over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

sooooo.....how do I get strong?

Papa Van Smack

Verified Customer
Registered
Hey guys......15 year veteran of the iron game.....10 yrs for the dvds......started in high school for football.....loved the weight room more than the game and went from there. I'm taken several breaks over the years from training. In the 2000's I'd say I had a total of 3 years off altogether.....not all at once, but usually 8 months or so at a time. Which leaves you starting fresh.....ish basically.

I've done a lot of bodybuilding training, did a show once.....did alright but didn't really LOVE the prep and all that. Even when I don't lift now, my physique looks strong. I'm 6'2" 260-280 depending on training or not, big arms, back, shoulders etc......but I'm not very strong for my size at all. Biggest bench ever.....315.....took a long time to work up to.....and only 3 reps or so. Biggest squat 405....same reps and time frame. Biggest deadlift is not quite 495 but a little shy of there and I maybe got 2 and say "fuck this".

As we get older, our goals change. I always wanted to look impressive..I accomplished that, enjoyed it, let myself go a bit and back again etc....and now that kind of something I have whether I try or not....except I gotta keep the gut in check.....but most folks do need to.

I'm not sure I'll do it or not......but I'd like some advice....if I were interested in training for strength instead of my typical BB routine.....what would be a good outline to follow to get started. I've read up on these forums and some on basskiller's site and there's a lot.....and some westside barbell stuff......and I'm a bit scared that the lack of volume would leave me unfulfilled....I like volume, which is why DC training was something I aborted after 8 weeks and never went back to......

Has anyone on this forum transitioned from hypertrphy focus to strength focus? If so.....how did you do it? what articles SHOULD I be reading? I know I can be a lot stronger than the lifts I mentioned....and I've thought about going about a few times.....and w/ so many angles of information....I suppose I'm just not sure what's the best way to go. Thanks.

PVS

good points....I'd say those are in check...though no OJ just yet....I'm 2 months back into it and warming up the machine....strengthening tendons etc....before the OJ flows....

I'll check out T-nation though, thank you, that's the kind of lead I was looking for.

Hey guys......15 year veteran of the iron game.....10 yrs for the dvds......started in high school for football.....loved the weight room more than the game and went from there. I'm taken several breaks over the years from training. In the 2000's I'd say I had a total of 3 years off altogether.....not all at once, but usually 8 months or so at a time. Which leaves you starting fresh.....ish basically.

I've done a lot of bodybuilding training, did a show once.....did alright but didn't really LOVE the prep and all that. Even when I don't lift now, my physique looks strong. I'm 6'2" 260-280 depending on training or not, big arms, back, shoulders etc......but I'm not very strong for my size at all. Biggest bench ever.....315.....took a long time to work up to.....and only 3 reps or so. Biggest squat 405....same reps and time frame. Biggest deadlift is not quite 495 but a little shy of there and I maybe got 2 and say "fuck this".

As we get older, our goals change. I always wanted to look impressive..I accomplished that, enjoyed it, let myself go a bit and back again etc....and now that kind of something I have whether I try or not....except I gotta keep the gut in check.....but most folks do need to.

I'm not sure I'll do it or not......but I'd like some advice....if I were interested in training for strength instead of my typical BB routine.....what would be a good outline to follow to get started. I've read up on these forums and some on basskiller's site and there's a lot.....and some westside barbell stuff......and I'm a bit scared that the lack of volume would leave me unfulfilled....I like volume, which is why DC training was something I aborted after 8 weeks and never went back to......

Has anyone on this forum transitioned from hypertrphy focus to strength focus? If so.....how did you do it? what articles SHOULD I be reading? I know I can be a lot stronger than the lifts I mentioned....and I've thought about going about a few times.....and w/ so many angles of information....I suppose I'm just not sure what's the best way to go. Thanks.

PVS

Learn how to Olympic Lift properly. Strength gains are gnarly. Just dont do x fit LOL::port-smi

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131