over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sorest you have ever been....?

A few years ago I wasn't able to train calves for a few weeks for some reason. Then finally got to train them again and did something like 4 sets of 30 reps on standing calf machine. had to walk on my tippy toes for the text 10 days due to calves being so sore, could not extend the muscle at all.

2nd sorerest was probably in high school, first day of track season, 6 mile run after not running for months. Quads were sore for over a week limping around

Back and legs together, three times a week, for several weeks... I was perpetually the sorest I had ever been!

I would say if I smashed a really super hard chest back or leg day and something came up where I couldn't get my meals in or my post workout meals in than it leaves me extremely sore.

For instance I killed my legs about 8 months ago. I mean just totally trashed quads and hammies. Ate something that made me get extremely sick and started throwing up. Well the next few days after I missed those meals I could barely walk. Recovery was non existent.

Used to do the same suit when I was around 19 or 20 go smash a workout then go out and drink and not eat until late that night of morning. Stupid stupid lol

When I was a freshman in college I was a 185 pound guy playing strong safety at a D1 school. During spring ball all of our linebackers were hurt so they moved me to linebacker, we ran a 5-2 by the way. In the spring game our 305 pound tackle and 280 pound guard had a double team block on me.

The next day I felt like I had been run over by two trucks......probably because I had. ;)

Oh, did you mean from a workout??? lol

Usually happens after I do a widow maker set for the first time in a long time. Lol

First time I trained legs with Craig Richardson at Mazen Ali’s gym in Paterson Nj. After the workout I was heading down the stairs of my parents old house, fell face forward after my knees gave out with a big plate of food in my hands. I remember my mom came to see, standing at the top of the stairs with hands on hips she says “ bodybuilding, huh.. clean it up and do your homework”

Not the same i know but this still makes me laugh.

Sorest i have ever been was the first time i did test prop and NPP at the same time. I injected 3cc's of prop in my right butt cheek and 3cc's npp in my left. I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get out of bed. Had to call in sick to work for 3 days until the pain went away. LOL i immediately order some Sterile Grape Seed Oil. Felt like i had been kicked by a mule.

But for working out, probably the second time i hired John Meadows. Not sure of the name of the first workout he gave me but on our second run, he sent me one named CREEPING DEATH. Holy hell.

Dude.. wow.. 1cc of prop makes me sore let alone 3 in one spot... ouch..

Getting sick from lifting

Reminds me of a bit of a different story. When I was in college, lifting and studying hard would often get me to feeling run down. One day I was feeling uncommonly tired and run down. I went to the gym anyhow and trained legs really hard. I kid you not, within an hour of getting home I felt like I had a really bad flu. My temperature was 101 degrees and every joint on my body hurt. It was incredible just how fast the symptoms came on. It was literally about one hour. Before lifting I just felt tired out. An hour after lifting I had the high fever, body aches and pains, and nose was dripping snot. It was one of those really bad fevers where you actually feel like you are freezing and have to wrap up in a blanket, even though my temp was 101 as measured by a thermometer.

To this day, about 27 years later, I still remember how sick I was. It was terrible. I learned after that to not push myself if I was feeling run down like that. Never again would I let that happen to me. I learned to listen to my body.

Last edited:
Did a squat challenge with a friend (mistake 1) where we literally tried to outsquat each other for more than 60 minutes (including rest time). I hadn't trained legs for 2 weeks before that being on holidays (mistake 2).

The pain was so damn bad that I hit the floor 3 or 4 times the next few days. I fell down the stairs. And the best thing was me sitting on the toilet being unable to get up. Had to call my girlfriend with my phone as she was sitting in front of the tv and didn't hear me screaming after her since the doors between us were closed.

Last edited:
Dude.. wow.. 1cc of prop makes me sore let alone 3 in one spot... ouch..

Oh yeah that was back in the 90's when i knew nothing. LMAO:cool:

75 reps per leg bodyweight only of Bulgarian split squats. The burn was intense and I knew it was going to be trouble but just went for it.
2 days later I could only use disabled toilets as they had the assistance handle to lower yourself down. I had to fall into the car as I couldn't unlock the knee without crashing to the floor.

Calves have always been the sore spot for me. I would train with a guy at the gym who had insane calf development. I think we did every exercise imaginable for them.

The worst thing was that particular day I was driving my C6 Z06 which has an extensive list of things done to it....one specifically being a clutch that was strong enough to handle the power the car is making.

Every red light that I had to use the clutch at on the way home resulted in my leg just quivering and locking up into spasms.

That night I awoke numerous times to spasms and cramps that were excruciating!

This morning after taking a class at my gym yesterday (no bully plz) for the first time. Holy shit did it kick my ass

This morning after taking a class at my gym yesterday (no bully plz) for the first time. Holy shit did it kick my ass
Zumba? [emoji2]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Zumba? [emoji2]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

lol no

METCON3. It's an Equinox class. Pure conditioning. I've decided to make these classes my cardio.

When u get sore after workout yes is a good thing that means u worked the muscle u targeted but it also is not good cause that means you arent getting any blood flow through the muscle and thats what makes ur muscles grow and gives u a great pump so you should massage the muscle and should go get deep tissue massages at least twice a month

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

When I 1st started back at 40 did my old curl routine. 95lbs for 10 sets of 12-8 reps...Could not straiten my arms for a week!
It was right in the middle of Concrete season..I used door jambs to help stratin them out.
I took the week off and went musky fishing..Still not good, got into a 42+ incher. Had him on for a bit but did not set the hook hard enough due to my Trauma...Last time I ever quit lifting again!!!
Nothin worse then starting over!

When u get sore after workout yes is a good thing that means u worked the muscle u targeted but it also is not good cause that means you arent getting any blood flow through the muscle and thats what makes ur muscles grow and gives u a great pump so you should massage the muscle and should go get deep tissue massages at least twice a month

LOL...this thread is just people telling stories about over doing it...we've all been there. You post was well intentioned but not what the thread is about.

LATS you and I are almost the same age, I'm 48. When we got into the gym life, it was still hardcore...not like most places today. I over did it on every body part at one time or another but just like you, calves just about killed me. I was 16, just joined the gym with a buddy from school...training for a month or so, getting advice from the "monsters" that was in awe of. Anyway, I don't remember the calf routine we did but I think I was late to every class the next day...my buddy didn't even come to school for two day! LOL!! Fuck, it was awful, I could barely shuffle my feet to get from classroom to classroom and it was also two stories...pure torture!

The second worst was an ab routine I did...hahahaha...I couldn't even stand up straight! Scarred but smarter! :D

LOL...this thread is just people telling stories about over doing it...we've all been there. You post was well intentioned but not what the thread is about.
Ya i know sorry. It was just a fyi you would b surprised how many people dont know that info. But i train calves 3 days a week and they do get sore i do every variation u can think of high rep, low rep, light weight, heavy weight and they will not grow it makes me look unproportioned cause my quads and hamstring grow and looks crazy when i wear shorts looking like tooth picks lol i even did rich piana feeder work out and still nothing its very frustrating at one point was thinking about implants but i do not compete so no sense it just bothers me alot so it is what it is i guess lol

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner