over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Some old pics

Shelby

IFBB PRO / Double Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
The guy that just posted a thread about "worst genetics ever" got me thinking, so I dug up some old pics.

This first pic is me in 1997, after a few months of weight training. I was 20 years old. Not very good genetics for bodybuilding I guess, but I liked it regardless.

Attachments

• 1997 bodybuilding 3 months.jpg
    1997 bodybuilding 3 months.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 677
And these ones are from 2000 if I remember correctly. I had gained a decent amount of muscle by then and dieted down (I was crazy about diet and cardio) to see what I looked like. I think I was about 148 here.

Attachments

• bodybuilding 2000.jpg
    bodybuilding 2000.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 691
Omg! That's crazy Shelby. Can u post some side by side then and from your Pro win?

Man thats an awesome transformation mate:eek:

...and here you are today an IFBB pro, imagine that.:D

Wow - this counters Hernon's thread about guys getting their pro card. No one in the world would have looked at you in 1997 and thought you had a chance in hell of getting a pro card.

Quite a testimony to dedication and mind over matter. IMO

how about some small ones.. haha...

Attachments

• 10-7-12 8pm 229.4am 003.jpg
    10-7-12 8pm 229.4am 003.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 583
back

Attachments

• 10-7-12 8pm 229.4am 0012.jpg
    10-7-12 8pm 229.4am 0012.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 582
is that recent^^^ great thickness

Shelby, thanks for posting this. Goes to show what hard work, dedication and time can do.

See that's why Shelby is the people's champion, the people's pro. He just works hard, no crying or bitching about genetics. Sensible and level headed

is that recent^^^ great thickness

Yah, a couple days ago. Don't want to get much softer than this for the offseason... feel decent, having good workouts and slowly growing.

Shelby, love seeing where we come from...beginning till now - you have done great on your journey. Just for shits and giggles, this is a pic of me when I was 15 years, I could run like the wind then...cross country, wrestling, and track...those were good days too! I had my fro going as well at that age, I rocked it:headbang:

Attachments

• 15 years old (1).jpg
    15 years old (1).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 477
Shelby, love seeing where we come from...beginning till now - you have done great on your journey. Just for shits and giggles, this is a pic of me when I was 15 years, I could run like the wind then...cross country, wrestling, and track...those were good days too! I had my fro going as well at that age, I rocked it:headbang:

I think we know who wins the genetics battle here, my friend ;)

i like when the studs here post pics of themselves when they first started. i wish more of you guys would do this. it shows what hard work and dedication can achieve, and can motivate the young guns. especially the ones who think they have "bad genetics." even the puny kids like me can grow if they work at it.

Shelby...WOW! The result of consistency and perseverance can't be more apparent in your work ethic and what you have achieved.

Perhaps you posted this previously, but what sparked your interest in training and when did the switch go off that you wanted to compete?

Shelby...WOW! The result of consistency and perseverance can't be more apparent in your work ethic and what you have achieved.

Perhaps you posted this previously, but what sparked your interest in training and when did the switch go off that you wanted to compete?

I was never into sports or anything like that growing up. I was more into art, reading, writing, that sort of thing. After high school I trainhopped, lived in a cabin without running water or electricity, stuff like that (think anarchist vagabond... haha).
Eventually got a "real job" and started exercising just for fun and got into the magazines (All Natural Muscular Development, at the time) and was amazed at the physiques and what one could accomplish with the human body. So I started pursuing it for myself.
It took me about 7 years before I did my first show though, I got sidetracked with other things (travelling, powerlifting, etc.).
I've always just done it as a personal challenge. Never expected or planned to be a pro.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131