over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Soy Protein

F

Future

Franco, not to be confused with the tool from The Dirty Dozen, mentioned that he is enjoying soy protein in small amounts. I am curious about this personally. So please share away. I have long read about the benefits of soy however the negative of estrogen production has always been the draw back.

Franco, not to be confused with the tool from The Dirty Dozen, mentioned that he is enjoying soy protein in small amounts. I am curious about this personally. So please share away. I have long read about the benefits of soy however the negative of estrogen production has always been the draw back.

Well I didn't do a whole lot of research on it but from what Phil said small amounts of it are good as it has a gosh I can't remember the name of what it is but is good for the prostate for its anitoxidative properties...

I am sure if you did a search on it on here you could find that thread where Phil talked about it.....

From Dr. Weil's website:

When you consider that millions of men in China, Japan and other Asian countries have had soy foods in their daily diets from earliest childhood, you can appreciate that the plant estrogens they contain have no discernible effect on male sexual development, and no feminizing effects at all. Given the huge populations of Asian countries there's no reason to think that soy affects male fertility, either.

However, concerns in the Western world about the effects on boys and men from eating soy foods have been raised repeatedly and addressed in numerous laboratory and population studies. Researchers at the University of Pennsylvania surveyed men and women who, as babies, were given soy-based formulas to see if any of them had sexual, fertility or hormonal problems; they were then compared to a matched group raised on cow's milk formula. The only discrepancies noted were some minor menstrual complaints among the women (their periods lasted one-third of a day longer and they reported slightly more menstrual pain). Results were published in the August 15, 2001, issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association.
advertisement

In March 2002 the Journal of Nutrition published results of a survey of men consuming soy foods or supplements containing 40-70 milligrams of isoflavones (the phytogenic components). None of the studies showed that consuming soy had any effects on reproductive hormones or semen quality, both changes that you might expect to see before any overt "feminization" would occur.

Including soy foods in your diet may enhance your health and help protect against heart disease and prostate cancer. I recommend two servings per day of such soy foods as tofu, tempeh (soy protein), soy milk or edamame. That would add up to about 40 milligrams of isoflavones, less than the amount consumed in the traditional Asian diet. The earlier in life one begins to consume soy, the greater the protection against breast and prostate cancer seems to be.

Andrew Weil, M.D.

Was this it Franco?

Soy foods contain genistein, an isoflavone that helps normalize hormone levels and seems to be linked to a lower risk of prostate cancer.

...and yes I am gonna add soy. I am one of those "If someone more experienced says to do it and it makes sense I will do it" kind of guys.

I still love taking bromelain. That stuff is a godsend to my temperamental stomach and really was the key to healing up so well from my shoulder surgery.

soya works great!
According to MD magazine, soya doesn't do anything on your estrogen level. It was a rumor.

I love to take edamame(from japan or China), those frozen green beans are sooooooo good, gives you nice fat and fiber and little carbs!!! in spite of its protein.

Was this it Franco?

...and yes I am gonna add soy. I am one of those "If someone more experienced says to do it and it makes sense I will do it" kind of guys.

I still love taking bromelain. That stuff is a godsend to my temperamental stomach and really was the key to healing up so well from my shoulder surgery.

Yeah that was it......Phil said up to 45 gr is good....I have fell inlove with using it with my breakfast and afternoon snack where I have been having this high fiber cereal....Umm its great....

Yeah you gotta give credit to Massive for that......taht stuff is awsome and has taken away some minor joint aches and pains as well....and my stomach hasn't acted up too much lately either...

so you guys just using soy milk or powder or what? what form are you getting it in? phil told me about this just havent applied it yet.

so you guys just using soy milk or powder or what? what form are you getting it in? phil told me about this just havent applied it yet.

the name of the brand is Silk Soy Milk Plus with Omega-3 DHA......

MANY years ago (If I remember correctly) the only powders available were Bob Hoffmans High Protein. They were all soy, people used large amounts, no one grew boobs and life went on.

soy is not that bad, i seem to hold a little extra water with it but that is rare and i really only noticed it when I ate the MASS bars from MHP. there may be other factors to consider as to if soy isolate has less potential estrogen problems than concentrate or from soy found in foods

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws