over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Someone tell me I'm not crazy...

Aikman56

Kilo Klub Member
So I'm making the change to fully following Mountaindog's training and dietary principles. That's not the crazy part.

In making the changes to my diet, I've purchased all of the supplements that I'm going to need and this includes doing something that I swore I'd never do.

John recommends specific types of protein and carbohydrates for his intra-workout nutrition, and if I'm going to be in, I'm going to be all in, so I purchased 5 lbs of Casein Hydrolysate. Until this very moment, I SWORE I'd never spend that much ($28 per lb.) on protein powder.

SO...someone that's doing what I'm going to begin next week please tell me that it's worth the cash.

I'm not cheap, but good GOD my wallet is kicking me in the nuts right now!

Also, for those that have used it, how much are you using during your workout? Standard 40-50g?

Okay, frantic post over!

It is pretty crazy TBH.. That being said I'm taking 40g PeptoPro with 90g Vitargo intraworkout, and that's like 5$ a pop..

I bet in 3 months you won't look back. Your doing what you gotta to take it to the next level. It's like gh, it just becomes part of your out goings. I said the same about amino acids and protein powder but now I follow dat's cpwo protocol I use l luicine and peptopro as there pretty key to optimising results and I find ways to afford it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

since everyone is different and responds differently why dont you go through your 5 lbs of it and decide for yourself if its worth continuing or not? I personally have never used it and wouldn't spend that kind of money, but then again John is the guru not me haha

I'll definitely be montoring my progress closely to see if it is indeed worth the expenditure.

If it doesn't blow my skirt up after a few months, I'll go back to cold filtered WPI.

Thanks for the input guys, interested in hearing more.

Think of yourself like a race car...What fuel you put in your body determines just how elite you will be...

For a base lifter, I don't think any of the stuff you are doing is necessary, but for a competitor or someone who truly wants to compete it is...

Gotta spend the money, food and nutrition is the key..In all 4 sports I have competed in, Strongman, Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, Highland Games at the end of the day..Nutrition is the most important factor..Even if my training slacks and my diet does not, I still improve (though this is not the goal)

I know if I get stuck, plateau, etc, it is one of 2 things. I am hurt, or just cannot afford all the supplements/food/nutrition to break through it.

Your body is an investment. Never feel ashamed at how much money you put into it, afterall you rely on it for all that you do. If you have the money to spend on it, do it.

And that's the way I'm looking at it...I'll let you guys know how it goes!

**broken link removed**

Start with 20g intra-wo. 40 to 50 is a lot. I would only go up from 20g if you are still noticeably sore after workouts for several days. I use 50g karboload/20g peptopro so it's only like 2.30 or so per shake.

Start with 20g intra-wo. 40 to 50 is a lot. I would only go up from 20g if you are still noticeably sore after workouts for several days. I use 50g karboload/20g peptopro so it's only like 2.30 or so per shake.

Thanks for the input. I just read a post by John Meadows and he gave similar advice to start low and slowly increase and that once the soreness subsides, you've reached your optimal dose.

I remember reading that you use humapro only.

Why does john recommend casien

I remember reading that you use humapro only.

Why does john recommend casien

It's not regular casein, it's a hydrolysate.

As for the why:

"What are protein hydrolysates?
Literally the word hydrolysate means 'the product of hydrolysis'. Hydrolysis is the chemical process where a substance, in this case protein, is broken down into smaller units. Thus, a protein hydrolysate by definition is 'a mixture of amino acids prepared by splitting a protein with acid, alkali or enzyme'. Hydrolysed proteins are equivalent in nutritional terms to the original protein they were derived from in respect of their amino acid composition, but their structure is broken down making them more readily digested and absorbed. Even the primary structure is damaged resulting in short chain peptides, known as oligopeptides, including di- or tripeptides which are two or three amino acids in length, respectively."

I have been using Humapro exclusively as my protein supplement, but technology marches on and the man that thinks he knows it all stops learning anything!

AFAIK this is the same thing as peptopro. It does help with recovery no doubt and you don't seem to need much

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

i have a feeling it doesnt matter THAT much.
genetics, diet, drugs, workout, whether your meat is grass fed or not or isolate or casein prolly pretty far down on the list as to what makes you a chamion bodybuilder.
however, to be your BEST and at ELITE level its prolly a good idea to invest heavily in anything that will give you an edge and/or keep you healthier.
-JS

Last edited:
I would continue to follow his advice. These guys are at the top for a reason, they know how the body works..

Follow the advice. My supplement bill rose dramatically this year as well, but I don't regret spending a penny of it.

Are you working with John? Or just following what you have read?

I’ve been working with John for the past 12 weeks now. Cutting. at 245 lbs now. At the moment i’m a 20g pepto and 70g vitargo on my bigger workouts.

I know how exactly how you feel. The stuff is damn expensive. Normally I wouldn’t be stuff this expensive. I used to get amused by crossfitters and their Progenex is the only way to go... .yeah yeah.....just another scam...

But I actually think I will continue using there products. I really do feel that I’m benefitting. My DOMS is now lesser than before and thats quite impressive considering how intensity of Johns programs. I’m losing fat and getting a fair amount of good carbs in the peri period. It’s excellent. Especially having also tried to do MTD-training in a keto state. The program in itself is maschocistic enough in itself - in keto it’s just torture...

John also advocates for really high quality iso. 2nd time around I’ve chosen to cut a corner here. Budget is super tight, so I’ve chosen something less expensive, which i haven’t regretted at all.... I do think you can be able to cut some corners regarding both foods and supps and get away with it in a decent manner.

But regarding Hydro whey and cassein and karbolyn/vitargo I wouldn’t be happy not have having these.

Last edited:
Until this very moment, I SWORE I'd never spend that much ($28 per lb.) on protein powder.

That sounds a little crazy to me.
If you can afford it and think it will give you an edge, then go for it, you're not crazy.
For someone like me that isn't competing and tries to save as much money as I can, it would be crazy to spend that much on protein when I can get extremely high quality protein from whole foods for a fraction of the price.
I can see the appeal because of the convenience of powders, but even then you can get very high quality powders for 1/3 of that price.
Even for someone competing at an elite level, I don't think the protein source (when comparing the high quality brands and varieties out there) makes that much of a difference.

Are you working with John? Or just following what you have read?

Right now, I'm just doing my best to build a program based on his writings and responses to Q&A's.

I recently relocated and am interviewing for several positions. As soon as I have secured a job, I'm going to hire him. Technically, I can afford it now, but I don't think it's very fiscally responsible to put out that kind of cash with nothing coming in.

Soon though, my friend. Soon...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Urs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity