over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Someone closed the Elk thread .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read this...

**broken link removed**

Let's say for the sake of argument that hunting was not allowed. Now, all elk could run around unchecked, with one less factor to limit their population growth. What do you think would happen? Ever stop to think why there are specific hunting seasons? Would you rather see a very small part of the elk population taken by hunters, or a large percentage dying from starvation and disease? I love animals as much as anyone, but hunting serves a purpose beyond letting Jim Bob and Johnny Joe brag over their pictures with their hunting buddies.

Slaughter process for beef (warning graphic):

1. Shipped in.
2. Held in pens.
3. Brought to an area where they are stunned either by being electrocuted or having their necks broken. (This is not standard process everywhere in the world [I believe].)
4. Then hung upside down and have their throats cut to bleed out.

In a perfect world ALL of the animals raised for our consumption would be completely out before they are slaughter. And yes animals are very aware of the smell of blood and death.

Phidias said:
But all in all, killing FOR PLEASURE is not acceptable.

slaughter houses are killing for the pleasure of satisfying your tongue. it's no different. animal slaughter is animal slaughter. you think farm animals are killed any more humanly then that elk? they suffer just the same.

imho, there's more nobility in hunting the animal yourself rather then relying on the slaughter houses to provide you with the pleasure and indulgence of eating meat.

Kaiser said:
Take the elk on the other hand, I would have loved to have seen that animal walking, but because someone feels the need to have a trophy, they put it down. How many arrows do you think that huge animal took before it dropped? In the end I consider the human race as more of a virus to the earth than a habitant.

MAYBE THEY WERE JUST OUT HUNTING AND HAPPENED TO SEE THAT ELK....IT HAPPENS THAT WAY MOST OF THE TIME.

HOW MANY ARROWS? ONE. MOST OF THE TIME YOU DON'T GET A SECOND CHANCE.....IT'S NOT LIKE THEY STAND THERE AND WAIT AROUND.

I'VE SHOT DEER BEFORE ....FROM A TREE...WHACK...FLINCH...AND THEN IT STARTED EATING AGAIN...IT WALKED PROBABLY 10 FEET AND DROPPED.

NONE OF THE OTHERS EVEN KNEW WHAT HAPPENED.

NOT UNTIL I CHARGED THE GROUP OF DEER ...SCREAMING BLOOBY MURDER AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS....WIELDING MY KNIFE ...I SLASHED TWO FAWNS REPEATEDLY...MAKING SURE I CAUSED AS MUCH PAIN AND SUFFERING AS POSSIBLE. LOL...:)

JETHRO TULL said:
MAYBE THEY WERE JUST OUT HUNTING AND HAPPENED TO SEE THAT ELK....IT HAPPENS THAT WAY MOST OF THE TIME.

OK, maybe it was just how the media was presented that made my ears go up.

Kaiser said:
I see what you are saying OTH, but I disagree to some extent. Vestigial needs have been smoothed out and transformed over the years. Lets take in consideration rape. Men had the instinct to whack a female over the head and take advantage of her, but we all agree we should not allow this in this day and age. I look at it as human race refinement, but we haven't grasped refinement to the point of respecting wildlife. I have to tell ya, I hate to sound out of line, and this thread will probably get a little more engrossed after this, but I would rather hurt a human being (grown male with the ability to defend himself) than an animal. No problem at all. I once put a guy in the hospital for taking a cinder block and smashing a large turtle flat. Why would he do that? As a matter of fact, I look at things like this elk killing as taking something from my world. They took a magnificent animal out just for self satisfaction. OK, I eat meat like most, but there is a metered function for doing so. It's called a livestock farm. Keyword "livestock". They all look the same, there is an over abundance, and they are basically living food. Take the elk on the other hand, I would have loved to have seen that animal walking, but because someone feels the need to have a trophy, they put it down. How many arrows do you think that huge animal took before it dropped? In the end I consider the human race as more of a virus to the earth than a habitant.
Great post Kaiser that pretty much sums alot of it up.

LOL.

JETHRO TULL said:

NOT UNTIL I CHARGED THE GROUP OF DEER ...SCREAMING BLOOBY MURDER AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS....WIELDING MY KNIFE ...I SLASHED TWO FAWNS REPEATEDLY...MAKING SURE I CAUSED AS MUCH PAIN AND SUFFERING AS POSSIBLE. LOL...:)

LOL That was hilarious Jethro!!! I could just see you all painted up braveheart style coming up on those fawns...:D ;) :p

No problem with hunting.....Just make sure to kill it and eat it. If you aren's going to eat it then don't kill it.

I would have to about agree with you here. unfortunately it's true. I said this in the last thread. What man envies he destroys and you see it all over the world. Just look at the news. That Elk thread was a prime example. I bet that guy looked at the elk and said Oh my god that's the biggest elk i have ever seen! I have to kill it so the fella's can see this!
Kaiser said:
In the end I consider the human race as more of a virus to the earth than a habitant.

I LIKE YOU, KAISER....AND I DO THINK IT'S OKAY TO FEEL LIKE YOU DO.

Kaiser said:
OK, maybe it was just how the media was presented that made my ears go up.

MY MOTHER....WON'T EAT ANY OF IT AND DOESN'T LIKE HUNTING....AND I LOVE HER!!!! I COULD STILL HANG OUT ON THE BEACH WITH YOU AND SIMONE....SO DON'T WRITE ME OFF TOTALLY. LOL..

Damn Guys :p
I hate to be the asshole to delete or lock the thread But dont you guys agree
that this is getting nowhere?Ill save it for BiGA or one of the senior mods....
But I cant see this being here much longer the way its going.

Hey

Kaiser and V you both have dog's right?

Riddle me this.

Your dog is in the back yard... He spies a squirrel...He creeps up on it using the tree for cover....He pounces grabbing the squirrel in his jaw's squezing the life out of the little furry tree rat.... He begins to toss it around, prancing in the yard with its lifeless body swinging too and fro, he brings it to your feet as a trophy.... Do you kick your dog's ass?

Spiraling down, down, down.. Like a bi-plane with out a tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner