over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sorest you have ever been....?

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
I have been plenty sore over the years.. Been doing this since I was 13... I'm 49 now so IVE tried about ever training technique around.. Some have made me sore.. But a few stand out..

I never work calves.. They always were big.. Much of it im sure racing BMX from a small 8 year old to 16.. But large calves run in my family.. So one day I decided I wanted freaky calves.. My calves relaxed at just around 19 inchs.. ( don't believe me I'll send Ya pictures lol)

So when I owned my gym a member said " I know you don't train calves but ARENT ya curious as to how big they can get ?" .. I kinda thought for a minute and said " yeah.. Kinda.. I'll start training them twice a week and see what happens in a month or so".. Again this was mainly for shits and giggles..

Well that night I did legs.. At the end of the session I did calf raises on the leg press with a good stretch and contraction for around 10 reps hard then would stand up and do another slow 15 reps from just the floor.. 3 sets..

Now I know I should have gone into it slower.. But in my " water head" mentality I figure my calves were used to walking miles a day at the gym so this " might " give me a bit of soreness.. Well later that night before getting into bed I started to notice a bit of soreness..

(NOTE READERS AND MEMBERS.. IF YOUR ALREADY SORE 4HOURS AFTER SESSION.. BUCKLE THE HELL UP... ITS GONNA GET BUMPY )

The next morning I was awoken because my foot hit my calf when I rolled over and literally put me into a dream sequence... The FRICKIN sheets hurt.. So I gingerly rolled out of bed and found that my feet could not get flat on the floor.. At this point I'm pissed at myself and know it's gonna get ugly .. I finally get my feet flat and woddle my ass to the shower .. They literally throbbed and pulsed while just standing inthe shower.. But I had to open the gym so off I went cussing and stifling screams as I walked..

I kept myself standing the whole day for sitting for any length of time then standing brought me to near tears and praying to a God who could care less about my foolishness.. I knew tomorrow was really... Really .. Gonna suck..

I went home and iced my calves.. Took enough anti inflams to make drug addicts liver jealous and crawled.. Yes crawled to bed..

The next morning I woke my wife and said " your gonna have to open the gym.. I can't walk.. " she said " please tell me your kidding.. How stupid were you?" Well " were" insinuates past tense.. I Was no smarter this day then the previous.. Silly question if you ask me..

So to make a long story short I crawled for the next 3 days to the shower and toilet.. Pain MEDS had no effect.. And I didn't work for 3 days.. This brought about much ribbing from fellow members.. But I eventsully got back to training calves but much smarter.. In 30 days I added almost a inch to them.. Got bored and stopped.. All that pain for nothing :banghead:

Tabata(sp?) for legs/calves.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Doesn't train calves has 19 inch calves [emoji52]

Does 3 small (sory Lats :) calf rotation, fucks him up for a week [emoji29]

Does train calves, does train them EOD, decimates them. Never gets sore, they never go above 17 inches [emoji45]

Sorest I ever got was doing lunges for track followed by eating kit Kat and going to sleep in high school. Total calorie intake for the day was probably 1200...I wonder why I was always sore [emoji854]

I had the same stuff happen to me with calves as you describe but on top of that I think I did 10x10 GVT style squats for the first time.
Man was I sore. Took me 6 days before I could walk with my feet flat and without my knees bending whenever i tried to make a bigger step.
Got a pretty cool nickname in school for that though. Turkey.

I have done the same thing to my calves. Woke up the next a.m. and when I put my feet on the floor then tried to stand up....I immediately hit the floor...cramped up and in a lot of pain. My calves scoffed at Advil. Luckily my neighbor had some vicodin so I was able to walk the next day. Never worked my calves that hard after taking time off from the gym ever again. Live and learn. :rolleyes:

Too many times. All body parts but the worst are legs by a mile. You know it's going to be bad when you can't even walk down stairs without holding onto the rail post workout.

Speaking of calves mine are really bad now which is strange as I usually train them all the time. I hadn't trained them hard for awhile (knee injury) and the other night done 20-40 rep horizontal leg press supsersetted with standing calf raises. Plus I modified the lying leg curl with a reebox stepper and sat down on it and performed seated calf raises on that. I could get a good squeeze so I went to town and must have done about 5 sets to failure with the full weight rack. So I am suffering now but this is nothing like workouts from the past.

One time I can recall is when I done walking lunges for the first ever time. That exercise really hits places most don't. I remember I couldn't walk properly for about a week. Sitting on the toilet was a battle and again well over 5 days when most time bad soreness lasts about 3.

Doesn't train calves has 19 inch calves [emoji52]

Does 3 small (sory Lats :) calf rotation, fucks him up for a week [emoji29]

Exactly!

Lat's if you done some of the stuff I have with calves I think you would have decided never to train them again. 19 inches and no training... lucky bastard :D

Try shooting 8ml syntherol in each calf then go and little kill them over 20 sets to failure. Even better PGE-1 in both calves... fuck I remember I couldn't even walk to the gym properly. When I done it in my quads I had to wait 10 mins to be able to leg extension 10kg as I couldn't bend my legs :eek::D Once I warmed up I was gtg though. I look back at some of my "experiments" and have to laugh :)

Last edited:
I also.. At age 19.. Decided to do a John defendis / steve michalik style giant sets workout for quads.. It worked for them so it should be great for a 19 year old natural lifter... So I did in giant sets of close stance squats, wide stance leg press, leg extension , and sissy squats.. All around 10 reps and pretty close to failure.. 4 rounds.. Followed by supersets of leg curls and stiff legged deads.. 4 rounds..
We thought it was kinda funny when we couldn't get up the stairs.. Then laughed when I couldn't operate the stick shift.. We then went to the local Pondarosa and ate everything on that buffet.. When I went to leave my legs actually gave out and I went to my knees.. We laughed.. Why not? It was a great workout.. It took 4 days for me to be able to even squat to the toilet without screaming.. My ass and vastus medialis were sore to the touch.. Absolutely miserable..

But here's the funny thing.. The next week we went back and did the same workout.. Barely a twinge of soreness ... :confused:

Taking a week completely off the gym, going back in, thinking you can go as hard on leg day as you did before your week off. Big mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marathon sex with my 19 year old girlfriend who was tight as glove! It hurt to pee for days. No, not from “the clap.” 👏

Marathon sex with my 19 year old girlfriend who was tight as glove! It hurt to pee for days. No, not from “the clap.”

If you tried that now your pencil would probably turn to dust it's been that long :D

Marathon sex with my 19 year old girlfriend who was tight as glove! It hurt to pee for days. No, not from “the clap.” 👏

Well now.. Some of us don't have 19 year old .. Tight.. Nymphs... We have much older mothers with numerous kids.. Not so tight.. That we have s x with while imaging 19 year old nymphs... So in others words .. I HATE YOU.. :(

Well now.. Some of us don't have 19 year old .. Tight.. Nymphs... We have much older mothers with numerous kids.. Not so tight.. That we have s x with while imaging 19 year old nymphs... So in others words .. I HATE YOU.. :(

This was in my 30’s. Haha I doubt I could pull 19 year p’tang these days. Hahaha 🤑

Sorest for me that I ever remember was from some extreme extra off-season conditioning when I was still a competitive athlete. I don't think I could push myself that hard again. We were all woken up at 4:00 am and taken into a hot gymnasium with big like wrestiling style mats all over the full length of the floor. It was the universities indoor basketball practice facilities. There were huge plastic garbage cans already there in preparation for the vomiting and the trainers had "squeegies" to try to dry the floors all the while we're running various forms of wind sprints, tumbling/ rolling on the ground, up-downs, bear crawls, etc etc....for 90 minutes straight the closest thing to a break we got was standing in the "ready position" whilst chopping your feet in place as fast as you could. They were called "Mat drills" and they were hell..coaches from around the country would come to observe...until around 2003 or maybe 2004 we very unfortunately had a kid die who had some type of heart condition and there was a huge lawsuit...nearly everybody needed IV's and some level of medical attention at some point during the 2 week period these drills were conducted. These days college coaches use this time of the year to focus on building bigger stronger faster players...these drills built mental toughness like a mother though.

Not the same i know but this still makes me laugh.

Sorest i have ever been was the first time i did test prop and NPP at the same time. I injected 3cc's of prop in my right butt cheek and 3cc's npp in my left. I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get out of bed. Had to call in sick to work for 3 days until the pain went away. LOL i immediately order some Sterile Grape Seed Oil. Felt like i had been kicked by a mule.

But for working out, probably the second time i hired John Meadows. Not sure of the name of the first workout he gave me but on our second run, he sent me one named CREEPING DEATH. Holy hell.

Most sore I ever got was early last year , my diet was pretty shitty nutrition wise and I had hit chest pretty hard on Saturday doing 4 exercises with two rest pause set (35-40 reps total each set) incline dumbells , decline hammer machine , incline flys , declined flys.
Later that evening I was cramping some , the next day I was pretty sore.

Monday some younger guys in the area were talking shit about Americans being weak so I let my ego get the best of me and did there chest workout with them (using excessive weight for me) with some high volume regiment they have.
The next day I was in so much pain I could not work , I could barely drive around , I honestly thought I had tore everything in my chest apart so I spent the next two day eat 1200mg Ibuprofen every 8 hrs and not training at all for a week

Tabata(sp?) for legs/calves.

me too, by far. 2 days in a row i couldnt bend my knees, hadda walk like frankenstein. did em with a 25 pound plate.
so i thought it'd be funny to have 3 other dudes do it and i didnt mention my situation to em .
next day they were frankenstein walking too. the one dude fell down the stairs cuz he couldnt bend his leg either, the quads were beyond toasted.

This was in my 30’s. Haha I doubt I could pull 19 year p’tang these days. Hahaha 🤑

If that's what you want, you're selling yourself short. There's an overabundance of girls that age raised by single moms with daddy issues. Big older muscular male is just what they need.

Sorest was when I was about 15 and had started training seriously. I actually believed the magazine articles about how pros always pushed to the absolute limit, that it was a life and death battle :D It was of course a bunch of bullshit but anyway... I had to skip a couple days of school a few times after leg training because I could not walk. The longest my legs stayed sore to the touch was 10 days! I did still get stronger and bigger by every workout back then being a kid, and angry training trying to kill yourself is a certain kind of pleasure :D

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws