over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sorest you have ever been....?

The worst DOMS I ever had was about 9 years ago. Sarcev was getting a lot of coverage in the magazines for making giant sets popular again. One week I decided to do them for each body part. My legs were so sore that anytime I had to stand up I had to clutch my desk and walk around straight-legged like Kramer from Seinfeld when he wears the skinny jeans. If I had anything other than a desk job at the time I would have had to call in sick for the whole week. It was excruciating.

Interestingly, going forward, workouts don't make me as sore as they did pre giant sets. Like my body adapted to such an incredible stress that anything else pales in comparison.

My calf training protocol involves doing a work set of 10 second reps (5 seconds in the contracted position, slowly lower, 5 seconds in the stretched position). Recently I've added another work set after that where I take a weight I can rep 20-30 times to failure (normal rep cadence) and after that I rest for 10 seconds and do 5 rep increments until I get to 100. Similar to John Parrillo. The first time I did that I was very sore for days, but I've since adapted.

My first week of training with my older brother I was about 13-14. I stayed home from school for 2 days because I couldn't lift my arms. Legitimately raising them to eat was painful.

Few leg days where you have no idea wtf happened when you wake up the next day. Holding onto the walls to get down the stairs.

When u get sore after workout yes is a good thing that means u worked the muscle u targeted but it also is not good cause that means you arent getting any blood flow through the muscle and thats what makes ur muscles grow and gives u a great pump so you should massage the muscle and should go get deep tissue massages at least twice a month

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
A sore muscle means on thr one side that you have caused lots of little microtraumata. How the hell does massage help for that?

Lats.....One thing I want to know is with calves like that, how did you settle on your user name here. Your back must be ungodly huge!!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Lats.....One thing I want to know is with calves like that, how did you settle on your user name here. Your back must be ungodly huge!!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

LATS came from a couple of my gym members when I owned my gym.. My back always grew easy.. One day one of the gym members wanted to train back with me.. I did six sets with him .. ( standard routine back then was 3 sets of db rows and three sets of chins).. After we finished chins I was putting weight on the hammer strength preacher curl to start biceps.. He said " we aren't done with back are we?" ., I said " 6 sets to failure is enough" . He throw his arms in the air and yelled " maybe for you LATS ".. Bunch of members laughed and the name stuck.. ;). Trust me if everything grew like my calves and LATs id be a much happier man ;)

Last edited:
LATS came from a couple of my gym members when I owned my gym.. My back always grew easy.. One day one of the gym members wanted to train back with me.. I did six sets with him .. ( standard routine back then was 3 sets of db rows and three sets of chins).. After we finished chins I was putting weight on the hammer strength preacher curl to start biceps.. He said " we aren't done with back are we?" ., I said " 6 sets to failure is enough" . He throw his arms in the air and yelled " maybe for you LATS ".. Bunch of members laughed and the name stuck.. ;). Trust me if everything grew like my calves and LATs id be a much happier man ;)

Lol.....and your forearms.....biggest forearms I've ever seen! I ask him what he does for his forearms and he says....I don't wear straps when I train back....lol:D

A sore muscle means on thr one side that you have caused lots of little microtraumata. How the hell does massage help for that?
What cause your restricting the blood flow bro how do you think muscles grow and professional body builders are always getting massages try it and guarantee u will see better results

Lol.....and your forearms.....biggest forearms I've ever seen! I ask him what he does for his forearms and he says....I don't wear straps when I train back....lol:D

Lol... Yeah I admit the forearms .. They are easy to forget..
. Honestly I never use straps.. I hate messing with them.. Grip strength was never a issue even in heavy rack deads.. But I never used straps even very early in my lifting..

What cause your restricting the blood flow bro how do you think muscles grow and professional body builders are always getting massages try it and guarantee u will see better results

They get it for other reasons...

Been pretty sore from workouts over the years. Calves and forearms come to mind...

But no gym work has been any close to the first days of a hard labor job, such as construction, mixing concrete by hand, moving heavy objects around, loading trucks and that kind of thing...

I literally spent a whole month with barely any sleep because of how sore and numb my forearms would get during the night after I got a certain remodeling job years ago that I ended up giving up on.

Not too many people Lift 8-12 hours a day....
Just being on your feet that long is more than most can handle!
I should get one of those count watches..lol
Do they have one that counts how many times you bend over..?

There's a reason you never get fat.

That has a lot to do with it.

And it allows you to devour a restaurant every other night [emoji2]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yep.. my job requires walking literally 8 hours a day.. it can definitely effect energy levels when lifting afts rwards.. last count i did was average 8 to 10 miles a day. And thats not counting putting away heavy freight a couple times a week..

When I was Superman at 25 yrs old, 235 @ 5%. I would do my heavy benching in the garage at 4 a.m. 3 x of 315 x 5 then work Concrete from 6-2. Go home grab my bicycle and ride a few miles to the gym to finish my workout...
Now workouts are only weekends and raindays...lol

When I was Superman at 25 yrs old, 235 @ 5%. I would do my heavy benching in the garage at 4 a.m. 3 x of 315 x 5 then work Concrete from 6-2. Go home grab my bicycle and ride a few miles to the gym to finish my workout...
Now workouts are only weekends and raindays...lol

YEP.. Many days I'm just too FRICKIN tired and have to skip .. But oddly on some of the days I'm exhausted is when I have some of my best workouts lol.. But it's getting more rare as I get older :eek:

I really have lost no size or definition working out 1-2 days a week and resting more...

Been pretty sore from workouts over the years. Calves and forearms come to mind...

But no gym work has been any close to the first days of a hard labor job, such as construction, mixing concrete by hand, moving heavy objects around, loading trucks and that kind of thing...

I literally spent a whole month with barely any sleep because of how sore and numb my forearms would get during the night after I got a certain remodeling job years ago that I ended up giving up on.

I remember the first time I cut sheet metal for 8 hours. That night my hands were numb and the next morning crazy sore.

I carried drywall back in the day, 6 bucks an hour. Worked up to 2 x 4 x 12 sheets of 5/8 by myself in a month....Fingertips screamed!!!!

Sorest....after hemorrhoid surgery. But that would actually be more like pain!

sorest I have ever been, my experiences

All sets performed to absolute failure.

Quads . . . full range squats immediately after
leg extensions.

Hamstrings . . . seated leg curls.

Calves . . . ascending and descending high rep
calf raises, no rest between all sets. Maybe 10
sets in total.

Traps . . . never worked them directly.

Mid back lats . . . all forms of chins with assisted,
forced reps.

Chest (when I focused on it) . . . high rep push-ups
and full range dips. I would never do flat bb or bd
bench presses.

Delts . . . lateral raises / bb upright rows / bn presses,
zero rest between sets.

Biceps . . . low incline db curls / standing db curls /
supinated chin-ups. Zero rest between sets.

Triceps . . . ez curl bar lying triceps ext. / close grip
presses / dips. Again, zero rest between sets.

Forearms . . . rock climbing.

The incredible soreness resulting from all the above
must be experienced to be believed. Had actually
thought there was something ‘wrong’ Sore to the
touch, extreme pain with movement. Just terrible.
Which is actually sad because in all cases it could
have been avoided by ‘breaking in’ slowly.

And contrary to popular opinion, working out the
sore, effected muscle the next day or two, while
extremely painful, will actually shorten the amount
of time that you suffer from said soreness.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear