over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Soy Protein Reduces AAS Side Effects

AJW91

Registered
Interesting: Soya protein reduces androgen's side effects, leaves anabolic effect intact

Soya protein reduces androgen's side effects, leaves anabolic effect intact

If chemical athletes react to soya proteins in the same way that rats do, then a high soya diet could be of interest to athletes who are worried about their prostate. French researchers discovered that the phyto-oestrogens in soya soften the androgenic side effects of testosterone without reducing the anabolic effects.

You can click the link and read more on there.

Though I'm not sure what this means for the natural bodybuilder, it seems like this studies shows that soy protein for the steroid-using bodybuilder is good to go.

I dont think soy is good for anyone to ingest. There have been many new findings recently on how bad it is for the body. That it may be linked to brain damage and breast cancer. Just type in soy in google and you will find many sites with these studies.

LOL who wants to put a dampen on the androgenic effects of testosterone, hell i guess if your in with this logic, u might as well eats tons of soy protein like a woman when u run Tren.. funny i read this, i was at the gas station earlier looking for a greens shake made by bolton farms and came across an EAS protein shake; looked at ingredients found whey concentrate then halfway through found SOY Isolate.. lol them sneaky bastards... Ill stick to my all natural NOW CFMF Whey iso

Another recent study showed how 40 grams of soy or cow-milk protein concentrate added to the diet significantly increases levels of a powerful cancer-promoting growth hormone, called Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 – IGF-1.29 However, soy protein was almost twice as powerful as the milk protein concentrate – doubling the levels of IGF-1 with 40 grams of soy protein isolate. This growth promoter has been strongly linked to the development of cancer of the breast, prostate, lung, and colon.30 Excess IGF-1 stimulates cell proliferation and inhibits cell death – two activities you definitely don't want when cancer cells are involved. 30

**broken link removed**

Another recent study showed how 40 grams of soy or cow-milk protein concentrate added to the diet significantly increases levels of a powerful cancer-promoting growth hormone, called Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 – IGF-1.29 However, soy protein was almost twice as powerful as the milk protein concentrate – doubling the levels of IGF-1 with 40 grams of soy protein isolate. This growth promoter has been strongly linked to the development of cancer of the breast, prostate, lung, and colon.30 Excess IGF-1 stimulates cell proliferation and inhibits cell death – two activities you definitely don't want when cancer cells are involved. 30

**broken link removed**

Bro, people on these forums buy IGF-1 and purposefully shoot up with it, it's one of the most anabolic hormones, and you're trying to tell me to avoid soy protein because it increases levels of IGF-1?!? LOL

I dont think soy is good for anyone to ingest. There have been many new findings recently on how bad it is for the body. That it may be linked to brain damage and breast cancer. Just type in soy in google and you will find many sites with these studies.

Care to post any of these studies you find convincing? Because personally I've done some research on this subject and not found any convincing reasons not to use soy protein. I think a lot of this anti-soy propaganda is simply the whey industry getting all antsy about a competitor who is able to provide quality, affordable protein.

Soy also increases the levels of estrogen in the body. For women this may not be that bad, but for men, anything that is estrogenic in nature should not be ingested by men whether or not they are using aas. It is a female hormone. Soy based foods should be avoided by everyone, especially men.
Peace to y'all,
M2M:cool:

Soy also increases the levels of estrogen in the body. For women this may not be that bad, but for men, anything that is estrogenic in nature should not be ingested by men whether or not they are using aas. It is a female hormone. Soy based foods should be avoided by everyone, especially men.
Peace to y'all,

...only for those who are able tro produce equol (a subproduct metabolized from daidzein in soy).
This concerns only about 20% of caucasians, maybe 50% of asiatic people.
If you don't know anything about equol, try google or read this :
Equol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So if you belong to the 80% of the white people who are non "equol responder", you won't get the sides of soy. It means that you won't get anything from soy phyto estrogens, good or bad. Because you can't simply absorb it.

But if you really want to eat soy and be sure to avoid sides, you only have to eat it fermented.
There's a few soy fermented protein products (Jarrow I believe, and also some of the spiru-tein proteins).
Or you can eat tempeh, miso...

I'm personnaly vegetarian, I eat soy ed for years (only fermented and fermented proteins, NEVER soy milk or tofu...) and never get any sides from it...

...but you can also keep your whey if you digest it well. I only tried soy many years ago because I'm lactose intolerant.

Peace to y'all,

I saw this post and immediately was going to respond with something VERY similar to this quote...estrogen sucks, soy is not a good choice for males...

Many tests have shown that soy clearly raises estrogen in males by a recognizable amount, that should be at least the main reason to avoid it for any on this forum.

Okay guys, where is the proof that soy protein increases estrogen?

Everyone says it does, but where is the scientific evidence??

Here is a study which shows that soy protein does not increase estrogen nor does it decrease testosterone: Effect of protein source and resistanc... [J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

There has been one study which allegedly showed that soy protein reduces testosterone... But then it turns out that one of the subjects had testosterone levels 200% higher than the average male, and that he was the only subject who showed a decrease in testosterone levels... So, if anything, the study was skewed by a guy who used steroids, then came off steroids, and experienced a completely natural fall in testosterone production. Anyone here surprised about that? To read more, go here: Soy what? Refuting the claims of a recent study on soy protein | Flex | Find Articles at BNET

Furthermore, so what if soy has estrogenic phytoestrogens? Clomid is a weak estrogen... and it works by binding to estrogen receptors, thereby preventing estrogen from doing so. Since clomid prevents estrogen from binding to the estrogen receptors, it actually increases testosterone production... So shouldn't the same be true of the estrogenic phytoestrogens in soy? In other words, soy should increase testosterone, if anything.

For some reason, I cannot edit my own posts...

In any case, the above study (Effect of a phytoestrogen food supplement on... [Clin Sci (Lond). 2001] - PubMed - NCBI) showed that 40mg of phytoestrogens per day for two months does not effect levels of testosterone or gonadotropins in males.

For reference, True Protein's soy protein isolate contains 39.4mg of isoflavones per 30g scoop. So, if you made your own custom mix of, say, 25% soy 25% whey 25% casein 25% egg white, you could take 4 scoops a day (that's 120g of protein) and have no worries about changing your hormone levels. Add in four tablespoons of LBAs in with each scoop, and you're up to 216g of protein per day. Add in whole foods, and you should be able to fill you protein requirements very easily.

Soy, Really?

Ok, so even if we believed the clearly erroneous premise that men should consume soy protein because it counteracts AAS side-effects, that still means you have to eat soy. Who the HELL wants to do that. Soy is god awful.

Ok, so even if we believed the clearly erroneous premise that men should consume soy protein because it counteracts AAS side-effects, that still means you have to eat soy. Who the HELL wants to do that. Soy is god awful.

No. You could take a soy protein supplement. Not bad at all.

To each his own.
Im 270lbs and vegatarian. I eat tofu and some soy. Actually its better for my heart than an animal that has blood and puss and cancer in its milk.

At my age I have to start controlling my cholesterol level and this diet has reduced it considerably.

If your taking an anti, why worry about increased estrogen. Test does the same thing but some dex knocks it right out.

I like the guy who says all the anti-soy articles are sponsored by the american whey association. All forms of protein are good for you if you can tolerate them. I eat edamames all the time. If your source of protein is your biggest concern for excess estrogen production, man you are the lucky one.

I'm going to go run 10 miles and then eat a cliff bar and some soy protein...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Okay guys, where is the proof that soy protein increases estrogen?

Everyone says it does, but where is the scientific evidence??

Here is a study which shows that soy protein does not increase estrogen nor does it decrease testosterone: Effect of protein source and resistanc... [J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

Furthermore, so what if soy has estrogenic phytoestrogens? Clomid is a weak estrogen... and it works by binding to estrogen receptors, thereby preventing estrogen from doing so. Since clomid prevents estrogen from binding to the estrogen receptors, it actually increases testosterone production... So shouldn't the same be true of the estrogenic phytoestrogens in soy? In other words, soy should increase testosterone, if anything.

Yeah I've heard the claims of it increasing estrogen but haven't seen much in the way of research-based evidence.

I wouldn't eat it everyday, but including 3-5 servings a week is associated with reduced risk of heart disease and some kinds of cancer. Definitely something worth incorporating to ones diet.

Thats cool. I got plent of soy protein powder on hand. Stuff taste alot worse than other powders i bought though. Especially if you overmix too much powder to little liquid. I mean awful.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws