advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Some recent lifts, 720 Lb Squat & 425 x 3 bench press.

Powerbuilder

Registered
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0gAvn8-yfM"]Kevin OAK 720 Lb Squat & 425 Lb x 3 Bench Press - YouTube[/ame]

1 week out from RPS World champs, I planned on taking more time off before my next competition but I'm feeling good right now so might as well push for some good numbers.

The squats were a little iffy depth wise the 720 looked fine though. For the bench press I was just going touch and go the 425 x 3 was a new 3 rep max for me.

Wow, your squat is great! Great lift for no suit on, did you have on any briefs?

You also look fairly tall too. Only guy I knew that could lift that much or more was only about 5' 6" or so and competed in the 232 class, had legs as thick as tree stumps. Scary to think how strong youll be once you put on more muscle! Impressive.

Wow, your squat is great! Great lift for no suit on, did you have on any briefs?

You also look fairly tall too. Only guy I knew that could lift that much or more was only about 5' 6" or so and competed in the 232 class, had legs as thick as tree stumps. Scary to think how strong youll be once you put on more muscle! Impressive.

Thanks, I'm 5'11" weighed in at 237 right after the squats I compete at 220 though. I wasn't wearing briefs just regular nike half tights, the knee sleeves I wear are 2 ply though. They don't add as much bounce as full on knee wraps but probably around 30 extra lbs on your squat.

Strong lifts brother! Good luck at your comp and keep us all posted on how you do? Much respect.

Crazy. I'd never expect you to be that strong from just looking at you, but as always, the physique doesn't tell the story!

GJ

Thanks guys, looking to put up some big numbers next week. Just gotta grab the bar and do it.

Thanks, I'm 5'11" weighed in at 237 right after the squats I compete at 220 though. I wasn't wearing briefs just regular nike half tights, the knee sleeves I wear are 2 ply though. They don't add as much bounce as full on knee wraps but probably around 30 extra lbs on your squat.

Youre about the size I was but I'm 6 foot. You have natural strength in that squat that's just unreal. If I remember right youre young too, under 30 and not been serious at it very long? It looks like you have lots of room to grow easily. That guy I knew that was in the 232 class was doing around 850 lbs I think, but he was wearing a suit in competition and had been at if for a good amount of time. You will probably out lift him someday.

Whats your total? What can you do raw/unequipped with just a belt? Thats a serious squat.

I compete in raw. Just don't care to buy a suit. Where did you get those knee sleeves? How do they compare to wraps?

Enjoyed watching bro! Very impressive lifts!! Can you let me know what brand of knee sleeve you use and maybe a link to where I can get some? I been wanting to try them instead of wraps but didnt know which ones to order.

:headbang: on bro!

Crazy. I'd never expect you to be that strong from just looking at you, but as always, the physique doesn't tell the story!

GJ

True that.

Powerbuilder you are a true beast. Slow negative, lots of weight, and proper lift all the way. Keep up the strong lifts bud! :headbang:

Kevin be careful your gaining strength almost to fast an injury would be a major set back at this point! Exercise some patients cycle your training

Mladorf - I'm 27, I actually was a sprinter all the way through college so I've been lifting since I was 16 but I've only been lifting this style you could say for the last 2 1/2 years or so. I might squat single ply in a suit later this year if I can get comfortable using wraps and should probably be able to do around 850 who knows until you do it though.

anarcho - I totalled 1800 raw no wraps 3 weeks ago 675 squat, 450 bench, 675 deadlift. I should've done a little better mainly in the squat and deadlift it was the first time I've ever cut weight though and it definitely affected me substantially. Good learning experience though. In this vid the only support I have is the knee sleeves i'm not wearing squat pants or anything like that.

NPCS Finest - I use the elitefts super heavy knee sleeves I think they're double thickness, almost as good as wraps but not quite. I personally think more people should use them especially if they're not competing in powerliting competitions. They're easy to put on, don't hurt and still give all the benefits of wearing wraps.

Google - Thanks bro.

Capin - Always try to be, as is I'm spending a half hour warming up and another half hour stretching and rolling out and all of that on workout days. I've also added some mobility work that has helped out substantially over the last month and half or so.

I agree with capin on this.

Look at guys like wendler and Paul carter Brandon lilly etc.

They all state you want to be hitting training maxes which will always carry over to comp maxes.

For example that 720 max you could stick around 580-600 for strong smooth reps where there is no grind.

Ed coan never hit gym maxes and normally hit triples in the gym with sub max weights.

I know it seems counter productive but trust me if competitive powerlifting is your goal then maxing will be detrimental to your progression

Nice lifts. The second (heavier) squat actually looked better than the one before.

Good luck at your meet. Is RPS the only organization you lift in, or are there others as well?

Great work. Super strong... You can always get better... Cant wait to see you in a year!

Stupid strong bro! Wish my lower back could handle doing squats or deads

Ive benched 405 x 3 weighing 205 at 6'

Sorry for the late response guys, I haven't been by the computer.

Comedy Central - I agree with you on not going for training maxes that often. This was the first time I even walked out a squat in 4 weeks which I was I looked so unstable walking out I guess. For the guys you mentioned I will say however that they were and are guys that are deep in they're powerlifting careers and at a certain point when you've competed so many times there's pretty much no way you're going to be able to max out in training. Also training maxes do not always carryover to meets, when going for true maxes other weaknesses may come out that don't show at a lower weight. Also those guys don't say that early in their career, it's kind of the equivalent of when pro bodybuilders say how much weight you use doesn't matter but then they'll all tell you how they bench pressed 500 lbs or something earlier in there career. Different things make sense at different times.

Wanderer - Thanks, I was going off of my friends commands. On the 706 I accidentally popped up early, it's hard to break old habits.

Infiniti - Thanks

Dogma - Thanks

Toxic - Thanks, that's an impressive bench for a taller lifter.

Ryan - Thanks.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner