew throw back.jpg
    mountain dew throw back.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 401
as I understand it, its a healthy decision.... if you study high fructose corn syrup and how addicting it is and is made from genetically modified corn and the cancer causing elements GMO's have.... I would rather drink sugar from sugar cane all day long.
-F2S

as I understand it, its a healthy decision.... if you study high fructose corn syrup and how addicting it is and is made from genetically modified corn and the cancer causing elements GMO's have.... I would rather drink sugar from sugar cane all day long.
-F2S

I guess, but at the end of the day, sugar is still sugar (disregard fruits) and it will kill you a lot sooner than you want it to. It's just picking the slightly lesser of evils.

-F2S

OT but, Insulin is GMO, and shit tons of pharmaceuticals. Blanket GMO statements are foolish I thinks.

Cane sugar or real sugar....your body doesn't know the difference stay away from both

Bad news either way sugar is sugar and leads to diseases. You guys see the new Pepsi bottle shaped like a dumbbell? Lol kinda funny

Bad news either way sugar is sugar and leads to diseases. You guys see the new Pepsi bottle shaped like a dumbbell? Lol kinda funny

Haven't seen this one yet. Will have to keep an eye out for it. Sad thing is a lot of average consuners will buy into that type of marketing scheme.

Haven't seen this one yet. Will have to keep an eye out for it. Sad thing is a lot of average consuners will buy into that type of marketing scheme.

Haha yeah I couldn't believe it. Quite stupid for sure but the bottle looked cool[emoji23]

The sugar alongside the citric acid they put in there, is horrible for oral health.

Sad part is someone less nutritionally "educated" will see that and say to him/herself " I can have as many as I want they are healthy now"

The sugar alongside the citric acid they put in there, is horrible for oral health.

Sad part is someone less nutritionally "educated" will see that and say to him/herself " I can have as many as I want they are healthy now"

The science of "marketing" is fascinating. You are dead on - and there are ALOT of those "someones" that you speak of. Arnold said 40 years ago that most men (and women) desire to be told what to do. I would best describe myself as a Libertarian - so this troubles me, but it does seem to be true.

If you state something enough times - with confident conviction - the public will overwhelmingly accept it as truth. Doesn't matter whether it is true or if it makes absolutely no sense at all.

sugar (carbs)=glycogen in muscle (strength, fullness, recovery) doesn't sound all that bad.....
-F2S

sugar (carbs)=glycogen in muscle (strength, fullness, recovery) doesn't sound all that bad.....
-F2S

Agreed. I don't get what the issue is with sugar in moderation. Yes, it can lead to diseases if it is abused. What do we drink during intra workouts? sugars..lol..

also, if I am going to write my congressmen, it isn't going to be about fucking soda and sugar. There are more important matters in America then a company using sugar in place of hfcs.

Last edited:
Type II diabetic here. I never do sugar, and I finally kicked the diet soda habit.

People don't have self control either way so it doesn't matter for the average person. But for bodybuilders or people who can actually handle a little sugar here and there it's not bad.

A lot of people switched to drinking Gatorade post workout because of the switch to dextrose(sugar) as the sweetener what would be wrong with having a Mountain Dew post legs or back or something? Granted your not dieting. I personally think switching to sugar is a good idea. I hate drinking shit with hfcs. Sugar and high fructose corn syrup are 2 completely different animals. I'll pick the lesser of the 2 evils if I have to.

I guess, but at the end of the day, sugar is still sugar (disregard fruits) and it will kill you a lot sooner than you want it to. It's just picking the slightly lesser of evils.

i agree ... sugar is sugar

and sugar is addicting in any form

Can't even remember the last time I had a regular soda it's been so many years. Just an occasional coke zero which I actually prefer the taste.

Cane sugar is much better than hfcs if you must compare. Hfcs doesn't trigger the same insulin spike that real cane does. Instead it tricks your body into thinking it's still hungry and unsatisfied. It keeps you coming back for more. That's the biggest difference I've read in deferent studies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every soda here, including Coke, Pepsi, etc, are sweetened with real sugar. Always been.

It's funny how every Brazilian who visits the US comments on how bad the sodas taste there.

I tell them it's corn syrup and they don't believe me.

Also funny how almost every non-american I've ever met think Dr. Pepper and Root Beer are the most disgusting things they've ever tried.

-F2S

There are ways to do the same thing without poisoning your health

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear