over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sound Veteran Advice

oliveironni

Registered
So I read quite a bit on this forum and I find that the most sensible advice is given by older more mature users.

If you had to speak to your younger self, or to any one else that is starting to bodubuild for non competitive reasons,
what would be your top 3 piece of advice?

1. Stay away from all drugs
2. Unless you are a genetic freak, no your limitations.
3. Do not get excessively fat bulking up just to diet it off. Stay in great shape all year.

1) For the vast majority of us this will only be a hobby treat it as such.
2) its a very expensive hobby
3) less is sometimes more, especially with training

- Use only the basic supplements.

- If you make massive bulking and accumulate too much fat, make a drying diet as soon as possible and not stay in that comfort zone for years.

- If you go the drug route, analyze and discover quickly if you have the shape, metabolism and structure. Otherwise, better stay natural.

- Focus on the basics before looking for the secondary.

1. Don't compare yourself to anyone else. All criticisms should be in comparison with yourself.

2. More is not always better.

3. Never acknowledge or entertain anyone regarding this part of your life who is outside your circle of trust. You have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

- forego all supplements entirely except for MK-677, even creatine is imo useless
- be prepared to be pinning your entire life if you decide to dabble in
- don't believe the low dose nonsense
- try not to destroy your joints early on in your lifting career, you'll thank me later

BEST advice I'd give my younger self (began at 16 yo) or any decently smart teen or under 20 who's self aware of his all or nothing kind of personality? For real? Well... NEVER EVER START BODYBUILDING... EVER... STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS. :cool:

Once you get seriously involved, it's unfortunately too late for most... addicted for life. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH TIME/ENERGY/RESOURCES/HEALTH/WELL BEING/CAREFREE MOMENTS lost for nothing, that could have been spent in so many more productive ways instead... cause make no mistake, this never satisfied feeling you should be experiencing more than anything else unless you're very delusional if you're really serious about it can be - no IS - such a bummer... :(

Well, I guess it's too late now... luckily, over the years I've learnt to deal with myself... haha... :eek::rolleyes::);)

BEST advice I'd give my younger self (began at 16 yo) or any decently smart teen or under 20 who's self aware of his all or nothing kind of personality? For real? Well... NEVER EVER START BODYBUILDING... EVER... STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS. :cool:

Once you get seriously involved, it's unfortunately too late for most... addicted for life. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH TIME/ENERGY/RESOURCES/HEALTH/WELL BEING/CAREFREE MOMENTS lost for nothing, that could have been spent in so many more productive ways instead... cause make no mistake, this never satisfied feeling you should be experiencing more than anything else unless you're very delusional if you're really serious about it can be - no IS - such a bummer... :(

Well, I guess it's too late now... luckily, over the years I've learnt to deal with myself... haha... :eek::rolleyes::);)

Yes, I often wonder why I started this narcissistic lifestyle in the first place. Especially with my extensive university education. But like you said, once you're in, there's no more escaping :(

Now on to "technical" advice, if you've already spent quite a lot of time taking BB drugs (AAS, GH, slin, etc...) while being serious about your training and nutrition and still haven't made nearly the kind of progresses you normally should have, increasing your doses or/and taking more health threatening drugs (in the long term) will do jack shit for you... better invest in a good SEO like SYNTHEROL and run a few proper courses of it in every lagging muscle, it will be infinitely more profitable size/looks wise, with NONE of the health risks associated with upping steroid/whatever else's doses.

Truly convinced of this 100%. ;)

1. Stay away from all drugs
2. Unless you are a genetic freak, no your limitations.
3. Do not get excessively fat bulking up just to diet it off. Stay in great shape all year.

1. Any drug in particular that gets you to saying to stay away from all drugs? or this comes from your own (bad) experience?

2. Yeah one should be aware of one's limitations.

3. Trying to keep as lean as possible. I understand where this is coming from. Its hard to lose fat.

1) For the vast majority of us this will only be a hobby treat it as such.
2) its a very expensive hobby
3) less is sometimes more, especially with training
Sound advice here.

How expensive does it get?

- Use only the basic supplements.

- If you make massive bulking and accumulate too much fat, make a drying diet as soon as possible and not stay in that comfort zone for years.

- If you go the drug route, analyze and discover quickly if you have the shape, metabolism and structure. Otherwise, better stay natural.

- Focus on the basics before looking for the secondary.

Would you say AAS only work on some?

Abusing drugs is not the answer.
Don’t get fat and stay fat to bulk.
Heavy proper lifting for higher reps is best.
Listen to your body.
Don’t flat bench.

Of course the advice Phidias gave in his first post would be the best to give. Once it’s in you it’s there. Best to learn how to control it and be as healthy as possible at that point.

1. Don't compare yourself to anyone else. All criticisms should be in comparison with yourself.

2. More is not always better.

3. Never acknowledge or entertain anyone regarding this part of your life who is outside your circle of trust. You have nothing to gain and everything to lose.
I can see where the 3rd point comes from. Yeah I guess I wouldn't want my coworkers knowing as much as I do. Especially when they wouldn't understand any of it.

- forego all supplements entirely except for MK-677, even creatine is imo useless
- be prepared to be pinning your entire life if you decide to dabble in
- don't believe the low dose nonsense
- try not to destroy your joints early on in your lifting career, you'll thank me later
Back when I joined the forums in 2008 Mk wasn't a thing. I would like to give it a try at a low dosage. Any thread with good info on it? (save me the search haha)

You said it all with that last sentence, many of us here share similar traits, probably when it comes to the perception of self and dealing with all matters that arise from that. Getting to know myself is something I have invested in deeply. I'm not perfect, nor do I know everything, but I know more than average.

Rather than looking at the effects of your actions, look at the root cause.

Why the hate for T3. Never tried it myself and find it a bit messy to play with such hormone. But then dnp... Shit scares me.

t3 is purely catabolic

DNP is awesome. i took so much that i nearly died, and there was no damage to my internal organs (as shown by over a dozen blood tests and 2 abdominal ultrasounds over the course of 5 years).

Always put family and finances above training...... For pain free longevity use lighter weights with strict form...... Eat clean but schedule some cheat days.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws