over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

sources of fiber , grains or veggies??

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have been playing with my deit alot and have found that only eating a little oatmeal in the am and rice early afternoon along with fruit throughout the day gives me all the carbs i need to feel fine.

I'm only getting 1/2 cup oats at 4:30am and 6oz brown rice at 9:30am the rest on my carbs comes from fruits , typicaly pinapple , green apples and bananas.
I eat 2-3 cups of broccoli a day and 2-3 cups of baby spinach a day , sometimes i'll do green beans instead of broccoli.

A guy that trains same time i do but is a cross fit junky asked how i diden't stay constipated cause the fiber from vegtibles doesn't get used like the fiber from grains due to the body not being able to digest cellulose and that as humans we need to have plenty of grains in out diet to maintain healty bowl function and proper protein absorbtion from good fiber.

Now i feel great and can set a clock by my bowl movements so i think everything is working fine but i was wondering if some of you guys had any imput to this.

What you are doing sounds absolutely fine to me. You may want to add more variety when it comes to veggies...kale, asparagus etc.

I don't know where the guy that you spoke to is getting his information. I may be wrong, but i thought one of the benefits of cellulose is that it helps to prevent constipation (the exact opposite of what the guy questioned you about in the first place. lol).

he is right about it not being digested but it actually helps with constipation, so he is wrong about that. keep eating your fruits and veggies and shit well

well what about helping with protein absorption

If your having regular bowel movements then it sounds fine to me. If your worried about protein absorption, the only thing I can think of would be to add casein to your diet.

I generaly use a couple scoops of casine right before bed

Im a big fan of Ezekial bread. It has 4 0r 5 grams of fber plus 3 or so grams of protein. little peanut butter and ya got a nice little snack with good fiber. Taste is real good too.

I like to add a bulf forming fiber like pyhsilium husk in one of my protein shakes everyday. This kind of fiber makes sure your colon is getting cleaned and not having waste in their too long.

Im a big fan of Ezekial bread. It has 4 0r 5 grams of fber plus 3 or so grams of protein. little peanut butter and ya got a nice little snack with good fiber. Taste is real good too.

I like to add a bulf forming fiber like pyhsilium husk in one of my protein shakes everyday. This kind of fiber makes sure your colon is getting cleaned and not having waste in their too long.

I do both.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity