over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SOMETHING WE ALL STRUGLE WITH

LOL

I just need a little more muscle and less fat. Other than that, Im GTG!

yup. i been saying that for 10 years:D
-JS

We strive for perfection, though we know not everything will be perfectly as we want it. I, myself, am pretty happy with my body. sure there are improvemnents I'd like to make, but I also know that with those imrovements...I'll want to improve something else. So, I will try and try, and be happy with what I have done so far while still focusing that I train simply because I love it.

Not meeting our expectations for our body. I know we all think, thought, etc....that this venture would be a LOT easier.....but the reality is that we all are the one at the dance alone......we never are quite satisfied with how our body looks or how our bodybuilding goal was never attained. Like Maldorf said in another thread, you MUST come to grips with how you look and LOVE it.......ACCEPT it......you are YOU and no one else.........so do your best and rejoice............because there are a lot of peeps hurtin in this world.

One of the best posts I ever read. Unfortunately, this is easier said than done for myself and others like me. The demand for excellence and the unwillingness to accept less can drive us to be our best, but it is also a curse that renders us unwilling to accept the realities of age, injuries, and genetics. At 57, I frequently curse myself for not making the most of my peak growing years.

i can honestly say, that the first show i ever did i was very impressed by how i looked. i didn't know i could look like that. and having a perfect score made me feel even better. at that moment i was pleased. not satisfied but pleased.
i have been chasing that feeling ever since.
all i do now is focus on improvements. but that first show was the best. i had no expectations. nothing to compare myself to. no measuring stick. now i wanna keep out dioing myself and it gets harder and harder as time goes...
-JS

After wanting to be big in my 20's, then getting fat in my mid 30's, to now be at about a 32" waist(up from 29" at my leanest). I just want to look good, be heathy, and have fun with my family. If I want to take the kids for pizza, I am not going to deny myself,but I try to eat about 80% clean. I think its about balance. Especially with your loved ones. I will never let working out get in my way of important things like I did in my 20's and early 30's. Thank god, my wife gave me another chance because being big want keep you warm at night.

FYI. GH and peptides have turned out to be a great help in my life for fitness in my late 30's.

Not meeting our expectations for our body. I know we all think, thought, etc....that this venture would be a LOT easier.....but the reality is that we all are the one at the dance alone......we never are quite satisfied with how our body looks or how our bodybuilding goal was never attained. Like Maldorf said in another thread, you MUST come to grips with how you look and LOVE it.......ACCEPT it......you are YOU and no one else.........so do your best and rejoice............because there are a lot of peeps hurtin in this world.

Good topic ... and great reminder. Are we ever really satisfied with our bodies?? :( I was just looking at old pics and thinking I looked good in them ... but at the time, I thought I looked like crap. It's so easy to get caught up in the "could I be better?" and the "I'm not good enough" mindsets, and forget to really appreciate other things in life. Why is it so easy to be hard on ourselves and so difficult to love and accept ourselves just the way we are?? :rolleyes:

Yes

Good topic ... and great reminder. Are we ever really satisfied with our bodies?? :( I was just looking at old pics and thinking I looked good in them ... but at the time, I thought I looked like crap. It's so easy to get caught up in the "could I be better?" and the "I'm not good enough" mindsets, and forget to really appreciate other things in life. Why is it so easy to be hard on ourselves and so difficult to love and accept ourselves just the way we are?? :rolleyes:

We spend so much time trying to be better, trying to improve, trying to be perfect..........when we finally get CLOSE to it, we see that we are now OLD.......hahhahahh........hence the unattainable strugle

For me coming to terms with it came via a near death experience...those oif you on dats board can read about it in my depression thread there. Once you have truly been close to death, the perfect physique becomes kind of silly. I still love to train but i don't put it before my family and try to keep myself involved in other things. before i got sick its ALL i cared about and i really thought it was that important.

well said. it took me 20 years to figure this out. sometimes i see a huge ripped bodybuilder and look in the mirror and say "whats the point" or "i quit cause i will never look that good or big". I really now just compete against myself sort of like i started with a certain genetics and improve from there day by day......
come to terms, you should not want to be anyone else but yourself...

For me coming to terms with it came via a near death experience...those oif you on dats board can read about it in my depression thread there. Once you have truly been close to death, the perfect physique becomes kind of silly. I still love to train but i don't put it before my family and try to keep myself involved in other things. before i got sick its ALL i cared about and i really thought it was that important.

Man, I was there with you too. I thought like that too before my heart attack. Its funny how fast you life can change.

I can relate...I'm time bomb ticking, one day I know I'll pay hard for what I'm doing, but I've no wife/partner, no kids, no financial security, not much of anything, the only thing that gets me attention is the fact I'm in ok shape, & I party fking hard...superficial attention for sure, but it's better than none at all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity