advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

something i am not understanding about Nationals !

wakejump4me

Registered
i thought that you have to qualify to get there and enter . i thought you have to win ''certain '' shows to be qualified or eligible etc....
someone please clarify , because when looking at this ...................

**broken link removed**

whats up with that ? just curious .

wake

Well wake, alot of rinky dink local shows are natl' qualifiers and the TOP TWO in each weight class of an open division qualify. Do they belong there if you are 1st place in a class of 1? You decide.

well, before things turn into the wrong direction i want make my question more clear .

i just thought that at the national level you kind of look like a National competitor . i know that things can go wrong in terms of not peaking at the right time/looking smooth etc... but wouldn't you still look like you belong on a national stage ?

P.S. i didn't know that any show is a Qualifier , thanks for letting me know .

wake

I have no idea what national qualifying show that fella won.

One thing is certain....just because you qualify...doesn't mean you are ready to compete at that level. Not saying anything bad about the gent in question.

Not just ANY show is a qualifier.

well, before things turn into the wrong direction i want make my question more clear .

i just thought that at the national level you kind of look like a National competitor . i know that things can go wrong in terms of not peaking at the right time/looking smooth etc... but wouldn't you still look like you belong on a national stage ?

P.S. i didn't know that any show is a Qualifier , thanks for letting me know .

wake

When you enter the show...the flyer will tell you if it's a national qualifying event.

Something else to consider is this...........

People will tell you a bunch of shit you want to hear. They will tell you to enter in a national show ect when you have no business being up there.

I look at it this way..........

If you win your class you turn pro. Can you honestly look at yourself and then look at the mags, videos, or better yet see a pro in person, and be able to compete against that pro or pros and be COMPETITIVE?? Most likely the answer is no.

The guy could be from a small town and he just happen to enter a Nat qualifier and get 2nd out of 2 or something. Not everyone wants to hear the truth but it needs to be said. You need to hear where you need to improve and in my opinion not everyone is cut out for this sport. Phil may seem like he is talking crap to certain people sometimes but honestly he is looking out for your best interest. Good, honest feedback is what you need and you won't end up shaking in your boots when you have to weigh in behind Ed Nunn or Liberatore.

The guy could be from a small town and he just happen to enter a Nat qualifier .......................

there are quiet a few others , he was just the first who i found in the Papparazzi section .

anyways , i don't want to insult anybody becasue i picked his picture etc... as an example . i found my answer in regards to who is qualified to enter and i thank you guys for clarifying it to me . i don't mind if it ends here . :)

wake

yah but there are always a few people in every show that dont belong. at nats usas etc maybe a few per class but it probably gives them a good wake up call. oh shit I just spent a few thousand dollars flying out, preping etc. then got absolutely nothing out of it. no callout, no recognition nothing.

I say oh well if they have the money to enter and are willing to give it a shot. let them do it and get demolished. It only makes the real top notch competitors look that much better standing next to a guy at 12%bf.

Man, you guys all approach this wrong ...

Not everyone competes to beat the next guy, a lot of people compete to bring a better package than last time, to better themselves ... maybe, even though that guy knows he ain'tgoing to be Ed Nunn, he wants to see what national level judges have to say about him. Cut him a break, he didnt ask for our critiques.

Yeah, I just got home from Pre-Judging and there was at least one guy in each class that stood out like a sore thumb - flat out just dind't belong on that stage!

When you enter the show...the flyer will tell you if it's a national qualifying event.

This is very true. I qualified to go but im sure as hell not ready. this kid will learn that very fast when he places in the last 5! but more power to him to gain experience and have courage to get on that big stage

i thought that you have to qualify to get there and enter . i thought you have to win ''certain '' shows to be qualified or eligible etc....

**broken link removed**

wake

I tried my best & had a lot of things going on. My girlfriend left me & I was shredded a week out. MODs please deleate all my posts because I don't want to be a part any more. This was my home but you all make fun of me.

**broken link removed**

wake

Maybe he was the only one in his class ...lol

This is very true. I qualified to go but im sure as hell not ready. this kid will learn that very fast when he places in the last 5! but more power to him to gain experience and have courage to get on that big stage

X2;)

I tried my best & had a lot of things going on. My girlfriend left me & I was shredded a week out. MODs please deleate all my posts because I don't want to be a part any more. This was my home but you all make fun of me.

don't get so defensive. take some constructive criticism.

first, you were not shredded a week out. the majority of the guys who post on this site compete and will tell you that. stress will mess with your cortisol levels and cause water issues but your conditioning may have been lacking a bit to begin with. the stress only exasperated things even more in terms of the showing you made on the day of. accept that you could have been leaner and work harder for next year.

secondly, you lack the muscle size to be fully competitive on a Nationals stage- dude- this is the big time- a shot at a pro card. your lower body especially your quad sweep and calves needs to be addressed. you have good upper body structure that needs refining, but holds potential.

keep training and addressing those areas you fell short in- use the pics of other guys in your class as a yardstick for where you have to be in terms of the size and shape for your next outing. formulate a plan of attack, take some time to make the adjustments you need and come back and try it again.

but don't get hurt or defensive when someone questions your conditioning- in all the years i have seen wake post he has never attacked anyone. it was a legitimate question, after all be objective and look at the other competitors in the show- how do you feel you compare. being honest with yourself is the first step in taking your physique to a more competitive level.

best of luck.

BFU

Last edited:
I haven't followed amateur bb'ing in several yrs but I decided to take a look at the pics from this years Nationals. Not taking anything away from any of the athletes but what has happened to bb'ing?

With the exceptions of a handful of guys everyone else either didn't dial it in or had some sort of imbalance physique wise that left me thinking wtf!

I started following the sport in the early - mid '90's when guys like Hernon, Newman and Titus were competing in the NPC. Guess we were all spoiled back then. :cool:

I haven't followed amateur bb'ing in several yrs but I decided to take a look at the pics from this years Nationals. Not taking anything away from any of the athletes but what has happened to bb'ing?

With the exceptions of a handful of guys everyone else either didn't dial it in or had some sort of imbalance physique wise that left me thinking wtf!

I started following the sport in the early - mid '90's when guys like Hernon, Newman and Titus were competing in the NPC. Guess we were all spoiled back then. :cool:

I think it has to do with the ebb and flow of any sport. We were spoiled with guys like you said (Hernon and Newman) in the mid 90's and Wheeler, Levrone, Coleman, just before them. 1990-95 was the most talent riched era in the history of the sport.

Before them we basically had Haney (Gaspari and Labrada being a distant second) and not a real competitive era in the 80's.

The Coleman Mass phenonmina hasn't really helped the symmetrical pleasing physique, but I think (hope:D ) the next wave of greats is just around the corner.

P.S. Nunn looked pretty damn special last night

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity