over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Soooo... I joined Planet Fitness

The worst thing about these kind of gyms is people dont know what they are doing. There is usually one squat rack with a 60 yr old man doing exercises in the rack that I never seen before. I was all fired up for leg day so I waited patiently for him for an hour. Than I finally went up to him and asked him how many sets he left and got scolded in the gym by a 60 yr old. He said, "Mind your own business. Dont ask me how many sets I have left. Just because you have all those muscles doesn't mean you own the gym." I just walked away without saying a word. Left the gym and did legs at another gym. Campers who have no idea what they are doing can get a bit frustrating.

The worst thing about these kind of gyms is people dont know what they are doing. There is usually one squat rack with a 60 yr old man doing exercises in the rack that I never seen before. I was all fired up for leg day so I waited patiently for him for an hour. Than I finally went up to him and asked him how many sets he left and got scolded in the gym by a 60 yr old. He said, "Mind your own business. Dont ask me how many sets I have left. Just because you have all those muscles doesn't mean you own the gym." I just walked away without saying a word. Left the gym and did legs at another gym. Campers who have no idea what they are doing can get a bit frustrating.

not a single one in the PF i joined so no worries:eek:

BUT, i know what ya mean. i been in a city funded gym and the ONLY squat rack there was a guy was in the middle of it doing ab exercises. no shit:banghead:
-F2S

My wife got a trial membership because she wanted to go work out when our regular gym was closed. She does HIIT type workouts, very intense.

They kicked her out. No thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

30 percent of 1rp is enuff to elicit muscle growth so heavy lifts are purely a "look at me!" thing.
y"all try hitting true positive failure on a 20-25 rep set. bet u cant.

That sounds like a fucking pussy, I understand that you are not a powerlifter looking for maximums, but anyone should want to train at 60% of their maximum weights.

And it's good to have a series of high repetitions, but the feeling of heavy lifting is non-negotiable.

not a single one in the PF i joined so no worries:eek:

BUT, i know what ya mean. i been in a city funded gym and the ONLY squat rack there was a guy was in the middle of it doing ab exercises. no shit:banghead:
-F2S

Exactly! That is a huge pet peeve of mine. It literally drives me crazy.

I go at 6am. Just us old folks and lots of open equipment!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

That sounds like a fucking pussy, I understand that you are not a powerlifter looking for maximums, but anyone should want to train at 60% of their maximum weights.

And it's good to have a series of high repetitions, but the feeling of heavy lifting is non-negotiable.

pussy. u try it. try low weights for reps. u cant do it.
guaranteed.

pussy. u try it. try low weights for reps. u cant do it.
guaranteed.

I'm not getting into the middle of this disagreement; I love heavy weight at low/medium reps.

BUT-

Low weights at high reps is a hell of a lot harder than it sounds.

I was using my bodyweight on a particular exercise for 8-10 reps; finished with 30 lbs over my weight for 6 reps.

I thought I could switch to 35% of my bodyweight for 20-25 reps - WRONG! I could only get to 15 without doing a rest pause. The burn was intense as hell.

I've changed that exercise to low weight, high reps permanently (as well as some others).

$10 a month to go and PF keeps the 150 pound monsters from slamming weights and screaming, I’m in

I needed a "travel gym" as I travel a lot for work.

After reading your post, I'd have to admit I never thought of it like that.

I joined PF yesterday with the Black Card so I could use any PF.

Been twice so far; you were right, no kids with invisible lat syndrome slinging weights around.

Training high reps is definitely harder than low reps from a pain tolerance point of view. Pretty much the lower the reps you go, the easier the set is going to be. This is true of other activities also, sprinting is way easier than distance running. The pain a 1-mile runner goes through vs a 100m dash runner can't even be compared.

I trained at the original Metro Flex gym did 4 bodybuilding shows under Brian Dobson regime,, i just joined Planet Fitness last week. Im about to be 53,,things change.

I said I'd never go to Planet Fitness until I was out of town and that was the only choice. I felt like I had to place the weight stack down soo lightly so it wouldn't clank at the end of the set to not make any noise. Also the lunk alarm went off and I still can't think of what anyone did at that time to set it off?

Training high reps is definitely harder than low reps from a pain tolerance point of view. Pretty much the lower the reps you go, the easier the set is going to be. This is true of other activities also, sprinting is way easier than distance running. The pain a 1-mile runner goes through vs a 100m dash runner can't even be compared.

100 percent, that was my point.
i broke mentally from the pain and the time it took to do 25 reps to failure the first time i tried the 30-40 percent of 1 rep max. i quit the set, then realized i wasnt at real positive failure and did 6 more or so.
it took me couple weeks to get my mind right.
the only reason i did that was cuz i was comin back from 2 injuries.
now im back in a 6-16 rep range. so much easier.
the 60 percent range gives u a great middle ground from the 30-90 range.
benefits of strength and endurance with the same muscle growth response as either extreme.
and now i go to pf on off days just to stretch cuz the young college age ass there is the best eye candy of all. either dice man or billy idol once said they're done with gettin laid. its just workin out, checkin out the chicks, and jerkin off.
i laffed at that when i was young. now i live it.

Last edited:
I used to train at Koloseum as well. It is...was... down the street from where I work. Metroflex is great, but like 30 mins out of my way. I was considering PE as well due to the price and the fact that it isn't too crowded. You can train anywhere if you are in the right state of mind. That being said, environment can play a role in mindset.

I had to Join Planet fitness due to money reasons its not that bad and there are 4 of ever machine, so you don't have to wait also tons of cardio equipment there are a lot and I mean a lot of big guys in there who I know are on the juice. they just redid the one by my house and dumbbells are up tp 75 pounds for $10 you can't go wrong

I'm old and broken but I still squat (lite as shit!) I have to stay at my hardcore gym. Keeps me motivated. Our dumbbells go to 210 LOL!

Focus on Cardio everything else will benefit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member