advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

something ive noticed about the pros....

Pheedno and Swifto......question

Why do you get so incredibly dehydrated after deep tissue massage? Does the human body raise temperature and try to rid itself of toxins thru sweating/urination? I find myself constantly trying to hydrate the rest of the day (and I am a guy who takes in alot of fluid a day regularly) but I almost have to double it after deep tissue massage.

Depends on how much circulation constriction someone has. Larger muscle groups receiving poor blood flow(from knots, tightness, trigger points, etc.) that get worked on efficiently ultimately increase blood and water circulation. You have the increase in water volume needed(which is small) and then the increase in demand by the body with the increased circulation.
The more a person is massaged, commonly, the less this happens(dizziness, too)

As for the dizziness. It's been several years since schooling so I'm nt as crisp on my functions, but..
I recollect it mostly because of flow control of the lymphatic system. Any deep work done throughout the body will have the pressure forming within lymph glands that can excrete waste products(which will be filtered by the liver and kidneys for expulsions). Increased demand for water(from this as well as what I mentioned above) accompanies a chemical change in balance.

I also always seem to go to the bathroom in a spectacular way after a massage.

question for the guys who know alot on massage and how it is used among bodybuilders, would massaging yourself have any benefit at all? obviousley it is nothing like a professional doing it (cant afford massages right now), but say after an arms workout i really beat up my arms massaging them, really dug in,,,for however long need be (an hour, two?)....would doing this over time give me any additional growth? biceps and triceps are very small body parts, obviousley you couldnt do back, but wondering if you could get your own results on smaller bodyparts if you really put time and effort into it.

Thanks for a lot of the information here on the thread. I'm gonna try to look into a few areas now....my body needs it majorly:(

Gonna check out that machine too, thanks DC:)

I am a huge fan of ART!! It has greatly helped come back from a ruptured L5-S1 disc that left me with horrible Sciatica in both legs( Couldnt lift my legs more than 10 degrees without serious discomfort). Now Im pretty much pain free with no limit in range of motion and Im able to do everything I used too. I was going 3 times a week for Serious ART in my Hams, Glutes, Calves, Quads, it hurt like helll but it did the job! Now I swear by it I still go every two weeks for Maintenance and a Full body massage.

I was just wondering though, would there be anytime that a massage could negatively impact you muscle wise? Say if you worked legs out hard Tuesday and Wednesday you got a deep tissue Leg massage? Still beneficial or could it inhibit growth at all? I would think it would only help growth and recovery but, im just curious.

A kickass deep tissue massage therapist that beat the crap out of me....in fact im going to say that some of the best advice Ive ever gotten was from a guy I actually trained Dusty Hanshaw.....when he suggested I start using the Muscletrac.....and I have and i dont use it like they recommend to (lightly)...I beat on myself with this thing on the bodypart that I just trained...and I have gotten black and blue just like Jay in this video.

Ive always been a huge believer in extreme stretching but ive done it for so long now that Im tapped out on it....Ive gotten as much as Im going to get from it even though i will continue with it...but since ive started deep tissue massage and ART regularly and this muscletrac device to take it up a notch....my arm size and shape have increased noticeably....and i thank Dusty Hanshaw for that tip. (But not the black and blues i sometimes get).

Its of my opinion that if you really get a good person working on you (and thats key) that you can take a new stepup in size if you really work this genre (massage, ART, muscletrac) consistently.

but dont take my word for it..... I am asking you to try it yourself and see the difference 6 months of consistent work by (someone who knows his/her shite) and has you grimmacing and shaking while they are working on you.....that will prove it more than me telling you

I own the marathon stick, but it seems to do little more than help usher toxins and lactic acid (useful yes, especially during sport seasons, but has had no effect on really breaking up scar tissue)

**broken link removed**

Would the muscletrac basically act as an upgraded version of what I own?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear