over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ...HOME GYM

hollaatyaboyy1

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
allright guys i just want to start off by saying im a hardcore gym rat by heart and lifting hard and heavy is in my soul but at this point in my life for personal reasons i can not go to the gym... i can only workout in the privacy of my one bedroom apartment. i have adjustable dumbells and a preacher bar... i also have a pull up bar for the doorway.. i was wondering if anyone knew of an all in once fitness machine like "bowflex" (heard it was made like shit) that i could pick up that would let me push myself at home....

before leaving the gym i was dumbell rowing 160 for reps... benching 315 for 3-4 reps......deadlifting 505 max. and squating 500 max..

i feel like i am lost and i dont know how long i will not be allowed to attend the gym but im going insane and feel so much softer..... if anyone has any advice for me please let me know.... stats. currently age:22... 5'8 194... 12-15% bf

Tough bro. It's not going to be the same. The bo flex will never give u a complete workout IMO. I had one and sold it. Lost a lot of money. If I had to get another home system I would probably get the total gym. At least u can use your own body weight instead of those weak ass power rods.

And if it's good enough for Chuck Norris

the total gym is the first thing i ever worked out with it wasnt too bad..... for the time i guess.... does anyone have any experience?

the total gym is the first thing i ever worked out with it wasnt too bad..... for the time i guess.... does anyone have any experience?

They are just OK. Nothing special. I would pick it over the bowflex anyday though. Free weights are your best bet. If you do go with one of these home units find one used,,,they are WAY overpriced new.

if your truley hard core your going to want something like the bodysolid pro smith gym or the likes.good luck.peace

im just curious why you cant got o the gym? did they kick you out?

i train at golds but i also have a full home gym set up and to be honest i think you can get a real good full body workout with the following.

power rack
adjustable bench
oly bar and plates.

most power racks have chin bars.

you can do everything in the rack, set the pins to any height and train every lift.

military press
bench/inclines etc
put two lengths of 2x4 across the rack and do dips etc.
squats
rack deads

list goes on and on.

failing the power rack go for a powertec bench with pulldown attachment if room permits

what i really wanted was a power rack but its way too big i cannot fit that or a smith machine.. and i really cant go into the reasons why i cant go to the gym but .. for now its an impossiblility ...... thanks for your help guys... maybe ill just buy some more free weights

go to a different gym, don't waste your money

if you cant fit power rack in get half rack which is like squat stand but with adjustable catch arms.

not trying to be a smartass or anything but why not go for the lean muscular look while you can't go to the gym. i hear fantastic things about the P-90 X program. if you are consistant and use it with intensity you will look pretyy darn good. when you can get back to the gym your numbers will come back quickly.

WHAT!. DONT ANYBODY LISTEN TO THE OLD SCHOOLS ANYMORE OR WHAT?HE CANT GET OUT OF THE HOUSE PERIOD EXCEPT TO GOTO WORK AND SUCH PROBABLY .COME ON GUYS USE YOUR HEADS.BRO CHECK OUT THE BODYSOLID PRO SMITH YOU WILL LOVE IT!!! BY THE WAY YOUR WELCOME.PEACE:star-:ars

I have powerblocks that go up 140lbs., an adjustable bench with attachments, a rubber coated olympic set at home for days I can't get to the gym.It takes up very little space and can get a great workout when needed.

When my son was born a few years ago I built up my own home gym in my basement. Spent about 5 Gs on it, all in all. A complete Body-Solid home gym with dumbells, squat rack, bench, adjustable bench, cable cross over machine, dip stand, etc etc. It was great for a few years, but working out at home is just not the same as working in the gym. Maybe some people have a different opinion about it, but being in a real gym with other people is just different. More motivation when you have ALL pieces of the puzzle, i.e. equipment all there, along with other people.

Check out the Body-Solid line. Most of their stuff is made to fit into your home and relatively easy to piece together.

If you want to have the basics I would NOT go with one "all in one" home gym, but rather:

- Squat rack
- adjustable bench
- barbell
- weights
- dumbells

That way you can at least squat, bench and deadlift. And with the adjustable bench and dumbells you can also work shoulders, do flys, work triceps with skull crushers, etc etc. You can even work your back by lying on the bench face down on a slight incline.

Like I said, the routines with that equipment WILL get old sooner or later. But it is much better than nothing, and you will definitely stay in decent shape if you train 3 times a week.

if you cant fit power rack in get half rack which is like squat stand but with adjustable catch arms.

This, plus your dbells, an adjustable bench and maybe some blast straps can be enough to maintain. I would also make peace with myself and be happy with what I can do, think at it this way: "hey even when shit hit the fan and there is no way to join a gym I can still train, lets see how good I can get with this" maybe it´s time to go for a leaner more athletic look, maybe hit training because you don´t have time, maybe going to 20 plus rep sets so you don´t go broke buying plates... dunno, just sit down and make a plan, what can you do with what you have, what results can you expect and what results are going to shoot for? Once you get to the reasonable outcome you expect out of this just go for it and quit worrying.

IronMind, assuming you have the $. Pick up a pair of the Vulcan squat racks. Add the attachment for bench spotting.

Then you just a barbell and plates. Craigslist, play it again for good deals on used.

Splurge, buy a pair of 45lb bumpers - that way, if/when you drop on the floor, you'll hopefully save the floor a bit.

I agree the number one place for used equipment is your local craigslist. However if your bedroom is your new gym it's going to be difficult to ever move the pounds you say you were doing in the gym. I suggest you do like one person suggested P90X plus what training you can do. If you are really 12 to 15%bf you have room to drop so weight while spending evening hours at home.

I have been training at home for almost 20 years. However I have a 15 x 30 foot basement loaded with free weights and the equipment the guy sugested for home training. So, it can be done. You are just going to find it hard to load up all that weight in an apt bedroom.

Make the best out of the situation you find yourself in. Learn from it and never put yourself in that position again.
It's a new year just around the corner.
Best of luck,
K

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views