over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sore Elbows doing Triceps

sounds liek tendonitis to me

i get the same thing

personly the thing thats works for me is 600mg of ibuprofen 1 and half hours before your workout

and do exercises liek close grips and JM presses for your triceps,

avoid things liek hammer extenions and skull crushers, things fuked my tendons

My theory: The triceps is a muscle designed to work both at the elbow and the shoulder joint. When you force the triceps to ONLY work at the elbow, you cause a great deal of stress at the long head attachment point (distal side). If you do triceps exercises in a way works the triceps both at the elbow and the shoulder, you spread the stress properly between the two joints and cause a lot less stress on the elbow. The whole "don't move the upper arm" and "keep the elbows pinned in" during extensions SEEMS correct, but it is actually not bio-mechanically correct.

This, from someone who has had surgery.

personly the thing thats works for me is 600mg of ibuprofen 1 and half hours before your workout

That's a bad idea bro. That's just masking the problem, which could potentially become worse during training with you knowing less about it.

I know that no one wants to lose progress in the gym but backing off and allowing it to heal (which could be speeded up with the use of an ART practitioner or the like) is much more beneficial than making the problem worse, which could lead to you not being able to train at all.

Short amount of time not training triceps will full intensity VS large amount of time not being able to train a number of body parts. I know which i'd prefer!

When I have a tendonitis issue it hurts even to lift a coffee cup. Hammer curl motions and such. My pain was at the elbow area but more in the arm area where it connects to the elbow. At the point your radius and ulna bones would connect to the humerus. I am likely wrong but if it is at the elbow it may be something other than tendonitis. Only thing that helped me was resting it for several weeks.

I have suffered off and on with this for years...more so in my right elbow than left...and it is intense enough now to where it stops me from training sometimes. All pressing movements and ANY single joint tricep exercise means PAIN.

Some time off helps SOME but I think I have some scar tissue buildup inside my elbow(s) and the tendon is over tightened. I get SOME relief (temporary) with a couple weeks off. And I get SOME relief with massage and stretching. But always comes back full force. I want to go see a sport doc soon but fear all they will say is Ibu and "don't do what hurts" - have been on gh for 8-9 months and that seemed to help SOME but then I train hard/heavy again and it's just as bad or worse than ever. Really don't want to have surgery but I feel if I could somehow shave my elbow down so the tendon is loosened just a TINY but I would have about 90% relief but don't want to be cut on and then can't train for 6 months. BUT I don't want to blow it out, then get cut on and cant train for longer...

I understand IGF can help micro-dosed locally...any success with this??

Used to have the same problem. Started taking super cissus rx and it went away for a couple months. Ran out of the cissus and thought that it had healed so I didnt need more. Lifted heavy for a couple weeks and it came right back. Back on the super cissus rx and it is fine, will prob never come off it again.

Used to have the same problem. Started taking super cissus rx and it went away for a couple months. Ran out of the cissus and thought that it had healed so I didnt need more. Lifted heavy for a couple weeks and it came right back. Back on the super cissus rx and it is fine, will prob never come off it again.

I believe Cissus has anti-inflamatory properties, so similarly to aspirin you may just be masking the problem. Injuries require rest/rehab to recover.

I believe Cissus has anti-inflamatory properties, so similarly to aspirin you may just be masking the problem. Injuries require rest/rehab to recover.

I did it give it time to heal the first time while beginning the cissus which is why I though maybe I didnt need the cissus anymore once it ran out. Also it took atleast 3 or 4 weeks for the soreness to come back after quitting the cissus and I doubt it is that good of an anti-inflam

What is the Cissus dosing?
Thanks,
Sd

go to eliete fts and order this stuff called blue heat put on sore elbow then put a elbow brace on ur elbow i use a rheband one works like a charm ur elbow mite still be sore but that should help

hd th same problem,did my research and changed my form dont know how to explain srry,trust me ok just look into it u ll find tht ur form is off and ur puting to much pressure in th wrong area,second to get ur blood flow back into ur elbow and balances it out,use some dit da jow work wonder,hope this help srry i,m no gd at explaining but it something tht can b fixed easy look into it

my elbows have been bad for years, all i can really do is chest or shoulders first THEN do my tri workouts bcuz they are warmer, and the majority of the movements are high rep cable extensions, only on certain days can i do overhead extensions or dips. a month ago when i was using igf des my lifts shot up so fast my elbows were screamin at me during chest and shoulder day :/

You can work around certain elbow issues. First thing you have to do is figure out what exercises bothers it and causes pain and which ones you can do without much discomfort. Normally skullcrushers and overhead extensions are pretty rough when you are having elbow issues. I like doing things like this towards the end of a workout when I am really warmed up and my muscles are fatigued and can use lighter weights.

Elbow sleeves are awesome and keep you're elbows warm. If you are having issues with an elbow I like putting some bio-freeze on it and then putting the sleeve on before I lift. You have to baby sore elbows for a while, sometimes months. If something is hurting it...dont do it! There is a ton of different exercises and you shouldnt do something that causes pain.

On days when you are working chest, shoulder, tris really warm them up well with alot of light, high rep warm up sets for your tris. I like doing a bunch of light pressdowns with reps of 20-30 to warm them up.

These things have helped me out quite a bit.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner