over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Something to keep an eye out for, needle shortage

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For the first time my health insurance company has a shortage of needles and cannot fill my prescription. Not sure how widespread it is, but my company is one of the largest in the US. Might want to stock up if you can. The guy I talked to on the phone seemed to think it is because so much of the steel is being used to administer the covid vaccine.

For the first time my health insurance company has a shortage of needles and cannot fill my prescription. Not sure how widespread it is, but my company is one of the largest in the US. Might want to stock up if you can. The guy I talked to on the phone seemed to think it is because so much of the steel is being used to administer the covid vaccine.
The place I order from online hasn’t had anything in a 23x1.5 or 25.1.5 in two months now. everything is gone

It was a matter of time with all the vaccinations around the world. I’m surprised that it hasn’t happen sooner.

This was a thing here in Japan a few months again and it was affecting vaccine rollouts. Seems to have self-rectified.

My local source was impacted as well and for a while could not get Terumo product and had to go with Chinese product.

Time to start hitting up my cat's vet! Luckily I have a few stored up for times like this so Im ok for now. Going to need more soon though. Im worried it could get worse. Without needles, my testosterone is useless. I use 23 g 1 inch

The BD 1ml luer-lock(my favorite) definitely has a shortage, I had to go with the Excel substitute; which is fine but definitely does not have the quality(but saves you a bundle) so that is good!

Max

Just buy em online. Cheaper anyhow.
I'd not be surprised if they run out too. Maybe it's mainly just BD? Has anyone had trouble getting brands other than BD?

Reactions: XXL
Yea but for the cov shot it's a slin pin they use from what I've seen

Yea but for the cov shot it's a slin pin they use from what I've seen
I think its the raw material they use to make the steel needle. The surgical steel, or whatever it's made of. So the length and gauge doesn't matter.

Also, as I remember, the needle is much thicker than an insulin needle. Not huge, but not insulin pin like. I had the shot. I'm pretty sure it's water based, but not 100% sure.

I can’t believe how there’s a shortage on almost all things. I’m over it.
It's nuts. Silicon chips still that way. I know a guy that works at Subaru and they closed down for another week again. They can't get chips.

It's nuts. Silicon chips still that way. I know a guy that works at Subaru and they closed down for another week again. They can't get chips.
Everything cost an arm and a leg. You can’t find anything a more so they jack up the price. It’s only going to get worse.

I just bought 200 and 4 boxes of slin online
Ok. If this continues with my insurance, I will look at other avenues. May check out local pharmacies too.

Reactions: XXL
Everything cost an arm and a leg. You can’t find anything a more so they jack up the price. It’s only going to get worse.
I sure hope not. Thankfully lumber is down now, but I think homebuilders are keeping their prices high still. As long as folks continue to buy things at high prices, I think it continues.

I hope not too. Inflation is going to kill us all…..not to get off topic. The bad thing is it’s really going to hurt everyone.

In the past I experienced testosterone cyp shortage buying from my insurance. Others on her reported issues too. Now it's the needles.

I'm starting to think my insurance's pharmacy sucks at getting stock. I've got another med that they can't seem to get, so I have to go to a local pharm for it. That drug was experiencing a world wide shortage. It's essential for my heart rhythm too, so vital. That gets scary.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws