over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sore Elbows

woodswise

Registered
Over the years I have occasionally had joint or elbow pain (like tennis elbow). My remedy that works like a charm has always been to take a week off, and the pain usually clears up and doesn't come back for a long time.

I am on my first cycle, nearing the end of week 9 of 12 or so, making good gains. The past few weeks the elbows have been sore as hell and they really flared up this week. Should I push through the next 3-4 weeks or take a week off?

I pushed through a couple days ago and the elbows flared up terrible . . .

I have them under control at the moment with a moderate dose of ibuprophen.

Last edited:
Over the years I have occasionally had joint or elbow pain (like tennis elbow). My remedy that works like a charm has always been to take a week off, and the pain usually clears up and doesn't come back for a long time.

I am on my first cycle, nearing the end of week 9 of 12 or so, making good gains. The past few weeks the elbows have been sore as hell and they really flared up this week. Should I push through the next 3-4 weeks or take a week off?

I pushed through a couple days ago and the elbows flared up terrible . . .

I have them under control at the moment with a moderate dose of ibuprophen.

I would suggest to find a good ART practitioner in your area, i would that route a couple of years back and it worked great!

elbows

To really fix it get surgery. The muscle has micro tears and needs to be shaved down. I had mine done and it was the best move I ever did even with pinpoint injections etc. It is not something that will just heal they are damaged.

Try Kwan Loong Oil. I had golfer's elbow (basically tennis elbow on the inside portion of your elbow versus outside) and used Kwan Loong Oil as well as the Pro-band Band It support to relieve the pain (Amazon.com: BandIT Therapeutic Forearm Band: Sports & Outdoors) and after I felt the pain go away I used neoprene sleeves and still do.

Using the kwan loong oil and Pro Band I was able to train through the pain and recovered pretty quickly.

Here is the link to the kwan loong oil I use: Amazon.com: Prince Of Peace Kwan Loong Oil - 2 Oz: Ryo Su Yeong Park Seon Yeong: Health & Personal Care

I would suggest to find a good ART practitioner in your area, i would that route a couple of years back and it worked great!

Is ART active release technique? What do they do to treat you?

Try Kwan Loong Oil. I had golfer's elbow (basically tennis elbow on the inside portion of your elbow versus outside) and used Kwan Loong Oil as well as the Pro-band Band It support to relieve the pain (Amazon.com: BandIT Therapeutic Forearm Band: Sports & Outdoors) and after I felt the pain go away I used neoprene sleeves and still do.

Using the kwan loong oil and Pro Band I was able to train through the pain and recovered pretty quickly.

Here is the link to the kwan loong oil I use: Amazon.com: Prince Of Peace Kwan Loong Oil - 2 Oz: Ryo Su Yeong Park Seon Yeong: Health & Personal Care

Thanks. I have had good luck with other aches and pains with salves and liniments. I'll have to try this one, too.

To really fix it get surgery. The muscle has micro tears and needs to be shaved down. I had mine done and it was the best move I ever did even with pinpoint injections etc. It is not something that will just heal they are damaged.

I just have a temporary flare up of my joints, not something I would ever consider for surgery, unless I couldn't get rid of it with milder measures.

Thanks for the feedback, but sorry surgery just sounds crazy to me as a cure for this situation.

Not to sound cheesy but I'd say go with with R.I.C.E. (rest, ice, compression, and elevation).

At the onset of the injury it's crucial to rest and avoid any lifts that cause pain for 24-48 hours while icing (20 minutes max) for 3-4 hours a day. Keep the area in a compression sleeve when not icing and try to keep it elevated above your heart especially when you sleep.

good luck.

Is ART active release technique? What do they do to treat you?

yes it is active release technique,the best i can describe it is deep massage over the effected tendons,also might manipulate your arm while doing it,the first few sessions i had were painful after that more like a discomfort,i never stopped working out while getting it done, as a matter of fact i was able to increase the intensity of my workouts,before art i tried everything short of surgery to treat it and nothing worked,i had problems with inner and outer elbow for around 4-5 years until art,goodluck to ya bro.

flareup

I just have a temporary flare up of my joints, not something I would ever consider for surgery, unless I couldn't get rid of it with milder measures.

Thanks for the feedback, but sorry surgery just sounds crazy to me as a cure for this situation.

Sure understand mine came from years of fighting, lifting, golfing you name it just wore them out. But it was the best thing I did 4 years later and still perfect. Lifted 4 weeks after the surgary.

I have elbow pains.

100Mgs of hg deca a wk and tb500 has helped,alot

yes it is active release technique,the best i can describe it is deep massage over the effected tendons,also might manipulate your arm while doing it,the first few sessions i had were painful after that more like a discomfort,i never stopped working out while getting it done, as a matter of fact i was able to increase the intensity of my workouts,before art i tried everything short of surgery to treat it and nothing worked,i had problems with inner and outer elbow for around 4-5 years until art,goodluck to ya bro.

I have experienced wrist and shoulder pain that I was able to relieve by giving myself deep massage in those areas. Today I experience almost no pain there. Maybe my elbows are the next frontier in that battle . . .

Thanks for the good info.

I say the ART is awesome .
The Deca is great for therapeutic results . My TRT doctor said he can not prescribe any longer . Compounding pharmacy was original supplier but those 2ml amps of HG probably would rock .

I have been using rubbing alcohol for a while now . People think I have menthol cologne on .

The suggestion of the Chinese rub might work and cheap to try .
Also Burts homeopathic remedies show promise in most drug stores .

I would try everything first before surgery . Motrin can be a good friend . 800mg is the best .

Good luck
DWBO

What is your shoulder flexibility like? Sometimes the elbow pain isn't am elbow issue at all but rather inflexible shoulders. The lack of flexibility distributes strain to a weaker joint (your elbows) where the pain presents itself, ART can help a lot with this

if it gets worse from training then take time off as needed, but if you can just cut training your chest/shoulders/triceps to 1 day a week and it recovers between workouts... then do that

stay away from exercises that hurt it if you can, no extensions are needed for triceps righ now

also get some convict double ply knee sleeves and wear them on ur elbows and knees when needed

Thanks fellas. :headbang:

I took the end of last week off from all training and this week will skip the exercises that have bothered most (clean and press). I have been taking about 800mg ibuprophen split into two doses per day. And I have been doing some deep massage on the sore spots. The elbows are 90% better right now but I won't know if I am solving the problem until I try clean and press next week. I am going to try some liniment, too.

Also, my shoulders are great, completely pain free, though probably not as flexible as they could be, but not bad for a 46 year old. :banghead:

Cissus has done me wonders as well as wearing elbow sleeves on push days

Also, my shoulders are great, completely pain free, though probably not as flexible as they could be, but not bad for a 46 year old. :banghead:

that's the thing, your shoulders can be pain free b/c they are the stronger joint and aren't as susceptible to stress. the inflexibility in your shoulders produces stress to compensate and it WILL be felt somewhere, it could be your shoulders, it could be your elbows, it could even be your forearms and wrists.

Does one elbow bother you more than another? if so you can do some simple shoulder mobility tests at home, if you less flexible shoulder correlates with the more painful elbow you have found your issue.

Just spit balling ideas to try and help, you could also just have tendinitis or bone spurring in your elbows haha

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws