over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Some crazy DEXA results

Shelby

IFBB PRO / Double Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
August 2013 to February 2014.

He just sent me the stats - body fat in pounds went from 106 to 27.

His fat free mass, according to that chart, went from 176 to 220.

Attachments

• allan parsons trans front.jpg
    allan parsons trans front.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 571
DEXA results:

Attachments

• 20140218_164646 (1).jpg
    20140218_164646 (1).jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 590
What's even more incredible than this truly amazing change in his body composition is HIS FACE... he went from chubby to stud who could now be a teen idol... and that's meant to be a compliment! LOL! Great job! :headbang:

Excellent progress

Amazing transformation! I'm confused though. The guy lost about 80 pounds of bodyfat while at the same time gained 45 pounds of LBM in 6 months time?? What exactly was he doing? He doesn't look like he's 10% in that pic.

Amazing transformation! I'm confused though. The guy lost about 80 pounds of bodyfat while at the same time gained 45 pounds of LBM in 6 months time?? What exactly was he doing? He doesn't look like he's 10% in that pic.

Yah the numbers are not what I would have thought they would have been, but that's what the DEXA scan said.

Yah the numbers are not what I would have thought they would have been, but that's what the DEXA scan said.

As far as the body fat percentage results with DEXA testing you cant think of the results in the normal terms that we typically compare to appearance. DEXA is truly an accurate form of testing but since it is the only form of body fat testing that includes viseral fat it is an apples to oranges comparison in terms of what we think a person should look like at a certain body fat percentage.

I've experimented with this a few times and had up to three different testing methods done within the same day. My DEXA results typically come in at 3% under (too much anavar I think) other testing methods and my wife comes in as high as 10% over.

Dexa is great in terms of the details it provides per limb but I prefer BodPod testing in terms of the percentage, price and availability.

Last edited:
Just to add if you want to research this further, I think the terminology used is 3 and 4 comparmential type testing with the latter being for the inclusion of viseral fat testing in Dexa compared to other testing methods that only do 3 compartments.

Last edited:
What's even more incredible than this truly amazing change in his body composition is HIS FACE... he went from chubby to stud who could now be a teen idol... and that's meant to be a compliment! LOL! Great job! :headbang:

lol, thanks!

Life changing.

You have no idea!

Excellent progress

Thanks, you are a huge inspiration as well. I enjoy reading about your progress

He was obviously extremely dedicated.

Dieting hard for almost a year straight now, Never been more dedicated to anything in my life.

Yea, I thought the same thing. Guess I'm just using the DEXA to gauge my progress, but I wont stop until I have the look I want.

To give you guys a little more info. I started Dieting Mar. 1st last year, I was 355lbs, cut calories myself to too low of levels. But lost about 60lbs or so before I started with Shelby. I was at 39% BF when I started with him, I had to be close to 50% in March.

I wish I had taken a pic in March but was really embarrassed to. But to give you a better idea of what I started with I attached a pic that was taken last January.

With Shelby I have learned more than I ever thought I would. He is definitely a life changer for someone in my situation.

Thanks for the kind words from everyone, it just helps keep me more motivated.

I'm ready to get as lean as I can so I can bulk up again (the right way this time, lol)

Attachments

• old.JPG
    old.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 468
As far as the body fat percentage results with DEXA testing you cant think of the results in the normal terms that we typically compare to appearance. DEXA is truly an accurate form of testing but since it is the only form of body fat testing that includes viseral fat it is an apples to oranges comparison in terms of what we think a person should look like at a certain body fat percentage.

I've experimented with this a few times and had up to three different testing methods done within the same day. My DEXA results typically come in at 3% under (too much anavar I think) other testing methods and my wife comes in as high as 10% over.

Dexa is great in terms of the details it provides per limb but I prefer BodPod testing in terms of the percentage, price and availability.

I may see if there is a location near me that does BodPod testing.

You are right about the visceral fat, the doctor that looked at my DEXA scan said I had lost 35lbs of pure visceral fat from oct to January alone. That explained why I dropped nearly 4in in my waist but my weight didn't change much.

August 2013 to February 2014.

He just sent me the stats - body fat in pounds went from 106 to 27.

His fat free mass, according to that chart, went from 176 to 220.

Great job Shelby.

Is he a natural client?

You are right about the visceral fat, the doctor that looked at my DEXA scan said I had lost 35lbs of pure visceral fat from oct to January alone. That explained why I dropped nearly 4in in my waist but my weight didn't change much.

Yeah I researched the hell out of it after my wife went hysterically at her first dexa testing and they were rating her at 10% over where we thought she was in appearance. In appearance my wife was at 20% and it was rating her at 30%, she was balling her eyes out thinking she was in obesse catagories. We went right from there to our bodpod testing location and that put her at the 10% lower we expected. The doc at the bodpod place thought our comparison testing so interesting she had us do it serveral times and didnt charge us for the bodpod tests.

To search bodpod locations, check this link.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:

Just to add your weight not changing much has more to do with you have adding LBM at the same time as losing fat. Keep in mind though that weight addedd to LBM doesnt necessarily mean lean tissue but could also be the gain of water weight.

In regards to the visceral fat, my point was the BF% results don't match what we think of in terms of of appearance as a specified BF percentage.

With my wife it typically rates her much higher. With me and it appears you too, it gives us a much lower perctage rating. This doesnt mean its wrong only that it doesnt match the normal charts in terms of apperance.

Just to add your weight not changing much has more to do with you have adding LBM at the same time as losing fat. Keep in mind though that weight addedd to LBM doesnt necessarily mean lean tissue but could also be the gain of water weight.

In regards to the visceral fat, my point was the BF% results don't match what we think of in terms of of appearance as a specified BF percentage.

With my wife it typically rates her much higher. With me and it appears you too, it gives us a much lower perctage rating. This doesnt mean its wrong only that it doesnt match the normal charts in terms of apperance.

Yea, I meant to say because of the LBM gained. but still amazed at 4in lost in the waist with it. Thought about that after I wrote it, hah.

Either way, I'm not stopping until I get where I want. I've came this far, whats a little further right?

Yea, I meant to say because of the LBM gained. but still amazed at 4in lost in the waist with it. Thought about that after I wrote it, hah.

Either way, I'm not stopping until I get where I want. I've came this far, whats a little further right?

Definitely.

I know for me, a half inch lost/gained at the waist (naval) typicaly averages 1% lost/gained in body fat. So 4 inches lost would be a difference of -8% bf with me.

I know him personally. He has worked hard and stuck to his plan the whole time. Great work! Wish I had his will power!

Dexa results or no results it is absolutely clear you have made a huge transformation i bet you feel like your on top of the world. You should be very very proud, so many people complain and want to turn there life around, you are doing it through hard work and consistently pushing. Really has brightened my day up seeing this, as to many people are to weak to change there own life !!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws