something thats been bugging me

b-boy

IFBB Pro / Quadruple Featured Member/ Verified Cus
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
ok i know this is sort of a silly thread but i really have been thinking about this lately and i don't understand why people get angry.

ok here it is.... when phil hernon ask's for someone to post a pic to show how what they believe is so good or so right has been working for them and what progress their experimentation has brought them... why do people get so mad at that? hell even at day one on this board if i were to disagree with phil and he said post up a pic and lets see how it has worked for you i sure as hell would have posted up a pic, i know i could never compete with phil he is just one of those freaks, but i sure as hell would not hesitate to post up my pic to show how my beliefs has worked for me, I would then ask phil to post up 5 or 6 of his guys and lets see how his methods compare. why does everyone blow a fucking gasket when he ask that???? I a lot of times when someone is just so hell bent on a certain method, or supplement, or whatever would also love to see how that certain method or whatever has worked for them, if you are a 130 lb sissy boy then i will just shrug off your belief and methods, but if you are one impressive built mofo, then i will sure as hell pay closer attention and keep a very open mind to what you have to say.

sorry for the stupid thread, but i swear it has been bugging the shit out of me why people get so offended, fuck if you are mr. know it all or you are the end be end of fucking knowledge then lets see how it has transformed you or any one you have worked with.

Last edited:
ok i know this is sort of a silly thread but i really have been thinking about this lately and i don't understand why people get angry.

ok here it is.... when phil hernon ask's for someone to post a pic to show how what they believe is so good or so right has been working for them and what progress their experimentation has brought them... why do people get so mad at that? hell even at day one on this board if i were to disagree with phil and he said post up a pic and lets see how it has worked for you i sure as hell would have posted up a pic, i know i could never compete with phil he is just one of those freaks, but i sure as hell would not hesitate to post up my pic to show how my beliefs has worked for me, I would then ask phil to post up 5 or 6 of his guys and lets see how his methods compare. why does everyone blow a fucking gasket when he ask that???? I a lot of times when someone is just so hell bent on a certain method, or supplement, or whatever would also love to see how that certain method or whatever has worked for them, if you are a 130 lb sissy boy then i will just shrug off your belief and methods, but if you are one impressive built mofo, then i will sure as hell pay closer attention and keep a very open mind to what you have to say.

sorry for the stupid thread, but i swear it has been bugging the shit out of me why people get so offended, fuck if you are mr. know it all or you are the end be end of fucking knowledge then lets see how it has transformed you or any one you have worked with.

because this is the internet...where EVERYONE knows EVERYTHING and is the BADDEST mofo in the world....or at least the baddest mofo behind their own keyboard!hah

i agree to a point, but someones build isnt always indicative of their knowledge level. there are many people in this sport who know their shit but may not look the part. "post pics" is sometimes just a distraction from the logic of a debate.

Last edited:
well...
there are a bunch of people who posted pics of their improvements after being asked to... although they didn't turn into ronnie coleman, they still made some improvements to their physique when compared to what they looked like before, yet still they were flamed by MANY people...

the same (or opposite) can apply to someone who has been eating pizzas, donuts, and hitting each muscle 3 times per week with 80 sets and makes great improvements... will posting a pic prove a thing?

I have no problem posting pics myself... but i've seen some people who have actually made improvements get flamed to shit for not turning into a monster within 6 months of trying their new method in training or dieting... that really discourages people. and most of the times, we know no one can make obvious improvements (to others) in a couple of weeks... i sometimes see people asking for pics just to start flaming... and IF thsoe pics really are impressive, the same people who asked for pics would probably say one word or nothing at all and disappear from that thread, jump on another thread and do the same thing over again.

Here is the problem

This is a bodybuilding board.............if you are going to act like you are a bodybuilder............then SHOW US THE MONEY. I dont need everyone to look like MR USA or MR AMERICA...........but when you constantly switch trainers and micro manage every thing in your life and over analyze evrey macro nutrient and hit every angle of every exercise and enter every show around you.........and I ask to see a pics to prove you wrong , you better produce............maybe it would enlighten you as to your dillusions.

But

i agree to a point, but someones build isnt always indicative of their knowledge level. there are many people in this sport who know their shit but may not look the part. "post pics" is sometimes just a distraction from the logic of a debate.

A picture shows a lot........it shows that if you act like a bad ass bodybuilder and challenge guys on here at a national level you better show us that SOMETING is working for you...............or you have no cred.

I actually get it. If I say i can get leaner then most doing a certain supplement, maybe I should show before and after pictures. You can be a rocket scientist for all I care, but if you don't apply it to your life, what is the point you are making?

A picture shows a lot........it shows that if you act like a bad ass bodybuilder and challenge guys on here at a national level you better show us that SOMETING is working for you...............or you have no cred.
and there it is! LOL..very simple put up or shut up!

Yes

I actually get it. If I say i can get leaner then most doing a certain supplement, maybe I should show before and after pictures. You can be a rocket scientist for all I care, but if you don't apply it to your life, what is the point you are making?

Exactly! I can honestly say I have NEVER started an argument on here where I asked for a pic first before someone acted like a know it all or a jackass.......some of these guys deserve to be asked........ it ends the BS right now

I don't want to get into an argument or debate, I don't have the energy. I am a big Phil fan but along with reasons given above the only things I can think of is that doesn't Phil not put up current pics of himself? Also, and i may be wrong again here but, isn't Phil a big proponent of genetics being the #1 most important thing in how u look. If I am correct and Phil does think this than, what do pics prove? How good someone's genetics are or how good their diet and training are and who can tell the differance? Unless we can get a dna sample along with blood test that tell what and how much they are taking along with the pics. Plus its the whole bb attitude of optimism about how good we are gonna look in a few months but, setbacks always seem to happen, so we never get there, so pics never go up of this theoretical best shape version of ourselves. Can't really get inside someones head and know why they do or don't . And if I wrong about what I think Phil has said I appologise and if I'm right; no disrespect to Phil or the non-picture putter uppers.

Good point!

I don't want to get into an argument or debate, I don't have the energy. I am a big Phil fan but along with reasons given above the only things I can think of is that doesn't Phil not put up current pics of himself? Also, and i may be wrong again here but, isn't Phil a big proponent of genetics being the #1 most important thing in how u look. If I am correct and Phil does think this than, what do pics prove? How good someone's genetics are or how good their diet and training are and who can tell the differance? Unless we can get a dna sample along with blood test that tell what and how much they are taking along with the pics. Plus its the whole bb attitude of optimism about how good we are gonna look in a few months but, setbacks always seem to happen, so we never get there, so pics never go up of this theoretical best shape version of ourselves. Can't really get inside someones head and know why they do or don't . And if I wrong about what I think Phil has said I appologise and if I'm right; no disrespect to Phil or the non-picture putter uppers.

You are correct o nall. Think about it this way.
1. Great genetics make everything you do come much easier/faster.
2. People with this ability can quickly find out what works and what does not work.
3. If you spew about something working better than something else and you have a MR USA or a NATONALS winner saying the opposite because he has done both, what PROOF do you have about your argument?
4. Again, if you fight over theories......make us a believer.............go for it, we have open minds.........show us a new way.

Haha I loved it when you (Phil) called out that guy when he was rattling on about the Molecular Structure of the Myostatin Upregulation at the 46 day..blah blah blah..needless to say he didnt post any pictures. Honestly, if you ask me to post pics, its a shot at my manhood. You are calling my bluff..im posting a pic or never returning :D

Hahahhahha

Haha I loved it when you (Phil) called out that guy when he was rattling on about the Molecular Structure of the Myostatin Upregulation at the 46 day..blah blah blah..needless to say he didnt post any pictures. Honestly, if you ask me to post pics, its a shot at my manhood. You are calling my bluff..im posting a pic or never returning :D

Well ,I am past my prime...........MANY on here have GREAT physiques but I KNOW what worked for me.........I have posted enough pics of myself.......I dont want to see myself anymore, its nothing special trust me, hahahahhahha......its time for the new guys........and dont need to point out who the new guys are and who the frauds are.........pictures do that.

Everyone is saying if you don't have a world class physique, then your ideas dont mean shit, tainted logic there. Why? for instance one person could rave on about their unique training and nutritional philosophys, and post up pictures and look like a real champion, but in reality he just has great genetics, trained and ate like every other pro, and is now trying to make his own mark, maybe for profit, or maybe for personal recognition.

Thank you for noticing! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I think many of us forget how insecure most people are in this "sport" of ours. The majority of the people on this thread are pretty well-sorted with their self-image and are comfortable with themselves, while also seeking improvements - no matter how small. But so many others have egos of crystal and need to continue the self delusion to protect themselves. I'm not making excuses for the behavior, as I don't agree with it fundamentally, but I think it is a root cause for the over-blown reactions.

Everyone is saying if you don't have a world class physique, then your ideas dont mean shit, tainted logic there. Why? for instance one person could rave on about their unique training and nutritional philosophys, and post up pictures and look like a real champion, but in reality he just has great genetics, trained and ate like every other pro, and is now trying to make his own mark, maybe for profit, or maybe for personal recognition.

I don't think anyone is looking for a world-class physique when they ask for pictures, but we are all tired of fat fucks who just finished "bulking" and doing 2g of gear asking for opinions and subsequently arguing with people who actually know what they are talking about.

Question

What are your reasons?

Nice

I don't think anyone is looking for a world-class physique when they ask for pictures, but we are all tired of fat fucks who just finished "bulking" and doing 2g of gear asking for opinions and subsequently arguing with people who actually know what they are talking about.

Norweggian should read this...........over and over

Yeah, I see that so much on here. Youd think they would be grateful to get advice from someone with more knowledge and experience but all they do is argue with them. they wont listen. Makes no sense. Why come on asking for opinions if youre not going to listen to the most knowledgeable guys? Great point you make.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws