over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sore legs with numbness!

Polska 2

Registered
Newbies
Been a member here since 2000, had to create another account recently. Same name, but first post this time! (Last post under Polska was probably 5 years back.)

brief history. 52 YO. Been training for 36 years.Competed mid to late 1990s. Been juicing most of the last 25 years but always pretty consecutive.

current stats: 5 8” 235 lbs in good shape. I get blood dumped 2 times per year and always good about an annual physical or 2.

Diet is good. 4500 cals into 6 feedings. Tons of antioxidants and vegetables. Supplements galore.

Stick w the basics stack wise. 400 mg test varied esters, sometimes am anabolic or 2. Always moderately dosed.

Point of post: since I turned 42 I have had a hard time maintaining my legs size let alone getting any gains. I’ve always had great legs, big and veiny, and have always enjoyed crushing them with heavy squats and deads. Personal best was 495x8.

Now I can’t even get a pump, get the quads sore even a bit and I can’t even squat 135.

Even more troubling is that I have massive pain in my feet, ankles and hips all the time PLUS tingling and numbness.

Thoughts?

Been a member here since 2000, had to create another account recently. Same name, but first post this time! (Last post under Polska was probably 5 years back.)

brief history. 52 YO. Been training for 36 years.Competed mid to late 1990s. Been juicing most of the last 25 years but always pretty consecutive.

current stats: 5 8” 235 lbs in good shape. I get blood dumped 2 times per year and always good about an annual physical or 2.

Diet is good. 4500 cals into 6 feedings. Tons of antioxidants and vegetables. Supplements galore.

Stick w the basics stack wise. 400 mg test varied esters, sometimes am anabolic or 2. Always moderately dosed.

Point of post: since I turned 42 I have had a hard time maintaining my legs size let alone getting any gains. I’ve always had great legs, big and veiny, and have always enjoyed crushing them with heavy squats and deads. Personal best was 495x8.

Now I can’t even get a pump, get the quads sore even a bit and I can’t even squat 135.

Even more troubling is that I have massive pain in my feet, ankles and hips all the time PLUS tingling and numbness.

Thoughts?

Nerve impingement in the lumbar region most likely. You need an MRI and NCV. Unfortunately, if it has been going on for 10 years, it may be hard to impossible to recover at this point.

Nerve impingement in the lumbar region most likely. You need an MRI and NCV. Unfortunately, if it has been going on for 10 years, it may be hard to impossible to recover at this point.

Never had any back problems whatsoever, would that matter?

Never had any back problems whatsoever, would that matter?

Not necessarily, you don't always have pain in the area where the nerve is impinged. In other words, say the L4 nerve root is impinged; you will feel it wherever that nerves innervates as opposed to at the physical location of the impingement.

Not necessarily, you don't always have pain in the area where the nerve is impinged. In other words, say the L4 nerve root is impinged; you will feel it wherever that nerves innervates as opposed to at the physical location of the impingement.
Yeah, called referred pain. Think about how it feels if you hit your "funny bone". The brief pain and electric feeling zips all the way down your forearm and yet you just hit the elbow.

Also, think of sciatica.

I agree that it really sounds like some kind of nerve impingement. Typically (but not always), you’ll experience a progression of tightness and pain near the impingement. This usually feels more annoying than anything. As nerve impingement worsens, pain is less present, weakness and finally numbness sets in. That’s the worst of it. Also, the longer it’s impinged, the more permanent the damage. Thing is, nerve impingement is usually on only one side and not both.

I don’t wanna sound alarmist but have you experienced any other weakness/numbness in your hands? Any family history of neuropathy? Especially on your mom’s side?

I was having this problem with tingling pain and numbness in my right shoulder and arm for a long time. A few months ago it progressed to the point where I couldn't lift my right arm over shoulder level at all. The pain was getting unbearable, especially at night. I finally got a discectomy and fusion last month to fix it. The difference after surgery was dramatic. Lying in bed at the hospital the morning of the surgery felt like torture with constant pain radiating down my arm. As soon as I woke up after surgery, the arm pain was gone. I could lift my arm up in the air again. That shoulder is still fucked (torn rotator cuff), but it's a relief knowing the nerve damage wasn't permanent.

Like everyone else is saying, you need to get this checked out and fixed. It's not going to get better on its own.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws