over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

somersault squats for more quad sweep?

well i tried them , got looked at like i was raping the neighborhood cat.!!

i honestly didn't feel them as well as when i do single leg presses on the machine varying my foot angle

maybe they work for him , personally it was a pain in the ass to try to do alone and had no benefit for me

at least you tried......:(....lol

I'm not even gonna waste my time trying these....
nothing beats hack squats....

Dante posted this last year.

and did everyone talk shit, or did they say it was a brilliant idea because he posted it?

Looks like a great way to tear up your lower back. Seems similar to doing sissy squats . I would just do sissy squats.

I didn't feel these on my lower back in any way at all... Perhaps using superheavy weight might do that...

at least you tried......:(....lol

I'm not even gonna waste my time trying these....
nothing beats hack squats....

Beat me to it, at least he tried, the advantage that I have is that I go to the Y and everyone there does stupid shit... There are a lot of crossfit athletes doing all types of circus act lifts... I guarantee that these will catch on once they see me do them... In fact, I'm going to find some incredibly stupid shit to do, (like that guy who used to jump up and down on the triceps push down and cross his legs between reps)

just in the name of research to document how many of them copy exactly what I do...

Ehhh I'm pretty skeptical when I see something like this... Like people are trying to reinvent the fucking wheel all the time.... Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoy a crazy leg workout that Meadows makes up because it works but this ehhh.... I feel like my knees and lower back would hate me for days after this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Professional Muscle mobile app

My sweep is the only nice part of my quads.

135 lb squats, 4 sets 20 reps with 30 second rests, followed by leg extensions super set with lunges.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I didn't feel these on my lower back in any way at all... Perhaps using superheavy weight might do that...

Well, that is good to know. Just from watching the video it looked like being bent over like that was asking for problems. I suppose it might only be a problem if your low back is already screwed up like mine is.

Have you ever tried doing weighted sissy squats? I wonder how those compare to this. Certainly more comfortable and seem safer to do.

Well, that is good to know. Just from watching the video it looked like being bent over like that was asking for problems. I suppose it might only be a problem if your low back is already screwed up like mine is.

Have you ever tried doing weighted sissy squats? I wonder how those compare to this. Certainly more comfortable and seem safer to do.

I'm willing to try anything, I just can't go that heavy... I have the cornea transplant and I had both knees repaired when I was in my 20's... I was still squatting after that, everyone thought I was nuts, but now that I'm older I'm not as reckless...

Attached is a picture of me at 19, I had much bigger quads than I do now, but I wasn't as lean... That was only squats and deadlifts...

Attachments

• meat193.jpg
    meat193.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 575
My sweep is the only nice part of my quads.

135 lb squats, 4 sets 20 reps with 30 second rests, followed by leg extensions super set with lunges.

I got out of breath just reading that... I've done as much as 25 reps with 225, but only one set... I used to do the supersquats program, but that was a sonovabitch! always out of breath, lunges really wear me out... I always had trouble with breathing... I would've been a world champion boxer had it not been for that, I had the power, speed and a chin, but my cardio was for shit! No matter what I did, it was shit... I was born with an oversized heart, that might have something to do with it...

yea they definitely don't put any strain on your lower back at all

I got out of breath just reading that... I've done as much as 25 reps with 225, but only one set... I used to do the supersquats program, but that was a sonovabitch! always out of breath, lunges really wear me out... I always had trouble with breathing... I would've been a world champion boxer had it not been for that, I had the power, speed and a chin, but my cardio was for shit! No matter what I did, it was shit... I was born with an oversized heart, that might have something to do with it...
I should note my right knee is shot and I attribute it to my 4 sets of 20 squats twice a week....

I should note my right knee is shot and I attribute it to my 4 sets of 20 squats twice a week....

Well that's not super encouraging... But seriously, I'm training legs tomorrow morning, I am going light all week, because I'm dieting pretty hard, I can do light weight high reps, i'll give it a go... I'm going to incorporate some of these, weighted sissy squats like Mal suggested and a few hacksquats...

At least this gives me a few more options, not much equipment at the gym I go to right now, but it's close to my house and I don't have a lot of options right now, since i'm swamped with work now until probably fall...

Last edited:
what about lower back pump....???

Mine was already pretty tight from squats and I only did one set of these well only 8 reps before I gave up , I didn't notice any difference really. Maybe had I done more it may have tightened up more.

I saw a guy that had middle back surgery doing squats once standing on two boxes. He placed two 24" boxes about a foot apart , had a weighted dip belt around his waist and he would squat over the crack in the boxes letting the weight lower between them. That might have the same effect as "somersault" squats

i always just felt no one has control over how the leg will
develop.....or any muscle for that matter...

i never did anything special for a quad sweep and mine are
probably my best body part....i never had HUGE legs...but the sweep
made them look huge front the front....

i will say i never really do anything leg wise with a wide stance...
just doesn't feel right to me......wider stance hurts my hips...

so maybe that's something

I agree with you to a point, that may be true for other bodyparts, but I believe that it is possible to build more sweep... The quadriceps muscle, is made of four muscles... See the pic attached, show the vastus lateralis... I think that the reason people's legs develop differently is because perhaps a certain muscle may be stronger than the other for whatever reason... So my theory is that by isolating that muscle giving it more work, then it's possible to build it... OR instead of doing these as finishing exercises, do them first, to pre-exhaust the later muscle, then go to squats...

Just a thought, i'm going to give this a try, I also have a few other ideas of my own that go against what a lot of people believe about training, dieting in general, I'm going to experiment on myself in the next few months, see what happens...

Here's another video...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeHs1HRFtes"]How to Grow Huge Quad Sweeps (How to Grow Big Legs, Vastus Lateralis Activation) - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• quad.jpg
    quad.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,500
Last edited:
Looks like a great way to tear up your lower back. Seems similar to doing sissy squats . I would just do sissy squats.

I was thinking this reminded me of something but I couldn't place it - sissy squats. I used to do those all the time.

I tried doing them after reading a post by Scott S
Mehhhhhhhh really wasn't worth the trouble at all... and well my legs are my best "asset" just doing the basics... no need to reinvent the wheel

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131