over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Soooo... I joined Planet Fitness

If they have a fart alarm that detects sulphur you better believe I’d set that sucker off. 💨 🚨

I bet those suckers drive away your cat too?

Many people from these forums wouldn't even be allowed in, they will turn meatheads away like a homophobic baker turns away gay couples. And of the people who would get let in, most would get kicked out.

I was a 310lbs professional strength athlete for about 2 decades, and currently walk around at 265lbs (retired). Never had any issues at all. Of course I don't go in there wearing a stringer tank and sunglasses either, so...

But yea, I'm sure some locations and some employees are just complete dickheads perpetuating that atmosphere. My limited experience is; however, that not every PF is run that way.

Has anyone tried the hydromassage beds / loungers at Planet Fitness? I´m curious as to what they feel like ant their effectiveness.

Has anyone tried the hydromassage beds / loungers at Planet Fitness? I´m curious as to what they feel like ant their effectiveness.
I love the hydro bed. One of the few reasons I go there. Water Jets shoot up through the vinyl mattress. Different pressure settings and you can direct the massage where you want.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I love the hydro bed. One of the few reasons I go there. Water Jets shoot up through the vinyl mattress. Different pressure settings and you can direct the massage where you want.

That reminds me of the body shampoo treatment I got at an oriental massage parlor!

You can do fine at planet fitness.
Focus on contraction, and time under tension.
Nothing wrong with a smith machine squat, though it's not like a real squat of course.
I have a bro that trains there and he is solid.

I haven't free squat in awhile.
I have used my Tytax M1 for the past 4 months.
I mainly use the lever squat and face forward or backward, and vary foot position to focus on quads or posterior chain. I also leave the lever arms unlocked.
I feel it activates my core more because where as a bar lies flat across your back, the lever arms rest on each shoulder.
I do have a seperate leg curl, leg extension bench.
I deadlift as well.

I was at a bros house and jumped in the squat rack. My squat went wayyy up. It's not like I am going to forget how to squat. Plus, the lever squat is safer and allows tons of variations.

Last edited:
had first "work out" yesterday

i say "work out" cuz i have been sick for nearly a month now. Started as Cedar Fever which lowered my immune system and i caught a cold, then the cold/cedar fever combo got me bronchitis and now a sinus infection:(

wasting away cuz i have about zero desire to eat. i want to eat, i feel hungry but nothing tastes good and i bout have anxiety attacks every time i eat cuz i cant breathe thru my nose so feel like suffocating trying to eat. i am soooo freakin tired of this!

Anyway, went to PF yesterday and did some light sets of chest, tris, delts then headed to the hydro massage:love:
i gotta say those things feel pretty damn good:)
i almost fell asleep. def doing some kind of massage after every workout:D
-F2S

I suspect most of the people who would 'never go there', have never been there.

I've been going to a local PF for about a year now, because it's less than a mile from my house.

It's a fine place to train, and always clean and maintained. If you don't have a need for super heavy squats, deadlifts, etc... anymore, like many of us don't, then building/maintaining a fantastic physique is pretty east to do there.

exactly. i was there last nite we got one in streetsboro ohio and again, there were as many jacked dudes there that i'd see in the "real" gym i used to go to.
there's ex-gym guys there who're 250-260 and maintain that size.
sure, they may be enhanced, but so are all of you.
30 percent of 1rp is enuff to elicit muscle growth so heavy lifts are purely a "look at me!" thing.
y"all try hitting true positive failure on a 20-25 rep set. bet u cant.
the only bad thing is the mental aspect. im surrounded by seniors when i go in the morning, so getting in the intense mindframe is kinda hard.

$10 a month to go and PF keeps the 150 pound monsters from slamming weights and screaming, I’m in

Those are better.....

Lol, yeah. Especially when they ask you after they finish if you "want something extra".

promoting a prejudice...

when i was at PF the other day i actually took a moment and read their big sign on the wall where the "lunk alarm" is.
it read something like this:
"Example: Look at lucas in his string tank top, drinking water out of a gallon jug. what a LUNK!"

it occurred to me, isnt that like saying "look at damon in his basketball shorts and do-rag, what a n@#$@#"

"look at bubba in his wife beater and ball cap, what white trash"

You could/would NEVER say anything like that. its discriminant and prejudice!?! BUT, PF has a discriminant prejudice statement promoted on the wall:eek:
-F2S

I went to one for a while since it was right near where I lived and was cheap. I left because it became wayyy too popular and I nick named it club fitness because around 8-10 PM when I would go it was like a club full of teens, people in their 20's just socializing and in big groups hogging everything.

I did take full advantage when they would have their free pizza sessions though, made great use of it while bulking.

I went to one for a while since it was right near where I lived and was cheap. I left because it became wayyy too popular and I nick named it club fitness because around 8-10 PM when I would go it was like a club full of teens, people in their 20's just socializing and in big groups hogging everything.

I did take full advantage when they would have their free pizza sessions though, made great use of it while bulking.

thats wild...

lookin forward to free pizza:cool:
i grab a tootsie roll on my way out:D
-F2S

They're cool at first, and they feel amazing, but I noticed that my body quickly got use to it, and it no longer felt that good after a few tries. Just like with regular massages where when you get one after not having one for a while it feels amazing but as you keep getting more and more that feel good sensation goes away.

PF is a marketing company. It's not a fitness facility. Reminds me of Bally's. That being said, as long as you're involved in fitness one way or another I don't judge anyone using them. And I'm a multi club operator involved in giving results.

Worlds Strongest man Brian Shaw sets off Lunk Alarm at PF

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBtqc8tpugU"]KICKED OUT OF PLANET FITNESS WITH JUJIMUFU - YouTube[/ame]

bout to watch this now... Brian Shaw is always a good sport. and of course a freakin BEAST.

i just watched first couple mins of the vid and Brian said he is gonna max out every machine and see how long it takes for lunk alarm to go off lol

EDIT: WOW Brian is strong af!?! He barely fits in any of the equipment and with no warm ups he puts max poundage on all the machinces and it looks effortless. wild.
EDIT 2: at the 7 min mark "intra pizza" nutrition LMFAO!!!!!
-F2S

Last edited:
Many of the PF machines don't go very high. I'm not surprised he toys with the stack.

Well... I am coming out too I guess...

I did not want to be the first one, but as the path has been bravely trodden by F2S I will come out.

I have a secret.

I joined three months ago.......and I sort of like it. There I said it. At first I was very embarassed for people to see me walk in so I sort of pulled up my hoodie, ducked my head and hurried in. I stayed around the dark edges of the place trying not to be noticed by anyone I knew, never stopping to realize, if they were there, and saw me, THEY WERE OUT TOO!

Much of it seems unnatural at first, but my first time all those many years ago with a much more "Accepted by Society" Situation I aslo was nervous, awkward, did not perform well, and was finished too quickly for my partner to enjoy the workout.

Some things take some getting used to. It was a bit disconcerting for a guy to offer me his Tootsie Roll in the gym the first time, but now, after getting used to it, it seems so normal. At least in my new Purple Sanctuary.

PekkerWood

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic